Javed Akhtar gets Padma Bhushan

*salil* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Congratulations to Javed Saab...He is named for country's third highest civilian award on the eve of the 58th Republic Day....

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070126/main9.htm

Among those chosen for the Padma Bhushan were well-known political scientist Bhikhu Parekh, noted social worker Ela Gandhi, poet Gopaldas Neeraj, Pepsico Chief Executive Indra Nooyi, former Tata Steel managing director Jamshed J Irani, lyricist Javed Akhtar, American economist Jeffrey D Sachs and Japanese industrialist O Suzuki. ...

------------------------

We all know that Lata Mangeshkar has received country's highest civilian award -- Bharat Ratna. Anyone knows if any Hindi film music personalities have received country's second and third highest civilian awards (Padma Vibhushan and Padma Bhushan) in the past?

Edited by salilu - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sur_Sangam thumbnail
Thanks Salil for sharing the info..He deserves this award all the way šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘
vinnie-thepooh thumbnail
He truly deserved it....Congrats to Javed Saheb and thanx Salil
punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think he deserved Padma Vibhushan!
*Jaya* thumbnail

Originally posted by: salilu

We all know that Lata Mangeshkar has received country's highest civilian award -- Bharat Ratna. Anyone knows if any Hindi film music personalities have received country's second and third highest civilian awards (Padma Vibhushan and Padma Bhushan) in the past?

I know Manna Dey was awarded the same (Padma Bhushan) in 2005 (which I think is too late and too little); Yasudas got it in 2002 I guess....

Before Lata Mangeshkar, Satyajit Ray was given the Bharat Ratna, that too only after Academy awards honored him for lifetime achievement...

I think many of our musical greats who should have recieved it long back never did. while some others with a lesser contribution made it!

manjujain thumbnail
Thanks salil ji for sharing..he deservs it!!!
advil thumbnail

Thanks Salil ji..

He deserves it.Heartiest congratulations to Javed Saab.

Evilgenius_S.Sā„¢ thumbnail
O Congratulationz!! I just know about his lyrical work...but that's aslo awesome..so if he's awarded it for this then šŸ‘

Btw,sorrry but i dont understand Shudh Hindi..so can anyone b kind enough to tell me the meaning of this award title..and also why its been given ??For what service ..and in which field? šŸ˜³

Thans Salil for sharing the info. šŸ˜Š
advil thumbnail

Originally posted by: Evilgenius_S.Sā„¢

Btw,sorrry but i dont understand Shudh Hindi..so can anyone b kind enough to tell me the meaning of this award title..and also why its been given ??For what service ..and in which field? šŸ˜³

Saniya,

The Padma Bhushan is an Indian civilian recognition award that was  established on January 2, 1954 by the President of India. It stands third in the hierarchy of civilian awards, after the Bharat Ratna and the Padma Vibhushan, but comes before the Padma Sri. It is awarded to recognize distinguished service of a high order to the nation, in any field.

uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing.. Javed saab truly deserve it šŸ‘ šŸ‘