Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CuttingChai thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Salman's Bigg Boss is a huge hit. However, it has little to do with him and more to do with the format of the show.

Bigg Boss isnt game show, its reality show but he was a major flop with dus ka dum.

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Salman's Bigg Boss is a huge hit. However, it has little to do with him and more to do with the format of the show.

Bigg Boss this season is also a Flop. 

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Oh he is doing a tv show , poor tv ðŸ˜†

why are you even surprised? 😂😂😂

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8

biggboss this time a big flop.consistently getting trp of 0.9. Big picture 0.7,bigg boss 0.9 - slight diff.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I watched a couple of episodes

It was awful. He seemed so stiff and uncomfortable, and as a result the contestants were never comfortable either. And half the time he was talking as if he is 'Gully boy' - was extremely annoying

The game format in itself was a watered down version of KBC, made complicated for the heck of it 

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

I watched a couple of episodes

It was awful. He seemed so stiff and uncomfortable, and as a result the contestants were never comfortable either. And half the time he was talking as if he is 'Gully boy' - was extremely annoying

The game format in itself was a watered down version of KBC, made complicated for the heck of it 

i knew that his OTT, contrived persona was not suited for ITV lol

atominis thumbnail

Being a TV show host is not everyone's cup of tea.

Amitabh Bachchan is the only one who had mega success on TV. Second one is Salman Khan in Dus ka Dum and Bigg Boss. In 90s Shatrughan Sinha had some success as interviewer in The Shotgun show.

Govinda, Anupam Kher, Neena Gupta, Manisha Koirala, Sunil Shetty, Abhishek, SRK all failed to succeed as TV show hosts. 

Farida Jalal and Kiran Juneja also hosted shows but they were not that effective in dealing with live audience.

One requires different kind of ability to connect with live audience and have a comfort level with live audience. 

It is more about personality of actor than his or her stardom. Madhuri Dixit succeeded as reality show judge for example but did not succeed as host in Kahin na kahin koi hai which was a match making reality show.

Format of show, own personality, social skills with live audience determine success of show. 

As far as Ranveer show is concerned, I hardly knew about it until I saw it while changing channels on TV. It was not promoted well either. Nor do I think Ranveer is anchor material. It also makes no sense to do a quiz type show when KBC is still running on another channel. Why will audience watch similar kind of show?

Originally posted by: atominis

Being a TV show host is not everyone's cup of tea.

Amitabh Bachchan is the only one who had mega success on TV. Second one is Salman Khan in Dus ka Dum and Bigg Boss. In 90s Shatrughan Sinha had some success as interviewer in The Shotgun show.

Govinda, Anupam Kher, Neena Gupta, Manisha Koirala, Sunil Shetty, Abhishek, SRK all failed to succeed as TV show hosts. 

Farida Jalal and Kiran Juneja also hosted shows but they were not that effective in dealing with live audience.

One requires different kind of ability to connect with live audience and have a comfort level with live audience. 

It is more about personality of actor than his or her stardom. Madhuri Dixit succeeded as reality show judge for example but did not succeed as host in Kahin na kahin koi hai which was a match making reality show.

Format of show, own personality, social skills with live audience determine success of show. 

As far as Ranveer show is concerned, I hardly knew about it until I saw it while changing channels on TV. It was not promoted well either. Nor do I think Ranveer is anchor material. It also makes no sense to do a quiz type show when KBC is still running on another channel. Why will audience watch similar kind of show?

hmm right

Ennuyi thumbnail

Expected. He has zero connectivity with the masses