Some thoughts on first episode of Fanaa...

Autumn09 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I mean in the first episode itself, they made it clear that the hoodie man is Ayaz Ahmed (I know his voice). And frankly the characters of Agastya and Pakhi are too good to be true and over saccharine. Paakhi ki toxic positivity annoyed me in the first episode itself and they went out of the way to show how perfect Agastya is. And Zain doesn't have the screen presence of Alisha/Arjun/Rrahul. Season 2 was literally a big letdown when compared to season 1 though on acting front, Helly and Rrahul were really good. But there was no twisted or memorable out of the box love story in IMMJ2. Similarly, I am not feeling much chemistry between Reem and Zain. I couldn't bring myself to care for the characters. The character of Pakhi is too sunny and always happy. And in the first episode itself they brought out the same old trope of Pakhi being a middle class girl. I know ITV shows are filled with these tropes, but from a show that's been proclaimed as progressive, never seen before story, I expected a bit depth in the main characters apart from the irritating "Main Universe ki sabse favourite child hoon."

What are your thoughts about Fanaa?

Edited by Autumn09 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I don't know if it's Reem or Pakhi but the character is damn boring. She sounds like same old tape recorder. ðŸ˜•

Arjun and Alisha were fab. Alisha as Tara was the best thing about the show. 

I couldn't enjoy S2 so didn't watch it more 5 or 6 episodes. I liked Helly in her previous shows but not in this one. Rrahul I kinda find him wooden face. So that season was not watchable for me.

Zain is a good actor so I hope we will see the layers of the character soon. He can surprise us. The overly nice guy is giving me diabetes for now. ðŸ˜†

The other guy is definitely gonna show his true color soon. ðŸ˜†

Makayla200231 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Cant stand pakhi, and the actor who plays her, there just is no chemistry. I'm only watching it for zain imam. They should have picked someone else to play pakhi 

Autumn09 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MuguetDScorpion

I don't know if it's Reem or Pakhi but the character is damn boring. She sounds like same old tape recorder. ðŸ˜•

I couldn't enjoy S2 so didn't watch it more 5 or 6 episodes. I liked Helly in her previous shows but not in this one. Rrahul I kinda find him wooden face. So that season was not watchable for me.

Zain is a good actor so I hope we will see the layers of the character soon. He can surprise us. The overly nice guy is giving me diabetes for now. ðŸ˜†

I agree completely. The thing is Reem always plays the outspoken, bubbly character in all her serials and she doesn't usually play characters with much depth. I cringed so hard at her dialogue- Gurgaon ki gundi hoon main. Like seriously? And just compare that to the classiness of Tara. Even Aarohi was so sophisticated but things went downhill after season 2. Riddhima was the perpetual damsel in distress despite Helly being a great actress. Tbh I'm turned off from the show because of that Pakhi character.

Autumn09 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Makayla200231

Cant stand pakhi, and the actor who plays her, there just is no chemistry. I'm only watching it for zain imam. They should have picked someone else to play pakhi 

True. Reem is not suitable for the role. And the chemistry between Pakhi and Agastya is non existent. At best, Pakhi looks like a younger sibling of Agasthya. I don't know why they don't sign age appropriate actors as leads?

In late 90s and 2000s, the age of both male and female leads was in the same range and their chemistry also used to be intense.

MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Autumn09

I agree completely. The thing is Reem always plays the outspoken, bubbly character in all her serials and she doesn't usually play characters with much depth. I cringed so hard at her dialogue- Gurgaon ki gundi hoon main. Like seriously? And just compare that to the classiness of Tara. Even Aarohi was so sophisticated but things went downhill after season 2. Riddhima was the perpetual damsel in distress despite Helly being a great actress. Tbh I'm turned off from the show because of that Pakhi character.

They should have casted someone mature for the role and give a mature role. Just too bored to see the same characters again and again. Tara was different that's why people loved her. S2 was really a put off for me and I think S3 will be the same. ðŸ˜† Unless the three main characters have layers and they can give us the twist and turns which is needed. 

Autumn09 thumbnail

They should have casted someone mature for the role and give a mature role. Just too bored to see the same characters again and again. Tara was different that's why people loved her. S2 was really a put off for me and I think S3 will be the same. ðŸ˜† Unless the three main characters have layers and they can give us the twist and turns which is needed. 

Yes, I agree. I was so fed up with the Universe chant throughout the show. The same stereotypical, caricaturish portrayal of middle class family. I mean no one at out homes behave like that. And honestly this glorification of digital stalking is stupid at best.

After season 2, immj series has just become a platform for showcasing designer clothes and luxurious locations.

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

I have just started watching it because of Zain Imaam because he was wonder full in Namkaran but of course it was Mahesh Bhatt show all the cast did their best and plus the story ,lets see here .

sumz_d thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

@Bold completely agree with you.

Season 2 was a Disaster in terms of story, characterization and acting.

I mean Vansh was supposedly a "MAFIA" but in the middle of the series, they kept revealing that he did not kill anyone, he didnt do any illegal business, he was "Mahaan" who donated his wealth blah blah 

Like the desperation to make Vansh the ML was sooooo on the face.

Nothing made sense there. ðŸ˜† 

I really hope this season the story and main plot remains intact and no sign of desperation to please any fd happens here.  

"Fingers Crossed"    

heartfilia thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The first episodes are okay, but really, Pakhi and Agastya's chemistry doesn't work, and their story is looking boring. Despite this, Pakhi and Ishaan are looking good. 

As for S2, that series was confusing and complicated in a bad way, sorry. Weak FL, dumb ML, and weirdo 2ML. 

They even don't explain Kabir and Riddhima's history properly, but they added meaningless room dates between each other. 

Vansh? 40 or 35-year-old virgin, worst husband, a guy who did nothing about everything happening on his around lmao Kabir was better, but he was a weirdo. 

Riddhima is weak. They all treated her badly, but she even didn't resist them a little bit. 

I hope this series can make better. 

Edited by heartfilia - 2 years ago