Rewind and Review - Episode 82

mallukumari thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Episode 82 Rewind and Review Discussion Starts here!

Let's relive SAAKK Season 1 together from the beginning, as we manifest a Season 2 together!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mallukumari thumbnail

I don't even know if I can do this episode justice in my review. This episode and the next one are in my top 10 episodes I repeatedly watch. The bridge scene was spoiler free so it added to the surprise of how well it was done. Warning: I will really to reveling in the ShaKhi conversation!

He says sorry but she wants to know why. Anokhi wants specifics. Shaurya stays vague with apologizing for kidnapping and everything and all the wrong words he uttered. 

"I'm really sorry Anokhi"

"Dil se keh rahe?"

"Agar mere dil se baat nahi aati, to main kehte nahi" Shaurya smiles when he says this but her reply wipes that smile away. 

"Iss liye to zaada chubhi, zaroor aapke dil mein mere liye aisi soch hogi na, isliye aapki zubaan pe bhi aagayi" This is the reason for the hurt and the depth of it. It's not just the words but the feeling behind it. The fact that he has such a low opinion of her matters to her. It matters to both of them that the other think well of them. 

He admits he's wrong and did say something wrong, but he tries to blame irritation and blame it on another reason without admitting the reason. She catches on that it's only guilt of losing a student. Does she want him to care that it's not just any student, it's specifically her?

"Kyu kiya.....itna ghussa, itna irritation, kyu?" He has a flashback of her thanking Ahir, but can't get himself to admit it to her that her misunderstanding him hurt him. 

I like the break in the conversation and the throwing of the rock. The ripples on the water seemed symbolic. 

She gets irritated by his muteness and doesn't want his sorry. That sets him off. He wants to know why she cares, why she's leaving SIAC because of him, knowing how khadoos he is. She compliments him on the exceptional teacher and board member he is, but he wants to be seen as a person by her. 

"Insaan bhi bhura nahi hoon main Anokhi. Bas kabhi impression galat ho jata hai....main kissi ladki ko iss tarah chodke jaunga? Dango mein? Helplessly?" The misunderstanding from the riots really compounded all his jealousy. 

When she affirms the misunderstanding, he really goes off wanting to know how she's so sure. She wasn't conscious, so how can she be so sure? As he traces back everything that happened, the truth dawns on her. I still don't understand why his presence at the hospital wasn't a tip-off that he's been present at the hospital the whole time. 

I love the use of Jo Tera Howega as she realizes that he saved her. "Koyi galat ilzaam lagta hai, kitna hurt hota hai, yeh tum achi tarah jaanti ho" This reminds me of his birthday party when he talked about comparing pain. He is comparing his pain of being misunderstood to her pain of being maligned by him. Is that a fair comparison?

"Chaar baatein mein buri kar deti ho, to aath baar mujhe suna bhi deti ho tum, do achi baatein karta hoon, uska kya? Ek baar to mention karo...ya na karo...tumhari marzi hai. Lekin mujhe guilt mat lekar jao ke maine kisi ki career barbaad kardi, kisike sapne karaab kardiye...isse mere honesty ka inaam ya galti ke sazaa samjho....please wapas chalo Chandigarh....jitna tum SIAC ko deserve karti ho, utna SIAC tumhe deserve karte hai because I know how brilliant you are.....Kisi ke liye bhi kuch mat karo, na mere liye, na SIAC ke liye, na kisi aur ke liye, agar karna hai na, to khudke liye kuch karo, apne sapno ke liye, itna to tum kari sakti ho na"

This monologue contained everything in Shaurya's heart. He wants to be seen as the flawed human being he is. He gets to hear the complaints for his wrong actions, but he also wants to hear the compliments for his right ones. He hates the idea that he hurt Anokhi so badly that she would leave him behind. He also acknowledges all that she's fought to get to where she is. This was his first pep talk to her. He stated her worth in his eyes and asked her to only fight for herself. He's not into sacrifices and being mahaan. He wants her to fight for what she wants. He's hoping that one of things she wants is him as well. 

Mila jo tu yahaan mujhe, Dilaaun main yaqeen tujhe

Rahoon hoke tera sadaa, Bas itna chaahta hoon main

Thodi jagah de de mujhe, Tere paas kahin reh jaaun main

Khamoshiyaan teri sunu, Aur door kahin na jaaun main

Anokhi looks at him as we hear "khamoshiyaan teri sunu". She has to read between the his words and understand the silence. 

When she gets up and leaves, he seems resigned to the fact that he lost her and his dialogue makes me think of his and Aastha's relationship as well. "To wohi karogi tum...jo tumhe karna hai....jo hamesha karti aayi  ho....to main kaun ho tumhe rukhne wala....wahi jaane na tumhe....kapurthala waapis" It felt eerily like him trying to stop his mother who left him and didn't give him any importance in her decision to leave. But when Anokhi actually listens to him, the shock on his face is precious. He is so giddy with happiness when he thanks her for staying and Jo Tera Howega plays. 

The next hurdle is where she will stay in Chandigarh and Shaurya is full of suggestions. She can't stay at Babli's or a hotel or Shaan's flat. So the only place left in a city like Chandigarh is Sabherwal House???

"Never ever"

"Never say never.....kuch aisa ho ki tumhe wahi rehna pade"

"Uss din to main sadak mein rehna pasand karogi"

Plenty of foreshadowing in the scene. Anokhi did go to SH and chose to go there instead of the flat after marriage! It's so cute how he ushers her into the car and on the road before she can change her mind about going back to Chandigarh. 

