A beautiful depiction of India's past glory.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rmahi25 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Honestly,the show has completed merely 30-35 episodes and I am in love with it already.The direction, cinematography, cast, dialogues, background musics, story & actors are great!! I have already got attached to the show and today only I heard the news that show is heading for leap.

Alas,the show's main essence will be ruined nowšŸ˜­. Post leap it will be love traingle and then Kitchen politics. Argghhh I hate dirty TRP politics games.šŸ¤”

Edited by rmahi25 - 2 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: rmahi25

Honestly,the show has completed merely 30-35 episodes and I am in love with it already.The direction, cinematography, cast, dialogues, background musics, story & actors are great!! I have already got attached to the show and today only I heard the news that show is heading for leap.

Alas,the show's main essence will be ruined nowšŸ˜­. Post leap it will be love traingle and then Kitchen politics. Argghhh I hate dirty TRP politics games.šŸ¤”

As you said, it is a well-choreographed high-class historical story. But with unnecessary changes, they always try to ruin their success story.  By exploring new avenues for further success, they have to concentrate on the present scenario. Instead, they want to change the main essence of the storyline. 

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Hi there! 

I am Mandy! Finally glad to see the forum has opened. 

I love the sets and the characterisation in general. I was a viewer of Peshwa Bajirao show on Sony TV. I liked it till the leap happened. But in that show it was mainly white washed. I love how they have kept certain things realistic. Radhabai was no saint and she was politically ambitious. And Shahu and Tarabai dynamics are interesting as well. Shahu isnā€™t shown to be an idealist. He too had vested interests in Baji Kashi wedding. Given how Balaji was not yet a Peshwa when the wedding took place it is natural that Kashiā€™s family wasnā€™t happy about the wedding. I do have one doubt though - every source I came across mentions Shiubai as Kashiā€™s mother and not Bhavani. Infact there is no mention of her father having two wives and here Kashi is Bhavanibaiā€™s daughter. 

I am not sure if I like the child artist playing Baji better than Rudra Soni who played the child artist in PB. But love the efforts he has put in to get into the role. Also itā€™s annoying how they are portraying their bond which is like a typical Hindi show where the lead couple canā€™t stand each other. Back then children didn have much say in their wedding matters. So Kashi and Baji detesting each other is weird. Also everywhere itā€™s mentioned how Kashi was a loving, loyal wife to Baji and was also a good friend. She might not have been happy about his relationship with Mastani but she was never a part of the conspiracies hatched by Radhabai and Chimaji. After Baji died she raised Shamsher like he were her own son. I really hope makers donā€™t screw Kashiā€™s character. In PB on Sony my biggest disappointment was the portrayal of Kashi. She was shown to be shallow who only cared about herself and her title of Peshwanbai and as someone who never understood Baji and how Mastani was his soulmate. True Baji loved Mastani more but Kashiā€™s devotion and love will always supersede that. I loved PCā€™s portrayal of Kashibai in the movie and despite having Ranveer and Deepika playing the titular roles she stole the thunder with a small role and made me fall in love with Kashi. I hope this show can do justice to Kashi and probably stay true to history.

Shake_d_spear thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I m deepika , till now show is good , I hope story sticks to correct facts Bajirao did loved kashibai mastani was not only his true love .

I actually don't want to see over hyped amar prem kahani of Bajirao mastani coz for me it's 2 boring & over glorified

I feel this show will highlight kashibai taking part in administration in bajirao's absence . Kashibai was not interested in politics or power play but did use to look after the things .

In marathi history I have 3 fav ladies jeejabai, saibai & kashibai .

Shake_d_spear thumbnail

Peshwa Bajirao when baji returned he was checking out kashi but after that he was always giving cold shoulder or being rude to kashi even consummation was forced by radhabai , chumma ji or anubai varna baji don't feel anything for kashi , she was lovesick selfobsessed wife, just to show mastani only love of baji they destroyed kashibai . I guess after leap story of PB was copied by some frictional novel hyping amar prem kahani of bajiraomastani.

Frictional writers who r lovers of Bajirao mastani can't tolerate Bajirao did loved kashibai so they painted her as insecure lady but truth is Bajirao never stopped loving kashibai even after mastani's entry also .

Hope this serial dont disappoint us coz kashi is interesting character.

## I m sorry mastani fans if any .

Edited by Shake_d_spear - 2 years ago
Shake_d_spear thumbnail

Leap , who is playing elder baji & kashi ? Any idea ?

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Shake_d_spear

Peshwa Bajirao when baji returned he was checking out kashi but after that he was always giving cold shoulder or being rude to kashi even consummation was forced by radhabai , chumma ji or anubai varna baji don't feel anything for kashi , she was lovesick selfobsessed wife, just to show mastani only love of baji they destroyed kashibai . I guess after leap story of PB was copied by some frictional novel hyping amar prem kahani of bajiraomastani.

