Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShinyMishka thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Grao10

What a brilliant piece of writing! You are, indeed, an extremely talented writer and I’m sure you will become a celebrated writer, if you are not already one. Abhay’s love and pain were so poignantly expressed. This, for me, will remain the final chapter for this story! This is closure for me. No matter where the makers take this story, how they glorify Vikrant and Deepika, Dhadkan will be for me this, your version, where the protagonist is the beautiful Dr. Abhay Sathe and his tragic and yet elevating love for a woman who, unfortunately, didn’t know better! 💗

Wow, thank you for the high praise! Writing is just a hobby for me, and I definitely don't do it enough. I love to practice and experiment with pieces like this. I was nervous because I never write in first person. I'm glad you liked it! For me, Dhadkan is about dreams, and I wanted to show that although a person may die, dreams are undying, and can be kept alive through those who truly love you. 

ShinyMishka thumbnail

Originally posted by: SONIA441

We have got such tremendously gifted writers on DZK Forum.

This was so well-written, it made me cry imagining Abhay's trauma of hin having to operate on her the last time. He loved D enough to give up on his dream to continue hers 😭

Well-done Mishka ❤️

Thank you! I wanted to show how Abhay's love is sincere and unconditional (not the obsessive way he's being shown in the show 🤔). Giving up your dream to fulfill someone else's is one of the most beautiful sacrifices in love I believe. 

Grao10 thumbnail

I didn’t interpret the fictional piece the way you did. Understanding the writer’s intent is enlightening. In the current phase of the show, Deepika’s dreams are nonexistent, they don’t matter to her at all. A young woman who stood up against her family and broke her engagement for becoming a surgeon is not the Deepika who is being shown now. This is a hypocritical, morally ambiguous woman, unrecognizable from her earlier version. Hence, I wasn’t able to recognize what you meant to bring out - dreams don’t die. 

ShinyMishka thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grao10

I didn’t interpret the fictional piece the way you did. Understanding the writer’s intent is enlightening. In the current phase of the show, Deepika’s dreams are nonexistent, they don’t matter to her at all. A young woman who stood up against her family and broke her engagement for becoming a surgeon is not the Deepika who is being shown now. This is a hypocritical, morally ambiguous woman, unrecognizable from her earlier version. Hence, I wasn’t able to recognize what you meant to bring out - dreams don’t die. 

Yes, unfortunately the show has deviated a lot from the original premise. This was my attempt to bring it back to its roots. To immortalize Deepika in the way that we first met her, not the disappointing character she has become. The Deepika that had dreams is also the Deepika that Abhay loved, so this is how he chooses to remember her. I also wanted Abhay in some way be able to fulfill his love story, not leave it incomplete. 

Ashviniv thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

wow what a beautiful story..i am having tears in my eyes...People who lost their loved ones cant ever move on. they go about their routine as mechanically as possible

i really loved the bond abhay shares with everyone especially Ansari, Ali, PC and Aditi

heart wrenchingly beautiful..well done

sushfiza thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Superbly written. 

subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Heartbreakingly beautiful❤️

Clouds7 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

(Inspired by the first comment)

11:30PM sleeping on my bed with tears in my eyes 

This is the first OS I've read of this series

I was actually thinking to watch this show 

And then I read a few posts about it saying Ema and All 

But THIS is genuinely a Masterpiece!

I cried for the people I don't even know 

Idk who vikrant is who abhay is or Aditi 

What I mean is you wrote so legit beautifullly ! 💗

Thank you !

--Riv🌼

PS. Can someone gimme the storyline and how the show is ? Thanks!

Edited by Clouds7 - 2 years ago
ShinyMishka thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clouds7

(Inspired by the first comment)

11:30PM sleeping on my bed with tears in my eyes 

This is the first OS I've read of this series

I was actually thinking to watch this show 

And then I read a few posts about it saying Ema and All 

But THIS is genuinely a Masterpiece!

I cried for the people I don't even know 

Idk who vikrant is who abhay is or Aditi 

What I mean is you wrote so legit beautifullly ! 💗

Thank you !

--Riv🌼

PS. Can someone gimme the storyline and how the show is ? Thanks!

Wow, thank you so much! It always means a lot when a reader who has no previous connection to the characters appreciates a fanfic. 

DZK was initially about a woman, Dr. Deepika Sinha, who sacrificed everything from her past of ten years ago to be able to pursue her dream of becoming a surgeon. She is woman of strong morals and ethics, for whom saving people is the number one priority, even if it puts her career on the line. Dr. Abhay is a first year resident who is Deepika's junior and she is his boss. Abhay has a dream of becoming the best cardiothoracic surgeon for his mother, who has dementia. He initially had misunderstandings about Deepika, but slowly grew to admire her. They became close and he fell in love with her. However, things start unraveling when Deepika's ex-fiance Vikrant returns in her life and begins working in the same hospital. He claims he's changed from ten years ago, although many of his actions show that he is even more toxic and manipulative than before. He says he still loves Deepika although he's married. She first resists him, but she is still soft towards him. She finds out he is a drug addict and breaks her code of ethics by not reporting him and letting him stay with her in her house to detox. While living together they share moments and Deepika admits she still loves Vikrant. Abhay tries to warn her against Vikrant, but he comes across as obsessive and jealous, so Deepika refuses to listen to him. Abhay later regrets how he behaved, but Deepika refuses to accept his friendship and concern. Now Vikrant's wife Aditi has arrived. Vikrant wants divorce from her, but Aditi is determined not to let her marriage break as she too has made many sacrifices and worked a lot for this marriage. Deepika is conflicted although she still loves Vikrant. 

That's the basic plot so far. A lot of fans are unhappy with Deepika's characterization deviating from being the strong, ethical woman she was first introduced as, to being weak and vulnerable and forgetting her dreams of ten years to chase after a toxic man. All her storylines now revolve around Vikrant and affairs. This fic was an attempt to connect the story back to its roots about the power of dreams and show what unconditional love really is. 

I would definitely say give the show a try. The first 10 or so episodes are super, best I've seen for ITV. 

Edited by ShinyMishka - 2 years ago