What's your thought so far? or is it early to judge?

rbpll thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Its been 1 week, the show has started. What's your thought so far? What you like, dislike, and what could have been better? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

I'll agree that one week is too early to judge but one week is also enough to tell how well the execution could be anticipated enough for perhaps future episodes. 

Frankly speaking, I prefer fast-paced drama and it was good to see Dayashankar ji and Joyshree ma'am after long time in full-fledged roles. I have seen the ML in EDKV2 where he did decent despite feeling limited at times till mid-October 2021. Regarding this show, I had low anticipations because it reminded me of BBKD though plot lines are entirely divergent afterwards. I feel some of the other characters and actress playing Gargi also are somewhat either restrained or going OTT at times but have potential to improve with passing episodes. 

As per plot line development, there are questions that still need proper clarity in terms so hopefully the direction is far more clear in the upcoming episodes. 

rbpll thumbnail

Originally posted by: Myrah_2020

I'll agree that one week is too early to judge but one week is also enough to tell how well the execution could be anticipated enough for perhaps future episodes. 

Frankly speaking, I prefer fast-paced drama and it was good to see Dayashankar ji and Joyshree ma'am after long time in full-fledged roles. I have seen the ML in EDKV2 where he did decent despite feeling limited at times till mid-October 2021. Regarding this show, I had low anticipations because it reminded me of BBKD though plot lines are entirely divergent afterwards. I feel some of the other characters and actress playing Gargi also are somewhat either restrained or going OTT at times but have potential to improve with passing episodes. 

As per plot line development, there are questions that still need proper clarity in terms so hopefully the direction is far more clear in the upcoming episodes. 

The Good:

1. Fast paced storyline

2. Realistic and aesthetically beautiful set (especially daddy ji's home)

3. flawed characters, there is no hero or villain

4. overall a wholesome show

5. Hero is kind, positive, innocent, and naive but know how to put his point foward and takes stand when needed to be. No strong opinion about female protagnist as of yet as I need more peeling of layers from show.

6. All actors are doing justice to their characters so far. 

The Bad:

1. The idea of Dadyji's to recognise Manu from past and in a 2 sec convincing that this guy is best for my daughter is quite far fetched. It would be great if makers would have spent some time in this aspect of storyline and then proceed with marriage.

2. Considering Gargi is a strong, confident, and opinionated girl and Daddyji's seems a doting father so can't force her daughter to marry. How can Gargi agreed to marriage where she straightaway see the groom on the day of wedding.  I am not able to connect the dots here.

3. Manu's father need a little bit substance and spark here. His plotline that he doesn't made it big and mostly kept busy with magic sounds nice on paper, but in execution, I don't enjoy it much.

4. Need some more screen space and dialogues for the youngest sister Shikha. 

Edited by rbpll - 2 years ago
KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rbpll

The Bad:

1. The idea of Dadyji's to recognise Manu from past and in a 2 sec convincing that this guy is best for my daughter is quite far fetched. It would be great if makers would have spent some time in this aspect of storyline and then proceed with marriage. Lol, it WAS definitely HUSHED-HUSHED. How comes the Maurya family is oblivious of Daddy ji when the entire Lucknow "supposedly fears and knows" him?๐Ÿ˜†Matlab even Deepu and Pinki were detached of this knowledge. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

2. Considering Gargi is a strong, confident, and opinionated girl and Daddyji's seems a doting father so can't force her daughter to marry. How can Gargi agreed to marriage where she straightaway see the groom on the day of wedding.  I am not able to connect the dots here. That is where I'm befuddled by terms of character sketch. I mean, I understand the frustration that she was coerced into this relationship but before this abrupt marriage, was she some happy-going individual before the sudden contrast in personality? I mean, it was quite obvious that Daddy ji coerced her into this relationship and didn't inform of what Manu said prior to the marriage, but what was Daddy's reason to get her into this relationship if she wasn't satisfied in one go?

Manu ka character sketch, we get. He's doesn't react overtly like Deepu but does feel emotions, however, limit comes into play here therefore I wouldn't categorize him much into the whole innocent character but an individual who looks more into the respect and focusing his energy to resolve things into a more positive manner. 

