Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dreamer007 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

He will be gone for real 😧… wizardji I really hope it had worked for them … 

aarti1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dreamer007

He will be gone for real 😧… wizardji I really hope it had worked for them … 

I think ST also shared some pics of GM with heart break emoji.. so I think its real this time. Also no refusal has also come. Last time he had announced the real thing in 24 hours.

Dreamer007 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarti1234

I think ST also shared some pics of GM with heart break emoji.. so I think its real this time. Also no refusal has also come. Last time he had announced the real thing in 24 hours.

bcoz he himself had quoted tht he was leaving so he clarified … 

They have made it public so I think End of Adi … I simply wish something seriously works for them now too …

PPak thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Marybarton

People are getting it all wrong. 

GM let the company know that he wanted to leave because his character was not growing, he expressed boredom as early as March/May last year. Conversations happened in the summer. Soaps were always his pandemic backup option because he was out of work as a movie star. Now he has releases lined up so he wants to leave. He is giving a graceful exit because the company was good to him throughout the pandemic. Soaps are never known for their stories on ITV, unfortunately. GM is now worried about being slotted as a soap star if he stays too long. Financially, it's a risk that he's leaving. There isn't a guarantee that his movies will take off. But that is what actors do. 4Lions needs to be have stronger contracts with their actors. Barun also had just a one-year contract. 

That is why Aryan was brought in and Adithya's character was shown in a bad light. That audience was supposed to attach to Aryan being a better option for Imlie. GM is not leaving because the character went negative here. It was made negative because he was leaving. Now the Tripathis are suddenly keen on Imlie being their daughter so that when Aditya is killed off, they can still be around (so unnecessary). 

Malini will get to be permanent villain behind Imlie because she will have lost Aditya after winning him over. She will never want to see Imlie happy with Aryan. Imlie will later misunderstand Aryan as the one who orchestrated the murder by placing Aditya in danger and come back to Tripathi House like she never had actual parents like her mom/Daddah (way better actors). And the drama will continue. Now it will depend on Fahmy and Sumbul to keep things interesting which they can do because their chemistry is great. But of course, 4 Lions will try to give way more screen time to Malini and the audience will be frustrated at not seeing more romance (this is the 4 Lions way). Then, they will withhold the romance so long that the TRPs will fall, channel will tell the company to wrap it up, and suddenly in a span of a week, they will abruptly get all romantic and end. 

Well written!

This is exactly what I think happened and its unlikely they will kill Adi - he will come back - replaced - hopefully someone like Sharad Kelkar or so ... but whether they can get another couple to have chemistry like adilie to rival now popular arylie is yet to be seen.

I also think GM may have wanted to stay on part time but offered time and control conditions not suitable for PH. Maybe have his cake and eat it too. PH may have decided to plan for damage control by bringing Adi down and bring Aryan up to speed..any PH would do the same. Why would PH try to keep playing up a character when the person playing the role wants to leave - and is a flight risk. 

GM is watching out for his best interests as he should...not the show and PH should watch out for show. The fact that were able to get the trp to 3.1 is commendable and they had to resort to cliche for this. Job well done. they lucked out with Fahmaan.

I personally think GM is taking a big risk. He is a splendid actor - but a whole lot has to come together for a good outcome...script, writers, co actors. etc. But I also get that he wants to explore how much further he can take his acting career beyond soaps. I wish him all the best. But Atif and Muskaan's first responsibility is to the PH and there is no need for fans to bash them or feel GM has been treated badly when he is the one who probably initiated the need for character/script change by needing the PH to accommodate his other commitments etc. The show must always go on.

Edited by PPak - 2 years ago
wizardofoz2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: PPak

Well written!

This is exactly what I think happened and its unlikely they will kill Adi - he will come back - replaced - hopefully someone like Sharad Kelkar or so ... but whether they can get another couple to have chemistry like adilie to rival now popular arylie is yet to be seen.

I also think GM may have wanted to stay on part time but offered time and control conditions not suitable for PH. Maybe have his cake and eat it too. PH may have decided to plan for damage control by bringing Adi down and bring Aryan up to speed..any PH would do the same. Why would PH try to keep playing up a character when the person playing the role wants to leave - and is a flight risk. 

