A peep into Kalyani's mind

imtheone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
Kalyani's character is the least understood or more accurately most misunderstood in Vidrohi. She has many shades in her unlike all other characters of Vidrohi. Her character itself is a " journey" ----journey to her self-discovery ;discovery of her womanhood , of the other facets of her character (as her father had told her marriage is not losing yourself but discovering yourself). And the process has begun . Growing up in a household without a woman she never really saw a husband -wife relationship or got a chance to indulge in her femininity or anything girly--be it household work or dressing up. But after seeing Baxi and through her love for him , her feminine self is slowly finding expression . She has started laughing and joking more often , talking to herself all day , dressing herself up FOR HIM and living her life . She was always romantic but did not know she was romantic or much about the bliss of married life , so she never wanted to marry. We have witnessed the 'romantic girl' buried deep within her in the scenes before marriage ----where she learns the Paika fight from Dhaki , in the shawl scene and the horse scenes where she literally stares at Baxi. (I have never seen any heroine stare at the hero so openly like she does, her ''crush-ing " is so relatable).She is passionate in both love and war .The combination of such a romantic heart in the body of a fierce warrior is beautiful and(her passion for love and war are the two facets of her single self ; they co-exist like two sides of the same coin and are not antagonistic---her romantic self is as much her real self as is her warrior self) The intensty of her newly discovered feelings ( and not newly arisen because they arose way before marriage ) are burning her down because like her passion for war , her love is also limitless , uncontrollable. The way her journey to love has been shown is so humane , so real and relatable. The pangs of jealousy she feels on seeing Raxi, the reslessness and insecurity, dilemma over Baxi's love, her talking to herself all day about HIM, her innocence and naivety at her first love ---are all very real.She is good and sympathetic to the extent of being real and not like unreally good , 'ideal' and sacrificing daily soap heroines. Kalyani has already started building the three pillars of marriage ---love , trust (by burning the marriage contract )and submission -----symbolised by the three dots of sindoor Baxi put on her back during the suhagan puja. From her side , it is going to be a selfless , very passionate love although Baxi has long way to go before he loves Kalyani back.Edited by imtheone - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kuttapu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

I agree with you completely. I find the concept of warrior princess very interesting. However I am disappointed with the direction this show is taking. If they were planning to show all this family politics they should have used a fictional character instead of Bauxi. Then they could have taken the show whichever way they wanted.

Secondly, I would have loved Kalyani to take some time to realize her love for Bauxi. The change in her attitude was too fast for me.

I have to confess I never liked the character Radhamani that much, but she was shown to be so perfect till now. In today’s episode she was shown to be so selfish that she even gave her mother the consent to confront Kalyani and was doing nothing even after knowing that Kalyani left home all by herself. She can be insecure and upset with Kalyani, but a person with basic decency will never let another woman walk out like this 🙄

I wish Bauxi finds out the whole of Radha’s mom’s insulting words to Kalyani. 

imtheone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kuttapu

I agree with you completely. I find the concept of warrior princess very interesting. However I am disappointed with the direction this show is taking. If they were planning to show all this family politics they should have used a fictional character instead of Bauxi. Then they could have taken the show whichever way they wanted.

Secondly, I would have loved Kalyani to take some time to realize her love for Bauxi. The change in her attitude was too fast for me.

I have to confess I never liked the character Radhamani that much, but she was shown to be so perfect till now. In today’s episode she was shown to be so selfish that she even gave her mother the consent to confront Kalyani and was doing nothing even after knowing that Kalyani left home all by herself. She can be insecure and upset with Kalyani, but a person with basic decency will never let another woman walk out like this 🙄

I wish Bauxi finds out the whole of Radha’s mom’s insulting words to Kalyani. 

The concept of warrior princess is actually very interesting. The makers are perhaps trying create a stable viewership first by bringing in the personal space in it. For connecting with the characters certain amount of personal life HAS to be shown but (too much )of the love triangle and kitchen politics is unnecessary(for the trps to keep coming those cannot be absolutely avoided ). Since the Vidroh involves both the joint endeavour of both Kalyani and Baxi their relationship both personal and in the rebellion have to be explored. In this way the focus can slowly shift to the rebellion.