Dimple Kapadia is a fantastic actress!

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

I think she stole the show in Finding Fanny and she was the best part about Angrezi Medium. Recently saw Rudali and she's just mind-blowing in it. I loved her cameo in Tenet as well.

I'm surprised neither of her daughters inherited her acting genes😆

Can someone recommend some more films of hers?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: mintyblue

I think she stole the show in Finding Fanny and she was the best part about Angrezi Medium. Recently saw Rudali and she's just mind-blowing in it. I loved her cameo in Tenet as well.

I'm surprised neither of her daughters inherited her acting genes😆

Can someone recommend some more films of hers?

Kaash (1987) where she divorces her alcoholic has-been-actor husband Jackie Shroff once he gets physically abusive. She even gets engaged to Anupam Kher at one point. One of Mahesh Bhatt's underrated films and must have been quite unconventional at a time when a woman was supposed to stay through hard times and 'support' the loser husband. The film deals with the harrowing theme of dealing with their child's illness and the slow healing of their marriage which happens in the background.

Batwara (1989) where she plays a fierce shepherdess Jinda in rural Rajasthan in a newly independent India. Her saucy flirting with Dharmendra who wants to seduce her is quite bewitching. The same woman turns into a icy harridan when she leads the village women to stoning the same Dharmendra for his friendship with the aristocratic Vinod Khanna. Or when she's terrorized by the hateful policeman played by Amrish Puri.Dimple's character has a million shades. The film deals with the inequalities between the aristocrats and , loyalty to one's own community and the cost of friendship against the background of newly independent India.

Lekin (1991): Gulzar's supernatural romance has her playing a mysterious beauty popping in and out of Vinod Khanna's life, who's out to take the inventory of an abandoned Haveli. Is she a wandering gypsy, ghost or a time traveler? The climax is one of the most surprising that I've ever seen.

Edited by capricornrcks - 2 years ago