Ekta Kapoor has ruined the authenticity of the BALH brand

Yashpa54 thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I am new to this forum and sometimes read topics related to this particular show.I don’t want to make any comparisons between BALH1 and BALH2 but surely the latter is a more regressive and inferior version. While the cast and crew is fantastic in this season, it seems they are not being used properly.For example - Rams friends keep missing from 10s of episodes and we get to see vedika consistently. It’s like a torture seeing her on screen. Whereas in previous seasons we saw Vikram -Ram’s friend, always putting some sense into his mind. While Bri and Adi have a similar role but they hardly get any screen time.Also speaking on the ongoing track - what sort of track is this one-how can someone be so dumb to bring his ex into his home for staying along with his wife? No matter how better the equation between the person and his ex is, whatsoever be the reason, this is the dumbest and most illogical thing being shown here.Also I do not have very high hopes from this track because as soon as Priya comes to know about the truth - she will be like “saare mard ek jaise hote hain. Sab dhokebaaz and bla bla bla”. Her character is too pessimistic and is sometimes irritating. This will then go on for months - something like a divorce drama or a separation might be on the cards. The leads in season 1 were shown to be more sensible and had a better understanding within them even when they were not in love. The main theme of this show was supposed to be “shaadi ke baad pyaar hote hote Ho hi jaata hai” . But seems it is moving towards “shaadi ke baad separation hote hote Ho hi jayega”.That’s why younger generations hate Indian television because of such poor quality of writing and use of  similar plots which looked interesting some 20 years ago when Ekta started on tv, look senseless now. Very disappointed with the track 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JustAnEngineer thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

When we only like mahaan has has female leads we should know that we are part of the problem.

wallflowergirl thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Yashpa54

I am new to this forum and sometimes read topics related to this particular show.I don’t want to make any comparisons between BALH1 and BALH2 but surely the latter is a more regressive and inferior version. While the cast and crew is fantastic in this season, it seems they are not being used properly.For example - Rams friends keep missing from 10s of episodes and we get to see vedika consistently. It’s like a torture seeing her on screen. Whereas in previous seasons we saw Vikram -Ram’s friend, always putting some sense into his mind. While Bri and Adi have a similar role but they hardly get any screen time.Also speaking on the ongoing track - what sort of track is this one-how can someone be so dumb to bring his ex into his home for staying along with his wife? No matter how better the equation between the person and his ex is, whatsoever be the reason, this is the dumbest and most illogical thing being shown here.Also I do not have very high hopes from this track because as soon as Priya comes to know about the truth - she will be like “saare mard ek jaise hote hain. Sab dhokebaaz and bla bla bla”. Her character is too pessimistic and is sometimes irritating. This will then go on for months - something like a divorce drama or a separation might be on the cards. The leads in season 1 were shown to be more sensible and had a better understanding within them even when they were not in love. The main theme of this show was supposed to be “shaadi ke baad pyaar hote hote Ho hi jaata hai” . But seems it is moving towards “shaadi ke baad separation hote hote Ho hi jayega”.That’s why younger generations hate Indian television because of such poor quality of writing and use of  similar plots which looked interesting some 20 years ago when Ekta started on tv, look senseless now. Very disappointed with the track 

@bold this is a progressive track for them..I think🤔🤔🤔

They want to show that in rich and classy families being close to ex is a "norm" which cannot be understood by middle class families "soods"🤷

Such non sense they feed the people for trps 👎🏼

JustAnEngineer thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Helping ex is fine! But Vedika should have parents right, kuch bhi is trademark of Indian TV

wallflowergirl thumbnail

Well that's how they make trps by showing kuch bhi..so🤷

qbedoo thumbnail

Priya is dumb and naive but she was logical in the first episodes, but the writers did a bad job keeping her 2d not evovong, not learning from experiences. Maybe she is a typical woman?

Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I don't understand ki duniya ki sari positivity ka theka kya auranton ne le rakha hai? Why cannot be angry and pissed off? Too many f-cking stereotypes about how a woman is "too shrill/dull/pessimistic/ doesn't smile more/ too bossy/too angry". It's so horribly sexist.

If this exact characterisation was played by a man, we would be swooning over "angst-ridden antihero, oh so hot!"

Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RitikaS99

@bold this is a progressive track for them..I think🤔🤔🤔

They want to show that in rich and classy families being close to ex is a "norm" which cannot be understood by middle class families "soods"🤷

Such non sense they feed the people for trps 👎🏼

Are you really saying that one should not rescue a domestic violence victim just because they are an ex?

wallflowergirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bluegrass

Are you really saying that one should not rescue a domestic violence victim just because they are an ex?

No all I meant was that for them having close family like relations with ex is progressive and anyone opposing that view is a caveman/woman. That's it 

YeojaNextDoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I don't think BALH "brand" has been ruined 😆 first of all it wasn't a brand . And this season is actually pretty good compared to what the second seasons of most ITV shows are. 

Priya is amazing. I love her. I get it that many people don't like her and that's fine! She isn't here to impress people by being nice. She is what she is. Chaahe logon ko achha laga ye na lage. 😎

And well this is an ITV show so much logic isn't expected at all. The show is still quite watchable and the leads are fire 🔥 together.. hence we all love it. ❤️