Aboli: New Series on Star Pravah

md410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

New show starting November 23 at 10:30 pm titled Aboli on Star Pravah.

Sachit Patil and Gauri Kulkarni as leads.

Seems FL stutter and does not get treated well for being a girl.

Her own mother does not treat her well coz after her her birth her father married again. 
basically what it looks like from promo is, both wives staying together. Her step mom’s brother keep insulting her. Phew.

Here comes ML as a police officer, OFC will like her and be respectful to her. 

You tube comments say: 

Some think it’s a remake of “ ghum hai kisi ke pyaar mein”

Some think it is a remake of “Thapki pyaar ki”

Some feels it’s new concept.

I think Star channel nahi sudhrega. Either will come up with remake or old wine in new bottle.😆

To me it looks like some what from Ekta camp. All setting, dialogue and leads first impression give me so much of Some one from Ekta camp is maker of the show. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NerdyMukta thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Here's the promo

https://twitter.com/StarPravah/status/1459785771347443714?s=20

Edited by NerdyMukta - 2 years ago
Resham thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Sandip Sickand is the producer of the show.. The man who was in good books always of Ekta and close to her... Kahan Hum Kahan Tum and Mehndi Hai Rachnewali is his Hindi products.... The man knows how to ruin good shows for TRP... Have never got over his ruining of YHM... 😡

md410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Resham

Sandip Sickand is the producer of the show.. The man who was in good books always of Ekta and close to her... Kahan Hum Kahan Tum and Mehndi Hai Rachnewali is his Hindi products.... The man knows how to ruin good shows for TRP... Have never got over his ruining of YHM... 😡

🙈 so my guess was right. It has to be from ekta camp. Kiti obvious kartaat yaar. 40-50 episodes nantar vaat laavel. 
only plus point for him is, no TRP pressure like SP so kaahi hi crap dhaakhvle tari show off air naahi honaar.

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

I was watching Mehandī Hai Racanevālī in spite of the male lead's outrageous crimes, the lopsided romance, and the inert villains, not because of them. No matter whose ideas made that show so bad, it was Sandiip Sikcand who went public to make fun of viewers who wanted forgotten plots resolved, to demand TRP before he would change the track, and to insist that it was good storytelling.

After that experience, I am writing something mean about his new show that hasn't even aired yet; please forgive me. When I heard the title Abolī, I was reminded of a verse by G. D. Madgulkar:

Eka dusare phūla tyāne khuḍūna hātī ghetale

Yā phulāce jaḷūna gele bhāva agadī ātale

Karapalī veḍī Abolī, duḥkha deṭhī rāhile

Tyā kuṇī nā pāhile

Tyā kuṇī nā pāhile

Sorry for the negativity, I'm trying to be funny!

meghumonu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Did you watch MHRW from the start?

Originally posted by: meghumonu

Did you watch MHRW from the start?

I decided to try it when I learned that Ashok Phaldesai was joining as Mandar. I watched the Vaṭa-Paurṇimā episode with Raghav patting down Sulochana like a suicide bomber and otherwise running around like crazy while Sulochana, Manasi, and Vijay said random cruel things to Pallavi who just stood there in an eyesore of a red saree. It wasn't entertaining, but I went back and watched every episode from the beginning to get a sense of what the concept was.

meghumonu thumbnail

So did you like the beginning of the show? 

Originally posted by: meghumonu

So did you like the beginning of the show? 

It had some enjoyable moments. I liked Pallavi's interactions with Krishna, Sharada, Vijay, Kirti, Sulochana, Amruta, Manasi, Milind, Jagadish ... The supporting characters used to have their own personalities and one-on-one scenes with each other, with Pallavi, and with Raghav. The later episodes were boring because Raghav would give lectures while the supporting characters just made faces around the room. When the story was about Pallavi being courageous and resourceful, with Raghav grudgingly admiring her and impulsively helping her, it was possible to cheer for them. As soon as it was petulant Raghav and his devoted wife against bitter envious characters, it became unwatchable.

I liked Raghav's alternately kind and unkind nature, although it was difficult to suspend disbelief when he would terrorize Pallavi and she would comfortably banter with him in the next scene. Raghav's violence, shirtlessness, and drinking were ridiculously excessive from the beginning. The writers should have kept Raghav-as-Ramaswami in the story instead of making Raghav a mall developer, a saree design judge, his own luṅgī-clad scene partner, and a man of many disguises. Raghav being a Bharatanatyam dancer was unique, and if they had balanced the show by giving supporting actors more to do, the actor playing Raghav could have rehearsed for more than just one Bharatanatyam scene.

I liked Jaya as written for the original actress, deeply hurt and rejecting Raghav for strong reasons, while Kirti was trying to keep Raghav at arm's length but secretly missed him. It made no sense that a morally strong character like Jaya foisted Raghav upon Pallavi after he smeared her. The story should have been that Raghav keeps trying to prove himself worthy to Jaya, he occasionally slips up and has to try harder, and gradually he progresses until Jaya thinks he can make Pallavi happy as her husband. Too late now; he's being redeemed from adultery by a false accusation of rape, just in time for a forced happy ending.

meghumonu thumbnail

Sab tadke ka kamal!!