3. Manu's father need a little bit substance and spark here. His plotline that he doesn't made it big and mostly kept busy with magic sounds nice on paper, but in execution, I don't enjoy it much. The actor playing this role is actually a good veteran actor but I do feel his role is limited. He does narrate the story but still, I feel that contributes more than to the actual role itself.

4. Need some more screen space and dialogues for the youngest sister Shikha. Isn't she supposed to be some vlogger? That's what I read from the interviews for her character. 

rbpll thumbnail

Its like daddy ji saw Manu in jail... remembered that he is that child who he saved 20 years ago ..decided overnight he is right for my daughter...next day call Manu to strike the deal of 7 lakh in return of marriage...informed gargi that you are going to marry next day. Gargi without any opposing comes to marry despite of the fact that she love some one else. Even if she did rebel against daddy's decision, why he didn't listen to her? 

This whole angle has many loopholes. 

Manu is right in his part. He is returning the favour which daddy did for him. Plus he need money for his business. He didn't know that gargi is not happy with this marriage.

Manu's whole character is based on this saying "jab kuch galat kiya hi nahi hai to kuch galat hoga bhi nai"...he is blessed soul due to his kindness. He keep on facing many problems but eventually come out somehow. Manu maybe innocent but pretty sensible and sharp to understand situation. For eg...on the day of wedding he understood that gargi is not happy with this marriage by looking at her demenour. As you mentioned that he looks more at solving the problem. 

If we keep aside this problematic relationship, Manu did strike a gold. He got 7 lakh for his business, without any hustle. Yaha logo ke pair ghis jaate hai investor dhundte dhundte. Unlike Deepu, he is not working for his sasur. ๐Ÿ˜†. Thats why he is a lucky soul. 

rbpll thumbnail

Its like daddy ji saw Manu in jail... remembered that he is that child who he saved 20 years ago ..decided overnight he is right for my daughter...next day call Manu to strike the deal of 7 lakh in return of marriage...informed gargi that you are going to marry next day. Gargi without any opposing comes to marry despite of the fact that she love some one else. Even if she did rebel against daddy's decision, why he didn't listen to her? 

Manu is right in his part. He is returning the favour which daddy did for him. Plus he need money for his business. He didn't know that gargi is not happy with this marriage.

Manu's whole character is based on this saying "jab kuch galat kiya hi nahi hai to kuch galat hoga bhi nai"...he is blessed soul due to his kindness. He keep on facing many problems but eventually come out somehow. Manu maybe innocent but pretty sensible and sharp to understand situation. For eg...on the day of wedding he understood that gargi is not happy with this marriage by looking at her demenour. As you mentioned that he looks more at solving the problem. 

If we keep aside this problematic relationship, Manu did strike a gold. He got 7 lakh for his business, without any hustle. Yaha logo ke pair ghis jaate hai investor dhundte dhundte. Unlike Deepu, he is not working for his sasur. smiley36. Thats why he is a lucky soul. 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rbpll

I think part of this might have to do with the pace of the story. Pacing could play a double-edge sword, na. ๐Ÿ˜†It is mysterious as to what were the conditions that coerced Gargi into this relationship and Daddy ji kept mum as to what Manu mentioned for her permission before the abrupt marriage. I feel pacing might've screwed and yielded these loopholes into the story. 

The arc is definitely more on wisdom for sure TBH. It's like he wants to communicate but he has his own manner (probably limitations is a wrong word to put it into context๐Ÿ˜†). There is reservedness that is observable wherein he doesn't want to agitate the opposite person's feelings. Like he want to talk but at the same time, how he dodges an extreme situation or let's go of it is imperative. Sometimes the matter gets to the extreme and he mainly trusts his Daadi in terms of expressing his feelings, even reciting her teachings verbatim. Chanchalpaan hai in his behavior but he definitely isn't aloof of matters. 

If we keep aside this problematic relationship, Manu did strike a gold. He got 7 lakh for his business, without any hustle. Yaha logo ke pair ghis jaate hai investor dhundte dhundte. Unlike Deepu, he is not working for his sasur. smiley36. Thats why he is a lucky soul. 

Lol, practically dekha jae toh haan. Strike toh hua h. Deepu toh basically is a ghar jamai in the Maurya house. His character sketch, TBH, is jarring alongside Pinky over their proclamation of the child of rival business owner who destroyed JMD tent-house.