Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cotillion thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Has anyone heard of George RR Martin's " A Song Of Ice And Fire" novels?
MrsSobtiGrover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Name:
Genre:
Story Outline:
Why do you recommend it:
Other comment:
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):

^^^^ I can't be asked to fill out all the info of all these boooks :( just search googlee :|
But for all Nicholas Sparks I rate 5/5 :)
Sarah Dessen - 4
Celia Ahern - 4.5
Erich Segal - 3.9
Alyson Noel - 4
Hashim Nadeem - 5/5 :)

WHY: I love LS (love stories) and these are all the books that I have read, that have always inspired me in some kind of way so I though I'd share it with others who might be interestedd :)

Genre: All are based on love/romancee :)

Yeahh all the bestt😉

A walk to remember
The notebook
A bend in the road
At first sight
The guardian
Safe heaven
Dear john
The last song
The lucky one
True believer
Message in a bottle
Nights at rodanthe
The rescue
The wedding
The choice
(All books by Nicholas Sparks! Genre: Love/Romance)

PS. I love you
Where rainbows end
(All books by Celia Ahern! Genre: Love/Romance)

Love Story (Book by Erich Segal! Genre: Love/Romance)

Khuda Aur Mohobhat (English Transalation version! By Hashim Nadeem, Genre: Love/Romancee!)

Evermore
Blue moon
Shadow land
Dark flame
Night star
Everlasting
(They are series by Alyson Noel, Genre: Love/Romance/Supernatural!)

Truth about forever
Along for the ride
(By Sarah Dessen, Genre: Love/Romance/Teen!)

Edited by -shan- - 12 years ago
iTangled_25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Name: The Lucky one

Author: Nicholas Sparks

Genre: Romance, drama

Outline: When U.S. Marine Logan Thibault finds a photograph of a smiling young woman half-buried in the dirt during his third tour of duty in Iraq, his first instinct is to toss it aside. Instead, he brings it back to the base for someone to claim, but when no one does, he finds himself always carrying the photo in his pocket. Soon Thibault experiences a sudden streak of luck—winning poker games and even surviving deadly combat that kills two of his closest buddies. Only his best friend, Victor, seems to have an explanation for his good fortune: the photograph—his lucky charm.
Back home in Colorado, Thibault can't seem to get the photo—and the woman in it—out of his mind. Believing that she somehow holds the key to his destiny, he sets out on a journey across the country to find her, never expecting the strong but vulnerable woman he encounters in Hampton, North Carolina—Elizabeth, a divorced mother with a young son—to be the girl he's been waiting his whole life to meet. Caught off guard by the attraction he feels, Thibault keeps the story of the photo, and his luck, a secret. As he and Elizabeth embark upon a passionate and all-consuming love affair, the secret he is keeping will soon threaten to tear them apart—destroying not only their love, but also their lives.
Filled with tender romance and terrific suspense, The Lucky One is Nicholas Sparks at his best—an unforgettable story about the surprising paths our lives often take and the power of fate to guide us to true and everlasting love.

I recommend it because it's by THE Nicholas Sparks 😎

iTangled_25 thumbnail
Name: Dear John

Outline: An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life–until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. Their mutual attraction quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah waiting for John to finish his tour of duty, and John wanting to settle down with the woman who captured his heart. But 9/11 changes everything. John feels it is his duty to re-enlist. And sadly, the long separation finds Savannah falling in love with someone else. "Dear John," the letter read…and with those two words, a heart was broken and two lives were changed forever. Returning home, John must come to grips with the fact that Savannah, now married, is still his true love–and face the hardest decision of his life.

I recommend it because no one describes emotions and understands them as beautifully as Sparks!
iTangled_25 thumbnail
Name: A bend in the road

Outline:
Miles Ryan, a deputy sheriff in New Bern, North Carolina is trying to get over the tragic death of his wife Missy. After two years they stop investigating the case but Miles won't stop until he finds out who killed his wife. Miles has a son named Jonah and through Jonah he meets Sarah Andrews which is Jonahs teacher. Sarah is someone that came just in time to make Miles believe that he can move on and be happy even though the love of his life is no longer with him. Throughout the book Miles's and Sarah's love for each other gets stronger but there is a secret someone is hiding that can break them apart.

I recommend it because I felt it's a little different from the rest of his books that I've read.
PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey wow! This is awesome! I din't know such a forum even existed! I'm so happy that I have found it 😃
PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Harsha here,
These are my favourite books so far, so if it's already posted😳

Name: P.G Wodehouse
Genre: Comedy
Story Outline: They are a series of about 50 odd books, novels basically.
Why do you recommend it: Anybody who wants a good laugh should read them. The best thing about PG Wodehouse's that, one can read the same book several times 😃
Other comment: A must try!
Rating- 10/5 😉
cbonline thumbnail
I just happen to read this new book by chetan bhagat  Revolution 2020 must say a new amazing book for people who been through engineering 
-Whatever- thumbnail
Name: Jodi Picoult's My Sister's keeper
Story Outline: Kate is two years old when she is diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia. Sara, her mother, would go to any length to save her daughters life, and she learns that there is only one option: creating a genetically modified baby, specifically designed to save her sister-Anna. At age thirteen, Anna decides that she doesn't want to help Kate live anymore. She is suing her parents for the rights to her own body. 
Why do you recommend it: The story is really gripping, sentimental, touching and amazing. The bonding between the two sisters, Anna and Kate, is perfectly portrayed. It is exceptionally well written, and the writer has done a great job to explain each emotion perfectly. I loved the way the emotions of Brain (Kate and Anna's father), Jesse (brother) and Sara is put down into words. Its realistic.. something everyone can relate to. Personally, I loved Jesse and Anna's character. Both are slightly complex character, I think. You're going to miss a really good book, if you don't give this one a try. 
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 4 (You should definitely give it a try.) 
A quote from the book that I love: "You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not."  
Edited by -Whatever- - 12 years ago
ramayanalive thumbnail
Book: The Perfect World

Author:Priya Kumar

To everyone reading this review who have enjoyed reading Priya's books or the people who are interested in fiction with an inspirational message , her latest release is just a few days away. Word has it that this one's her most complex work of writing yet with elements of fantasy, a thriller story as well as inspirational advice all rolled into one bumper story...I honestly can't wait..Check out her facebook page for more details.

The Perfect World releases on 15th in major stores

Edited by ramayanalive - 12 years ago