sharmajikaladka thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Starring: Rajkumar Rao, Kriti Sanon, Paresh Rawal, Ratna Pathak

Genre: Dramedy 

Please post all reviews under this thread for this movie. I will be posting my review soon. 

"Maddock" naam hi kaafi hai ... The modern day Rajshri production house whichchurns out small town social issues light hearted movies once again brings the movie in the lines of "Bariely Ki Baarfi", "Dream Girl", etc. 

The story about a guy who wants to hire fake father and mother just to make his to be wife girlfriend happy. 

While the concept seems novel and humorous on the paper, but its execution on the screen, specially the screenplay is a uphill task. Unfortunately, here the makers of the movie falters big time. Despite having such a different premise, the half baked script completely spoils the movie to make it as a mediocre at best. 

With such powerhouse actors from Rajkumar to Ratna Pathak, the director couldn't get  good output from them.

The concept of having fake parents seems too forced, which could have been sorted out easily if the two well educated couple have sat down and talked, which makes this whole movie lame. 

Though touted to be comedy drama, or dramedy as its called these days, the movie barely has not more than a scene or two where you actually smile. Even veterans like Paresh Rawal couldn't bring a smile on your face.  

Its disappointing to see performances by such high caliber actors to be so-so, was it due to poor screenplay or were they actually bored to do the role. Actors like  Aparshakti Khurana as sidekick has been wasted with not much to do expect curse oneself or whine. Kriti was as usual cute lovey dovey. Rajkumar nearly sleepwalked the role, there was nothing to challenge him or nothing we haven't seen him do before. Compared to his role in Bariely Ki Baarfi this one was 'RGV ki Aag'.

Surprisingly the music by Sachin-Jigar was nice, don't know was it original or copied but was soothing to hear. Didn't have to fast-forward. Even choreography of the songs were good.  

Overall, the movie is one time watch at its best. Had the makers added too many twists and turns, then this would have turned into India daily soap, had they added too many gags then it would have turned into no brainer slapstick. This dilemma of maker spoiled the movie. The maker seems to have started the movie with half baked script. Had they invested more time or upon better screenplay writers to fine tune the story then this would have turned out one fine feel good entertainer. 

Unfortunately, the makers misses the bus in this one. 

I would rate 1.5/5 . 

This is SharmaJiKaLadka.... And this is my review........ 

Edited by sharmajikaladka - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYurZ_wlQ0g

Edited by sharmajikaladka - 2 years ago

MY review posted ... 

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

It stars Rajkumar Rao, Kriti Sanon, Ratna Pathak Shah and Paresh Rawal. Any one watched the movie? What are your reviews?

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I was going to watch this ; love Ratna Pathak, but maybe I'll pass.  

Girlabouttown thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Not good

Below average 

Ruhi.007 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Rathna pathak was decent in the movie. Rest of the cast was wasted. Mindless movie. Story is trying to espouse that parents can be your only family with an orphan as the protagonist 🙄. 

Spoilers :

In the climax we have the heroine dump a guy because he wants to live separately from his parents. Her dialogue: Think about what would happen to your parents if you leave them to goto another country. Poor guy replies : kya hoga?🙄. Our hero and heroine ask him and audience to "socho" and they walk away in righteous anger ðŸĪ·â€â™‚ïļ

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

My expectations for this film were high. It is nothing like I'd expected it to be.

BlackWitch thumbnail

I couldn't sit past the first half an hour. Why can't RKR choose consistently good scripts? I only tried to watch for him and it royally sucked.

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackWitch

I couldn't sit past the first half an hour. Why can't RKR choose consistently good scripts? I only tried to watch for him and it royally sucked.

Same pinch ðŸĪŠ