Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: powpow

Who is the director? Her husband aka the URI guy, or? 

Director is Behzad Khambata and producer is Ronnie Screwvala

This is Behzad's second movie if I am not  wrong.

Cheers..

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Savera84

Director is Behzad Khambata and producer is Ronnie Screwvala

This is Behzad's second movie if I am not  wrong.

Cheers..

ohh thanks for correcting I thought it was Neeraj Pandey🤦‍♀️

CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Saw this last night and found, it is over dramatic in some areas and you can almost figure out the issue with her from the start because it is predictable, furthermore a lot of what transpires is implausible and unconvincing, example: there is no way in heck 16 kids will stay for hours in a room while she is on the phone or walking around the house, waving a gun around, NO WAY, nope...they would be hooping and hollering and every five minutes you would have a susu goer...I would hold 1000 adults hostage over a bunch of little kids any day cause, little one's are mighty.  Also everyone knows a PM would never walk into a hostage situation, just like that...woman or not....nor would a severely pregnant officer be first to enter a scene of search and seizure...that was just plain irresponsible. 

With that said the positive points of the film are that it takes up some issues that need to be repeated until solutions are found or until society becomes educated enough to not shun victims or those who suffer from an issue, 

1. rape, the statistics are daunting and tragic.

2. mental health and it's reality, that a lot of people want to ignore.

3, social inertia and people's reluctance to do the needful.

I appreciate that they took the time to research statistics for this movie and that they used proper mentions and image of medication, etc...

I always say that some themes may not be original but they bear being told and talked about over and over and if they take some artistic liberty to enhance their particular tale then so be it, so kudos to the makers.

The performers all did well and as expected as per their previous work.  Yami continues to solidify her status as an actress with consistency and merit.  

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

My take 

A Thursday

There is more to this film than a race against time to save the kids. It is well-intentioned and makes its point emphatically. It sets itself apart from the average thriller by providing a solid ideology.

As per the story goes, Mumbai Police and the media are shocked when Naina Jaiswal (Yami Gautam), a 30-something preschool teacher, announces that she has kidnapped 16 children from her nursery. She issues a warning.In cinema, we are witnessing an interesting time. Ladies are no longer seen as pretty props or damsels in distress. Stories are now being told about them. Stories that go far beyond the surface. These are stories that matter. Yami Gautam Dhar is given her first author-backed role by director Behzad Khambata. Yami must play a character who is cold and yet able to radiate fire through silence and ambiguity.Dimpi Kapadia and Neha Dhupia play important characters in this film, and both of them provide powerful performances. Atul Kulkarni is perfect for the role.Dimpi Kapadia and Neha Dhupia play important characters in this film, and both of them provide powerful performances. Atul Kulkarni is perfect for the role.In contrast to Neeraj Pandey's cinematic storytelling, Behzad Khambata's suspenseful hostage drama has a far-fetched storyline. It falls short of Neeraj Pandey's storytelling but gets the underlying emotion right.

Streaming on Hotstar

Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

The movie was 3/5 for me, what worked was the pace of the movie . There was not a single boring moment but it was a bit predictable, regarding the villain-y of yami's character. A prime minister willing to talk in person,  to a seemingly cold blooded kidnapper  was bit too much but maybe pm being an empathetic woman was the reason it worked? Yami did good, she could have been better but she definitely has a solid screen presence, good dialogue delivery  and such an enchanting face. 

The best thing was when she called in the news and showed their true face for  calling a person on antidepressants as crazy psycho and also the fiance being a nice person worked for me.

Mistyy thumbnail

Just watched it, really liked the movie. Yami continues to surprise us, the movie was well paced and thrilling. 

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Watched it today..thoroughly gripping and well paced. This movie deserved a theater release.

Yami carried it on her shoulders and how well! Amazing she is. Neha too did quite well