Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bleue thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: you2

83 will collect more than Sooryavanshi lifetime overseas , in a few days. It is 3 Million + already.

The film could have collected 15 -20 crores more in week 1 and then lost most screens to Jersey and RRR..and  been forgotten in the frenzy. Now the film is making good money slowly and occupying mindspace for a couple or more weeks before going OTT. It couldn't  have been scripted better for long term success.

It was partly the low opening numbers that spooked the upcoming films into moving.

Underdog story👍

Lol it's a flop.  Ranveer doesn't have any stardom else it would have taken a good opening 

Edited by Bleue - 2 years ago
moonv thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

I saw 83

This is definitely one of the best cricket films ever in terms of entertainment and it has the majority of focus on cricket instead of romance. 

Ranveer was amazing as kapil he resembled him so much in looks, dialogue delivery and as a cricketer. I loved watching the match against Zimbabwe where he broke a world record. It was a window smashing, glass shattering and record breaking match. 

They showcased the other cricketers well. It was an inclusive film of the whole cricket team not just focusing on one (though Kapil is the captain). I liked how they showed Indians invested in the world cup and it brought all of India together regardless of religion. The India team share fun, frolic and dreams (dosa scene and Ammy Virk hair scene was particularly funny).
This film’s events not only started the cricket rage in India but inspired young generation to take up a career in cricket (as seen in the trailer Sachin was shown in the film). The Indian crowd’s happiness to see India win in world cup 1983 for the first time is unparalleled and in my opinion this is one of the usps of the film. I have never seen such crowd immersion with the crowd joining players on the field to celebrate.

The real Kapil is shown in the credits and in a few cricket scenes (via pictures) which was nice because I liked hearing anecdotes of how they felt after winning and felt full with their win even though they were hungry. 
pankaj was great as the manager I liked the part where he challenged the journalist making him eat his words
I liked how kapil was inspired by west indies to prove themselves with their game. In the opposition they showed Vivian Richards in good light giving India a tough fight. 

Romi (Deepika) was a silent strength for kapil she is good in the airport scene and scene before the finals. Deepika had few scenes only but from the spouses she was the most prominent. I thought they will show kapil romi love story briefly but they did not.She looked cute in the hairdo. 
I liked the songs lehra do and india jeetega most. The songs create a mood and are well integrated, they are not added for the sake of it.
Overall 4/5, it’s a movie for all, not just cricket fans but regular cinema viewers will enjoy it. 

I have faith in Ranveer Singh as the next stable entertainer. Although I feel the film is badly marketed and there isn't any buzz. There should have been team marketing and great songs which would create enough buzz for such an event based film. This was the true World Cup win when there were toughest opponents unlike 2011 win which felt made up. Sorry I might get bashed for the last words but its the truth.

Opportunity lost for such a film. This could have been another CDI but feel bad efforts got wasted.

priya185 thumbnail

Originally posted by: moonv

I have faith in Ranveer Singh as the next stable entertainer. Although I feel the film is badly marketed and there isn't any buzz. There should have been team marketing and great songs which would create enough buzz for such an event based film. This was the true World Cup win when there were toughest opponents unlike 2011 win which felt made up. Sorry I might get bashed for the last words but its the truth.

Opportunity lost for such a film. This could have been another CDI but feel bad efforts got wasted.

yes I agree they could have promoted it better maybe they were restricted with the marketing due to covid

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: DanceUntilWeDie

So rrr is also postponed.

Good for 83. With positive wom it can do better.

this statement is so wrong, the movies are postponed because of covid

so it's not good for anyone

priya185 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nonam

this statement is so wrong, the movies are postponed because of covid

so it's not good for anyone

it could do good business in areas apart from Delhi 

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: you2

Hgoty overseas?

It is far ahead if sooryavanshi ..

Far ahead of any Indian movie for that matter! It's still running with full houses in my city!