Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I haven't watched the movie but I felt the trailer was decent and interesting. Considering the facts that India is a cricket crazy nation and also Gen Z may not be knowing about India's first WC win, I thought the movie will be a hit. I wonder what went wrong with the movie.

Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

I haven't watched the movie but I felt the trailer was decent and interesting. Considering the facts that India is a cricket crazy nation and also Gen Z may not be knowing about India's first WC win, I thought the movie will be a hit. I wonder what went wrong with the movie.

Marketing was very weak imho. Also it wasn't released at the right time, with the whole Covid drama people just seem to watch some dumb masala stuff like Sooryavanshi or Pushpa (pure escapism).

Most people who have actually watched 83 think its great so the movie's quality is not the problem

Edited by Journey95 - 2 years ago
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Originally posted by: Journey95

Marketing was very weak imho. Also it wasn't released at the right time, with the whole Covid drama people just seem to watch some dumb masala stuff like Sooryavanshi or Pushpa (pure escapism).

Most people who have actually watched 83 think its great so the movie's quality is not the problem

I guess they should have released it on Amazon prime or Hotstar instead of theaters. Obviously public would still feel its risky to go to theaters specially during this third wave. Even I myself am scared to watch the movie in a theater near me even though I liked the trailer a lot. 

Edited by Life_Is_Dutiful - 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

I guess they should have released it on Amazon prime or Hotstar instead of theaters. Obviously public would still feel its risky to go to theaters specially during this third wave. Even I myself am scared to watch the movie in a theater near me even though I liked the trailer a lot. 

Yeah that would have been smarter or delay it again. Lots of major movies have been delayed already that were supposed to come out this month. Its no surprise not enough people are watching 83 right now in cinema, Omicron is spreading too much

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

After Dhoni and Chak De, this could have been an All time blockbuster.

Acting was great by all actors, no ott, crisp except for the whole Pakistani part that could have been avoided bit overall a great film. 

The opening day bad numbers indicate that Ranveer and Deepika do not have a mass pull and only limited to metros and just maybe are pr driven stars.

Their last collaboration was more to do with SLB and grandeur movies and Simba had Rohit Shetty angle.

This could have been a film that would have done well based on wom so a little early release date might have helped.

Having said that Spiderman crossed 200 cr, and Pushpa Hindi version without any promotion with a relatively unknown actor made more than 70 crore just in the Hindi belt(he is known by the dubbed movies)

ronshaan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I must say, when at 1st I saw ranvir singh as main lead, i doubted, would it be interesting enough, can he play this character or not, but for my amaze, he was too good, I saw him and felt it was kapil speaking, nice work, I didn't know he can but he has done a great job.

priya185 thumbnail