Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: DheeJattanDi

The hate for PC in her own country is so typical Indian. Hating on your own and praising the West. She has done extremely well for herself.. and tbf I am from Europe and she is even a well known face here now. The only Indian perhaps, alongside Freida who had her time and has now somewhat vanished so some people only remember her face. 

I think Bollywood actresses overhyping Hollywood and wanting validation from white people is the real problem here.

I don't see how being a well known face in the west (which is mostly because of her marrying Nick Jonas and her PR, not for her performances) is so great? Her roles in Hollywood have been beneath her acting skills. She is not known as some great actress in the west, like she was in India.

Originally posted by: Tede_naina

their own favorite tried and failed in Hollywood so salty toh honge hi

Not everyone can marry some young singer and do roles like the ones PC did in Baywatch and Matrix. 

Originally posted by: Journey95

Not everyone can marry some young singer and do roles like the ones PC did in Baywatch and Matrix. 

but can do roles like pink panther and XXX okay 😆

what's wrong in marrying some one who is young and is a pop singer?

Are u trying to say pc married nick to stay relevant  đŸ˜˛ Hollywood doesn't offer anything to anyone on platter you have to struggle hard for it and she is hustling her way up. White tiger was positively reviewed by people and she had  good role too. Her web coming web series citadel sounds promising too

Originally posted by: Tede_naina

but can do roles like pink panther and XXX okay 😆

what's wrong in marrying some one who is young and is a pop singer?

Are u trying to say pc married nick to stay relevant  đŸ˜˛ Hollywood doesn't offer anything to anyone on platter you have to struggle hard for it and she is hustling her way up. White tiger was positively reviewed by people and she had  good role too. Her web coming web series citadel sounds promising too

Well I never said Aish or DP's roles were good (definitely not worse than PC's though). In fact Aish wasting time in Hollywood was a mistake if you ask me. People need to stop putting Hollywood on a pedestal.

Who knows for sure but marrying Nick Jonas immediately gave her a huge advantage over others like Aish and it helps that there is a huge push for minority representation in Hollywood now which wasn't there before. Well maybe her roles will improve now but her hyped role in the latest Matrix movie was a joke. Her performances so far have been medicore compared to how she delivered in Bollywood imho

The_Best thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

She looks good and hot after a long time. 

Edited by The_Best - 2 years ago
nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Journey95

Her PR is good, I'll give her that but her roles in Hollywood have been a big joke

other than quantico,  she was the lead on a primetime show who did crossover to films 

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

give her credit for grit, kjo was maligning her and trying to boycott her, her dad was sick and died but she worked hard and got herself global fame at such a difficult time.  I know the Jonas brothers are famous but Sophie and priyanka made them more relevant globally I think. which auntie would have known Nick Jonas in india before?

Rangeelaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DheeJattanDi

The hate for PC in her own country is so typical Indian. Hating on your own and praising the West. She has done extremely well for herself.. and tbf I am from Europe and she is even a well known face here now. The only Indian perhaps, alongside Freida who had her time and has now somewhat vanished so some people only remember her face. 

I am in the west and yes people are familiar with her face but that’s not enough to be praised, Tik Tok “celebs” are also recognizable but it’s not like they are supremely talented.

All the labels they are giving PC of “shaking hollywood” “smashing stereotypes” are laughable, of course people are gonna make fun of her.

It’s as ridiculous as Urvashi Rautela self labels of “First Miss Universe/IT/Actress”

Like her PR and Hustle are impressive, she’s a great business woman but cmon if you are gonna over hype yourself to something you’re not people are gonna clown you.

Originally posted by: Rangeelaa

I am in the west and yes people are familiar with her face but that’s not enough to be praised, Tik Tok “celebs” are also recognizable but it’s not like they are supremely talented.

All the labels they are giving PC of “shaking hollywood” “smashing stereotypes” are laughable, of course people are gonna make fun of her.

It’s as ridiculous as Urvashi Rautela self labels of “First Miss Universe/IT/Actress”

Like her PR and Hustle are impressive, she’s a great business woman but cmon if you are gonna over hype yourself to something you’re not people are gonna clown you.

Yeah people know of her in the west but don't take her seriously as an actress (unlike India where she was praised for her performances). She is more like the token Indian who married Nick Jonas.

Her PR is ridiculous and always overhypes her (see her role in the Matrix movie which ended up being a minor character role after all the promotion from her and her PR).

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I’ts a different story if she’s a “well known face” internationally because of her roles/acting/fashion game ….

Like say Dev Patel , 

he’s got Oscar nominated movies in his kitty along with himself being nominated for the academy awards , bafta etc

Now that is making a splash 

Marrying Nick Jonas ain’t an achievement or isn’t “making it” as much as her pr would like to make us believe 

I’ll acknowledge it when she actually does a role that dosent make a joke out of her and gives us a glimpse of how serious she once was, about acting…