Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

XshopaholicX thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

haan,  the dure in white shot seems like an introduction. Very dreamy and it really establishes as pyaari and masoom. Maybe its her birthday..

No idea, but the title suggests it will tackle something, with good winning over evil. Director is nadeem baig's assistant director. Writer ka pata nai, but the cast looks good. I feel maybe feroze is not coming too grey in this .. maybe this script is a lil different..

The thing is even though Feroze too is typecasted as an anti hero/toxic hero, there is a lot of variation in the characters, cuz the premise is very very different from each other and all his characters come across as various shades of toxic hero. Ishqiya, khaani, kam3, ayemushte khaak.. they all still manage to be different

But for danish i think its getting really repetitive now with sultan, shahzaib and shamsher. I think it was fine till shahzaib. Now shamsher is coming as a mix of, from ishq hai and deewangi to the point that it looks like this show could have been named ishq hai 2 or deewangi 2. Danish at this point just cant afford to take another rich, toxic,ishq junoon karne wala hero next. There will be no takers for that. It will harm his career and at the same time, its tricky for him to reinvent himself now and do something else such that audience also accepts him.. for that he too needs to get offered such scripts. I think he needs an out and out positive role next. Love story bhi ho, par not junoon wali. Kuch different, atleast he should not be the one doing junoon ðŸ˜†  

I think this is also why shamsher hasn't exactly registerd for me. Cuz it all comes across as just another junoon love story. To be honest, we all knew this, we knew every single bit of this, the plot, the characters, the premise, but still the same stuff has left me underwhelmed pata nai kyu. Which is what is bothering me the most. 

For me the second teaser felt more like noman is the biggest draw of the teaser, his impact was very strong. Again, if somebody else had played this role i feel it would have got really annoying for me, to see the father figure being the entire focus here even more than the love story cuz he is the one doing it all . . But with noman its different. Maybe even babar ali would be great. But the way noman has me intrigued na. I love it. He took the teaser a notch higher. 

Yet inspite of all of this, im still giving this show the benefit of the doubt mainly cuz of the writer. Iska yeh genre mein bas ek experiment hai or are we right in expecting more from him only time will tell. But at this point, i keep thinking why he has chosen a very cliche story. Like there is literally nothing new from the story perspective. Story line is also predictable actually. Even the way the characters are shaped. Pyaari masoom ladki, junoon ishq karne wala ladka who is grey/dark, rich boy's family doesn't accept this, maa bete ke side par hai but cant do anything, brother is gonna do only jee baba saab. Bhabhi is one kamini who wants to get her sister married to the devar. Mahek's family is the sweet family, maa bechari type, baap common man type, ek pyaari choti behena..thode problematic extended family... Like not even one character is surprisingly different from the cliches.. its like a formula jise follow kiya gaya ho..

But still each and every actor has been giving us vibes that this is really really good. Makes me think maybe there is nothing new about it, its the same old story and characters, just that the way it will unfold, will be fast paced with powerful plots back to back .. is what has made them feel its a good project. 

Did we go overboard with our expectations? Il speak for my self. Still il say we didnt..we never sat and thought beyond what we are seeing now for sure. Right now my expectation is that it shoud do better than ishq hai, views, buzz and trp wise. Danish is typecasted right now. So the comparison will be with his own projects. For everyone this project looks really good. Dure e, atiqa, noman, etc cuz its very different from what they are seen.. for danish this looking difficult to take his career to a new height..cuz its the same stuff he does. It basically a plateau for him. 

I have some doubts on amna that she may say this is just another ishq junoon story like she did during deewangi and not review it? But then i feel, she may still watch it cuz of the cast if the execution amd performances are good,.. Right now there are a lot of New shows coming on all three, ary, geo and hum, and that too with different plots.. so ktk has to have that that x factor now. Just like humsafar, its nothing new, but still it draws people to watch it..thats the point im making. One more plus point mere humsafar has is that the actors Haven't been seen in similar stuff before so it has that freshness. 

For that matter even pyaar deewangi has freshness cuz sami khan is in a different look and for the very first time probably playing the toxic hero..

So yes, reviewers mostly at this point wanna watch something new and fresh over something same old, even if it that means that the new stories are flawed or lacking execution. Its saath khoon maaf for them to some extent for atleast trying something new. 

XshopaholicX thumbnail

My attempt here at sharing my thoughts with you both is to share whatever that has come to my mind so far. Every lil bit. All raw, unfiltered and very real. You guys can agree to disagree, and bring your pov also forward. I think usi mein maza hai. The whole discussion! There might be so many things that i would be seeing it from only one track, ho sakta hai your perspectives could change it or help me view it better. When i first saw this teaser na, 

So yes, i think i like it this way, its our favourite boy's project. And we have waited this for so bloody long. Toh itna saara discussion toh banta hai ðŸ˜† ab chahe woh positive ho ya negative, but we always make it real. Thats something i like the best even though he is our favourite. As a fan, this ktk journey is gonna be a roller coaster ride for sure. Im glad to have you guys. Warna pata nai where on earth would i be sharing my never ending thoughts and gazillion simping, ranting and also, simpranting ðŸ˜† this ride is not gonna be easy, we have a lot ahead of us in this journey. I feel its gonna be a mix. 

