sharmajikaladka thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Directed by   Vishal Furia, 2021 Chhorii  is a remakeof 2017 Marathi horror film Lapachhapi  by the same director. The movie is simply copypaste of the original with not much change in the story-line and screenplay. For anyone who have watched the original the movie looks completely bland, but forthe new viewers this movie showcases something which Hindi audiences have not watched anything like this before?

A young couple who are expecting a baby leaves city to save themselves from goons. They go to a secluded remote village recommended by their driver. The village has some eerie ambiance and lots of secrets are hidden in the village. Soon Nushrratt starts seeing weird things; like children,starts hearing songs, etc. Slowly the deeply hidden secrets of the place unravels one by one to Nushrratt.

But Why to Nushrratt ?

The premise and screenplay of the movie is thrilling and ought to give chills, unfortunately, was it the performance of the Nushrratt or lack of proper background score, editing the movie don’t have same kind of impact like Lapachhapi (Personally to me).

Nushrratt seems miscast for the role. The kind of innocent yet thoughtful look needed for role seems to missing in her may be actress like Vidya or Shraddha would have done it much better. Although the one playing mother in law in the village does the justice to the role.

For any horror movie to work you need to have convincing story line along with haunting scenes in the screenplay. The movie has all of those still seems to be lacking which ‘Lapachhapi’. Its maybe because I had watched the original so couldn’t enjoy the remake as much as the original. But for the new viewer the movie might be interesting.

Just for trying something new, I would rate the movie 3/5 despite not being entertained  with the movie.

This is SharmaJiKaLadka and this is my Review 

Edited by vijay - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Karishma700 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Must watch. One of the rew horror movies I liked. Do not watch alone.
Savera84 thumbnail

I just finished watching this movie.  I actually liked it.  A handful of characters and the lone house in the sugar cane fields really worked well for the genre.  It is worth watching.

Cheers..

Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Harrowing experience. It was painful to watch considering the reality many women have to face for bearing girls. Reality is more horrendous than supernatural. Nusrat did an okay job, it was hit and miss at times  but Mita Vashisht deserves all the accolades for this one. Climax was predictable but well executed.

BaaltiTorDee thumbnail

I loved this movie. It is one of the best horror movies I have seen in Bollywood. Still having nightmares after two nights of watching it. 

magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

I am watching this film right now.

magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Wow, it was a great film!

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Good movie on female infanticide. But the movie is not scary at all.