Sid`s character is not getting utilized

an_k thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Hi all, 

Firstly I am not biased towards any character, I really love to watch Karan, Monami, Faizi, Koel and all but lately i feel there has been a lot of potential in Sid`s character but it has not been utilized properly, considering what fabulous actor Kunal is , he adds such small nuances in his scenes but still the story line does not seems to do justice to him, 

1. Sid leaving Prakaram

This plot had so much potential as in the last meeting Mrs Batra said" You don`t deserve to call me Mummy Ji" 😒

Sid`s last lien was " Leaving Prakaram is equivalent to death "🥺

but nothing he gets stabbed and comes back like anything😈

2. Sid gets stabbed,

Sidg got stabbed just after leaving Prakram he had near death experience😭, he had excessive bleeding but just in merely a day he was back to training doing stunts and rope climbing etc.

3. Monami getting shot:

Sid was already hurt with Sanju`s acquisition, then Karan`s incident occurred and Sid just after Karan`s one good act forgot it all 😲and even when he didn`t bring Monami back was not that angry .....he had a severe punishment from Sanju, then his friend was in hospital after coming back from hospital instead anybody was consoling him, he was cooking food for Sanju? Really 😳 .....

4. Sid Mummy Ji Reunion:

This was the biggest disappointment, it was long awaited although in that small scenes both Sid and Mummy Ji nailed it❤️, even Sanju was good but why such a hurried reunion, he knitted the shawl, mummy ji was angry to the core, Sanju just told Mummy Ji and all was done and dusted, in seconds like how?👎🏼......

I believe this character has an appeal and charm🤗 and it`s potential should be explored in a proper way...instead of just using him like mere part of scenes without much to do.😭.....

This is my point of view, you can share your views too......

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

I told it before - KKK shouldn't have taken this role. There is nothing for him, he's not used and he won't be for some reason. But he needs earning too, and I hope the money is better for this shit. 

How can he get any track when makers have a tendency to ghusofy a few characters in every damn thing 😏😂

Ani_La_Iam thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

I agree with you and to be honest I always felt that tv doesn't do justice to Kunal Karan Kapoor as an artist and I would like him to do webshows and other platforms, which will give him the opportunity to really explore his talent.

Said that, then Sid is a very difficult and challenging character to portray and for now this is just a stop in his journey, which (I believe) will help him. Being 39 he is portraying a very young character that again shows his versatility. 

I feel Karan and Monami's character is being over explored and it getting to a point that it the same circle, because there are not much left. Either Monami is crying, in love or helping someone....but no layers in the character. They kind of ended her and her father's story which could have given her character more depth.

She was shot by Karan but still madly in love. Her character would have depth if they had shown her getting uncomfortable or some anxiety when Karan get upset because he shot her. 

Karan, they had thrown so many track at and not justified even one. Shaleen has a very layered character, but not able to take it to the next level. Sorry Shaleen fans....but that how I feel. I love layered characters, brooding, twisted, self destructive. but not when they seem self centered and showcase themselves as victims. His character is a mess. What he say and stand for is not what he do.

He has PTSD and feeling guilt shooting Monami but this is not something you can swish on and off. These nuances should be shown in his performance as a part of him

I am liking Koel's story, but here again it Karan and Monami, when it should be Faizi and Sid because they took care of Nikhil and have a trust bond with Koel and her son. 

The writers really need to sit down and take a good look at their character and have a silver lining. There should be a main plot that everyone is connected too and not just an academy and trainees. 

Kunal Karan Kapoor's character is the only one that has shown growth on the show, but still kept the child alive. He is reacting even if he is not in focus, adding nuances to his character. When he do have a complete scene, the twitter goes mad talking about his scene and performance, but still their focus are on the typical angry man character, who treat his women with respect and disrespect depended on mood. 

The makers have a great idea, some well layered characters but they are not balancing it all well. Don't know if it is because of TRP, but focusing on MoRan is not giving more TRP....so it not working. 

To be honest. I rather Kunalji not being in an episode then seeing him doing few seconds scene, too make Karan and Monami look good. 