These teasers didnt make me give an instant reaction. If it was something so good, i think my instant reaction would be i love it, and would be like cant wait etc. But on ghe contrary i was confused about what i was feeling, isliye i told you both ki, im still processing it ðŸ˜† tbh, i was kinda skeptical in sharing what ever i have shared, cuz i felt i should not rain on the parade in case you guys are liking it and stuff. But then i thought we guys are above and beyond that, and hum teeno humesha se sensible discussion karte hi aaye hai, so i thought il go ahead and put out. But still if you guys felt like your vibe to this swayed a lil cuz of my thoughts im sorry.. and yes even if you felt annoyed by all the criticizing i did..

Maybe the whole wait kinda sucked our excitement our enery ( i think il speak for myself) or made us give a thanda reaction? Im wondering if this had come right after ishq hai and sometime in dec like it was supposed to, would we have been in a better vibe and reacted more positively? 

Also, please ignore the typos, i dont proof read before posting. I just type whatever comes to mind and post it straight away. Lol

XshopaholicX thumbnail

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccc4T7bov4a/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

So its tuesday slot according to them 

XshopaholicX thumbnail

Since its a Tuesday slot..

1) Hum tv pe hoga Badshah Begum. I think atleast 10 episodes of it would have been aired by the time KTK goes on air. Views wise on an average it gets a lil over 2 million per epi. Exclude the first epi. First  two episodes ke humesha sab se high hote hai. 

The latest episode trp is like this ..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcWHNsHIQEm/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

As far as Reviewers are concerned they are watching it cuz its different from the regular dramas. They give it a plus point for this sole factor. Not particularly enjoying it but i guess finding it interesting and wanna see it become bigger and better. It has the potential to get better now that zara noor abbas gets the throne or something like that. 

2) On geo, dekh tamasha e roshni is rumoured to air on mon and tues replacing aye musht e khaak. 

Ktk has the potential to zoom past badshah begum in every sense i feel. Dekh tamasha e roshni is gonna be quite a big project for geo. So that can be a threat trp wise. So yes dekhte hai. Hoping only for the best. 

Actually after the teasers being a lil underwhelming i feel its good it got just a normal slot. Not a big or important slot, like Saturday for example. Cuz right now ktk has to rise above its own odds. Ab ke liye wahi ladayi kaafi hai. Only if that happens it will be able to compete with the rest. 

XshopaholicX thumbnail

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTWb1i6vHli/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://youtu.be/Req8Ez7Arbw

Posting this stuff here about dekh tamasha e roshni.. so that you guys can get an idea. Story is about education, doctors i guess.  And most if it has been shot in the northern areas. Imagine half of the cast and story has been shot in those areas. Budget is huge automatically. Easily More than double of what would have been done for ktk. Even story is something new and inspiring. It seems fresh that way. Where as ktk is the same old ishq junoon story with a toxic hero played by danish only. So this show has an edge over it. ek toh its shot in northern areas so for the audience also, its not the same old sets they keep seeing in every drama. A different community will be seen, with their dialect and costumes.. it will be a breather..

XshopaholicX thumbnail
XshopaholicX thumbnail

https://youtu.be/c9rvm23QdCA

Its a pain to watch this guy ðŸ¤¢ðŸ¤¢

Anyway, third teaser will be out too and that will be action packed. So that means that will be out and out shamsher teaser. I hope it also has something like he is protecting mahek, that will make it quite cinematic. And you know establish the love story in people's minds. 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Okay so I guess the problem here is that we had waited for a Danish project for a very long time.

And for that year, we got like bits and pieces of material to analyse so we came up with the role story lines and became superhyped. 

Now that is done is that it is created a picture in our mind right from the beginning to the end.

But the makers obviously will not reveal everything in one poster or one teaser. If you look very carefully they have not given away what the story is. 

Regarding Ishq Hai, it wasn't the OST video (not audio) or the teasers that did it for me, I only started watching because of Danish. Other than that it was horribly promoted. Very generic, could have easily been a daily soap.

On the other hand when it comes to KTK, they are unveiling one bit at a time. We don't have any information about Shamsher yet. 

So let's wait and see what comes next.

I am really liking the way that dealing with the promotions the material is being released and in such layers that it keeps you intrigued.

Our impatience or immediately predicting is now well known ðŸ˜† But lets just take it one teaser at a time.

This show is definitely gonna be a slowburn, which is what I was sure of after seeing the first motion posters of the duo.

Apologies if there are any grammatical errors, ek toh main bahot thaki hui hu, aur dusra I am using Google Voice Command ðŸ˜†

XshopaholicX thumbnail

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ccd9xTSA9ML/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Read the caption. Dur e give proper insight to the storyline and what we should expect. I think its pretty much what we all have been guessing.