GM is watching out for his best interests as he should...not the show and PH should watch out for show. The fact that were able to get the trp to 3.1 is commendable and they had to resort to cliche for this. Job well done. they lucked out with Fahmaan.

I personally think GM is taking a big risk. He is a splendid actor - but a whole lot has to come together for a good outcome...script, writers, co actors. etc. But I also get that he wants to explore how much further he can take his acting career beyond soaps. I wish him all the best. But Atif and Muskaan's first responsibility is to the PH and there is no need for fans to bash them or feel GM has been treated badly when he is the one who probably initiated the need for character/script change by needing the PH to accommodate his other commitments etc. The show must always go on.

They cannot kill the character adi kyunki at the end of the day he is the main lead for imlie. How do they keep malini ts cs relevant and what story do they have after they kill him off basically nothing. For sumbuls sake i hope whoever is replacing him manages to do decent acting to keep trp above the water😭. She is a phenomental talent and it would be a shock for anyone to see the male lead leave a hit show midway for better opportunities. I dont want her career to suffer😭. They will most certainly take a huge hit to the trp because a huge chunk of the adilie fd said bye yesterday. 

PPak thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: wizardofoz2

They cannot kill the character adi kyunki at the end of the day he is the main lead for imlie. How do they keep malini ts cs relevant and what story do they have after they kill him off basically nothing. For sumbuls sake i hope whoever is replacing him manages to do decent acting to keep trp above the water😭. She is a phenomental talent and it would be a shock for anyone to see the male lead leave a hit show midway for better opportunities. I dont want her career to suffer😭. They will most certainly take a huge hit to the trp because a huge chunk of the adilie fd said bye yesterday. 

SM fans are such a small portion of the trp audience. I will not be surprised if this so called exodus does not even make a dent in the trp. GM was amazing and no one can do how he did AKT. It was a glorious chapter in Imlie show. But the makers still have a lot of story they have intentionally been holding back on...Imlie's professional growth and acclimatization to urban life. That will be a big draw for most people. If they keep the story pace interesting with diff twists and turns they can keep the audience. The story is not cohesive but Imlie audience seems to be mainly made of viewers who seem to like the sustained adrenaline rush and can't seem to escape the addiction. These makers made a brand new couple very successful in a bitter a month...same writer who gave us the organic Adilie. I still have trust that these makers can pull off GM leaving by focussing for a while on a diff element of the story. This show with GM gone is still very interesting to look forward too as they have developed the Arylie equation pretty well. Sumbul has excelled in all her scenes with Aryan - each one is unique and so well done. He is being a good foil for her acting talent with his non-verbal nuances. If they cast new AKT decently and I have seen this crew cast very well - they will survive GM loss quite well.

LoLo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

This feels so deja vu to me.  Gul and her heroes.🤦🏽‍♀️

wizardofoz2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: PPak

SM fans are such a small portion of the trp audience. I will not be surprised if this so called exodus does not even make a dent in the trp. GM was amazing and no one can do how he did AKT. It was a glorious chapter in Imlie show. But the makers still have a lot of story they have intentionally been holding back on...Imlie's professional growth and acclimatization to urban life. That will be a big draw for most people. If they keep the story pace interesting with diff twists and turns they can keep the audience. The story is not cohesive but Imlie audience seems to be mainly made of viewers who seem to like the sustained adrenaline rush and can't seem to escape the addiction. These makers made a brand new couple very successful in a bitter a month...same writer who gave us the organic Adilie. I still have trust that these makers can pull off GM leaving by focussing for a while on a diff element of the story. This show with GM gone is still very interesting to look forward too as they have developed the Arylie equation pretty well. Sumbul has excelled in all her scenes with Aryan - each one is unique and so well done. He is being a good foil for her acting talent with his non-verbal nuances. If they cast new AKT decently and I have seen this crew cast very well - they will survive GM loss quite well.

Hoping for the best. Despite everything i would like the show to do well for the sake of sumbul. She deserves it😊.