Reasons why the show flopped

MastaniBaji thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

1- Lack of visual treat which almost every historical show has provided so far on itv except this show. People were just not interested in this show at all because they sensed from the promos they wont get lavish clothes and big sets to watch on their screens. Come on, they used Chandra Nandini's set for the show. Cheapness ki hadh.

2- Time Slot is the prime reason for its failure. Trps may have been slight better if it was a prime time show or a weekdays show. Still i don't think it would come in top 10 but I guess it could survive a little longer.

3- Caricature of British, gosh how awfully they handled British and their conquest of odisha. There was only Fletcher in the show in name of British and though he was an interesting character they made him such an atrocious villain who is omnipresent, say crass and laughable dialogues to an indian princess and kidnaps and tries to marry her. No one would believe it. British just don't have that type of reputation here. No one would believe a high ranking Brit officer would kidnap an indian princess and try to marry her with full indian rituals.🤣😂 I mean WHAT.🤣😂😂🥱

4- Not properly introducing characters to audience. They rushed so much in initial episodes I was like ok when and what happened. They totally skipped first Paika rebellion under jayee rajguru. Instead they introduced bahu who is possibly bahubalendra. Look even now I am not sure who is he. How would audience understand who is who?  Who is Buxi? Who are paikas? Even who is Mukunddev? Why is he called chalanti vishnu? Guys layman don't know such details of history. So when these type of shows come people expect to know what happened that time.😐 But they didn't care to explain anything instead thought everyone would just check Wikipedia because hey net is cheap now. Gosh how irritating.

5- More focus on Kalyani than Buxi. They are still doing it even when know she's a fictional character. God....how frustrating. This pissed off sharad fans who were watching this nonsense because of him

Edited by MastaniBaji - 2 years ago