Frictional writers who r lovers of Bajirao mastani can't tolerate Bajirao did loved kashibai so they painted her as insecure lady but truth is Bajirao never stopped loving kashibai even after mastani's entry also .

Hope this serial dont disappoint us coz kashi is interesting character.

## I m sorry mastani fans if any .

Fiction should not destroy history. If Kashi was even one bit selfish or insecure she would never have raised Mastaniā€™s son as her own after BM death. Especially when Bajiā€™s family wanted nothing to do with Mastani or her son. Given the show is about Kashi I am certain the makers wonā€™t spoil Kashi.

rmahi25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

As you said, it is a well-choreographed high-class historical story. But with unnecessary changes, they always try to ruin their success story.  By exploring new avenues for further success, they have to concentrate on the present scenario. Instead, they want to change the main essence of the storyline. 

exactly.šŸ’”

rmahi25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

Hi there! 

I am Mandy! Finally glad to see the forum has opened. 

I love the sets and the characterisation in general. I was a viewer of Peshwa Bajirao show on Sony TV. I liked it till the leap happened. But in that show it was mainly white washed. I love how they have kept certain things realistic. Radhabai was no saint and she was politically ambitious. And Shahu and Tarabai dynamics are interesting as well. Shahu isnā€™t shown to be an idealist. He too had vested interests in Baji Kashi wedding. Given how Balaji was not yet a Peshwa when the wedding took place it is natural that Kashiā€™s family wasnā€™t happy about the wedding. I do have one doubt though - every source I came across mentions Shiubai as Kashiā€™s mother and not Bhavani. Infact there is no mention of her father having two wives and here Kashi is Bhavanibaiā€™s daughter. 

I am not sure if I like the child artist playing Baji better than Rudra Soni who played the child artist in PB. But love the efforts he has put in to get into the role. Also itā€™s annoying how they are portraying their bond which is like a typical Hindi show where the lead couple canā€™t stand each other. Back then children didn have much say in their wedding matters. So Kashi and Baji detesting each other is weird. Also everywhere itā€™s mentioned how Kashi was a loving, loyal wife to Baji and was also a good friend. She might not have been happy about his relationship with Mastani but she was never a part of the conspiracies hatched by Radhabai and Chimaji. After Baji died she raised Shamsher like he were her own son. I really hope makers donā€™t screw Kashiā€™s character. In PB on Sony my biggest disappointment was the portrayal of Kashi. She was shown to be shallow who only cared about herself and her title of Peshwanbai and as someone who never understood Baji and how Mastani was his soulmate. True Baji loved Mastani more but Kashiā€™s devotion and love will always supersede that. I loved PCā€™s portrayal of Kashibai in the movie and despite having Ranveer and Deepika playing the titular roles she stole the thunder with a small role and made me fall in love with Kashi. I hope this show can do justice to Kashi and probably stay true to history.

Heyy Mandy. I am Mahi.ā¤ļø 

Good to meet you.

Well I never watched the Peshwa show except in bits but I heard post leap they reversed most of things which infuriated the audiences/fans.

Even I love the sets, performances , bg scores for every character and the characterisation of the characters. I do understand as an older fan of similar show you get attached to old faces but I am happy you're giving new Baji a chancešŸ¤—. 

Well many portals infact wiki has reported Bhavanibai as Kashi's mother but who knows it can be easily manipulated by anyone. Also,it leaves a question if Kashi's father had two wives,i.e, she herself had two mothers then why it was tough for her to accept Baji's other wife!? Weird ehh!? About Kashi-Baji's bickering equation or the enemity shown between them is a complete false creative liberty taken by makers just to show a proper buildup of their bond, they had in childhood. So,later when Mastani comes in triangle love equation between Baji & Kashi it would be even more heart wrenching for viewers to witness it & imagine or connect to Kashi's feelings at the point of time.

Honestly,I feel Baji loved both Kashi & Mastani equally and the stuffs which is shown in serials,movies or novels that Kashi was more of his responsibility because it was a prearranged marriage during his childhood when he had no idea about marriage or wife is pretty dumb. Baji-Mastani love is overrated & over hyped just because that story created more controversy so the respective authors used their imaginations & creativity to pen down their great love story and make it even more greater by painting it how bad the society was .

Even the movie adaption of the saga,PC as Kashibai ruled the movie than DP and RS for mešŸ¤£. 

As the show is more from Kashibai's POV we can see a stronger Kashi with more integrity in her character.ā¤ļø