Anyway, I still have hope that they will get back on track and use all the characters right.

SidG🤟 #ZiddiDilMaaneNa (@team_kunalkarankapoor) • Instagram photos and videos

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

I totally agree! I think the whole "Moran" fans screaming for more screentime everywhere is making the writers deviate from the plot/storyline (if they had something solid in mind).

In the academy they have a range of amazing actors and they have so much unexplored talent. The writers should really give each character enough time and space to develop and show the interpersonal relationships. 

Neither Sid nor Faizi are being used to their actual potential, less than 10% actually. 

I love Sha but doesn't have to be in every scene, it's just unnecessary. 

This show has a lot of potential if they stop forcing the "lobb" track and give us more Character growth, more dynamics and some actual training. I would love to see more use of jungle where they're given tactical and practical training, where they help each other, the trainers looking from a distance but this time guiding them instead of just taking a test. 

I guess i'mma stop, it's not worth my time🤔 might as well drop the show. 

Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Ani_La_Iam

I agree with you and to be honest I always felt that tv doesn't do justice to Kunal Karan Kapoor as an artist and I would like him to do webshows and other platforms, which will give him the opportunity to really explore his talent.

Said that, then Sid is a very difficult and challenging character to portray and for now this is just a stop in his journey, which (I believe) will help him. Being 39 he is portraying a very young character that again shows his versatility. 

I feel Karan and Monami's character is being over explored and it getting to a point that it the same circle, because there are not much left. 

fixed it for you 😆

They started the show with so much backstory- like let's talk about sid, where is his mom? Why he's childish? They never showed about his dad, he must have been worried when he almost died. Mrs Batra should get more time. Sid should focus more on training and making friends with others to get over the girl he "loved" who manhandled him 99% of the time , generally rude and unpleasant. I am liking how he's bcm nicer now. He stood up for koel, he cares for M so much I feel like these two are soulmates. These two ka story too we don't know. How they met, how they bcm such bffs, what's the story of gappu, what monus dad think of sid, etc. 

The inconsistencies never stop for character other than one. Sid was cordial to dr Mahajan but apparently he's a monster. Dr Mahajan even when his kid was on death bed wanted to taunt her on her life choices. They never explored a parent's trauma and maybe due to fear he's being extreme. Also where was he wrong to take back monu, she's not safe there with trainers who take out khunnas and nasty, and there is never any punishment for them. Sid- one moment he's enraged at the shooter, other moment he's cheering for him?? Monu don't have any PTSD or fear that this guy she "loved" tried to kill her, screw the intentions, and she's just like how she was before. As if her injuries were meant for someone/thing else to benefit. Faizi to I won't even talk about him, he's just waste of space which is just sad. He was defending and being oh not your fault, excuse me? If one dude can't handle work how about he stop doing it. 

Monu is a doc- in our country riches get to bcm doctor cause it costs crores, it needs above avg IQ and years of hardwork. These doctors to go upsc next. And look at her- only Itv can make doc and army such dumbasses. 😂😏 After a point in show she has stopped existing for herself and started to exist for someone else. This koel track, won't even bother going to that. This was the chance to make koel Faizi and maybe some other characters to bond and yet it's wasted. They made sumanji nasty for no reason. Bala is forgotten I guess so is my fav maa ki poot. 

Now it's just based on one character, his story and emotions and fears and love and xyz. And this is why show as a whole and numbers are suffering. On itv, show can't survive if female lead isn't strong. By the virtue of this one character being pushed to bcm main, Monami is that FL. Kaveri might give her 200% but her character sucks, hence viewers who want to watch won't do. Hence it's numbers are low- like its same as balh2 on sony and that's a high drama show, what does that tell you? What it promised during promo isn't delivered, and Kavs had that interview about numbers so of course they are worried somehow. It's sad- her last show didn't survive long, she and KKK are easily are best of the lot. They deserved so much better. 

Ani_La_Iam thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

agree with you but knowing who is behind the making I still have hope.

serialsliker thumbnail

And also they are only focusing on love stories like they never do training in SAF. They are actually their to do parties not training.