We got some 'patch up ke baad ki silence" and awkwardness. He's worried about 'cease fire khatam, world war shuru'. And how appropriate that the radio stations know what songs to play!

Sajde mein yun hi jhukta hoon, Tum pe hi aake rukta hoon
Kya yeh sab ko hota hai
Hum ko kya lena hai sab se, Tum se hi sab baatein ab se

Jaanam dekh lo mitt gayi dooriyan, Main yahaan hoon, Yahaan hoon, yahaan hoon, yahaan
Kaisi sarhadein, kaisi majbooriyan

Side notes:

~ Ahir dialogues are consistent. He mentioned 'raasta' and 'manzil' for the first time. Too bad Anokhi's path and destination leads her to Shaurya only! Also his chai and dushmani. He really takes it personally that Shaurya won't drink chai. This is why ShauHir continues to sail. I laugh so hard that Ahir went from ACP to watchman to driver to coolie in a matter of a day!

~ I wanted the Shastha story. I wanted to know how a note started their story. We deserved this!!

~ Devi planning a celebration and it going kaput gives me as much sukoon as it amuses Kanchan that Shaurya is lying to his Badi Ma. 

This got really long and the next one will probably be as long. I love a ShaKhilicious episode!

mallukumari thumbnail

Originally posted by: mallukumari

I don't even know if I can do this episode justice in my review. This episode and the next one are in my top 10 episodes I repeatedly watch. The bridge scene was spoiler free so it added to the surprise of how well it was done. Warning: I will really to reveling in the ShaKhi conversation!

He says sorry but she wants to know why. Anokhi wants specifics. Shaurya stays vague with apologizing for kidnapping and everything and all the wrong words he uttered. 

"Dil se keh rahe?"

"Agar mere dil se baat nahi aati, to main kehte nahi" Shaurya smiles when he says this but her reply wipes that smile away. 

"Iss liye to zaada chubhi, zaroor aapke dil mein mere liye aisi soch hogi na, isliye aapki zubaan pe bhi aagayi" This is the reason for the hurt and the depth of it. It's not just the words but the feeling behind it. The fact that he has such a low opinion of her matters to her. It matters to both of them that the other think well of them. 

He admits he's wrong and did say something wrong, but he tries to blame irritation and blame it on another reason without admitting the reason. She catches on that it's only guilt of losing a student. Does she want him to care that it's not just any student, it's specifically her?

"Kyu kiya.....itna ghussa, itna irritation, kyu?" He has a flashback of her thanking Ahir, but can't get himself to admit it to her that her misunderstanding him hurt him. 

I like the break in the conversation and the throwing of the rock. The ripples on the water seemed symbolic. 

She gets irritated by his muteness and doesn't want his sorry. That sets him off. He wants to know why she cares, why she's leaving SIAC because of him, knowing how khadoos he is. She compliments him on the exceptional teacher and board member he is, but he wants to be seen as a person by her. 

"Insaan bhi bhura nahi hoon main Anokhi. Bas kabhi impression galat ho jata hai....main kissi ladki ko iss tarah chodke jaunga? Dango mein? Helplessly?" The misunderstanding from the riots really compounded all his jealousy. 

When she affirms the misunderstanding, he really goes off wanting to know how she's so sure. She wasn't conscious, so how can she be so sure? As he traces back everything that happened, the truth dawns on her. I still don't understand why his presence at the hospital wasn't a tip-off that he's been present at the hospital the whole time. 

I love the use of Jo Tera Howega as she realizes that he saved her. "Koyi galat ilzaam lagta hai, kitna hurt hota hai, yeh tum achi tarah jaanti ho" This reminds me of his birthday party when he talked about comparing pain. He is comparing his pain of being misunderstood to her pain of being maligned by him. Is that a fair comparison?

"Chaar baatein mein buri kar deti ho, to aath baar mujhe suna bhi deti ho tum, do achi baatein karta hoon, uska kya? Ek baar to mention karo...ya na karo...tumhari marzi hai. Lekin mujhe guilt mat lekar jao ke maine kisi ki career barbaad kardi, kisike sapne karaab kardiye...isse mere honesty ka inaam ya galti ke sazaa samjho....please wapas chalo Chandigarh....jitna tum SIAC ko deserve karti ho, utna SIAC tumhe deserve karte hai because I know how brilliant you are.....Kisi ke liye bhi kuch mat karo, na mere liye, na SIAC ke liye, na kisi aur ke liye, agar karna hai na, to khudke liye kuch karo, apne sapno ke liye, itna to tum kari sakti ho na"

This monologue contained everything in Shaurya's heart. He wants to be seen as the flawed human being he is. He gets to hear the complaints for his wrong actions, but he also wants to hear the compliments for his right ones. He hates the idea that he hurt Anokhi so badly that she would leave him behind. He also acknowledges all that she's fought to get to where she is. This was his first pep talk to her. He stated her worth in his eyes and asked her to only fight for herself. He's not into sacrifices and being mahaan. He wants her to fight for what she wants. He's hoping that one of things she wants is him as well. 

Anokhi looks at him as we hear "khamoshiyaan teri sunu". She has to read between the his words and understand the silence. 

When she gets up and leaves, he seems resigned to the fact that he lost her and his dialogue makes me think of his and Aastha's relationship as well. "To wohi karogi tum...jo tumhe karna hai....jo hamesha karti aayi  ho....to main kaun ho tumhe rukhne wala....wahi jaane na tumhe....kapurthala waapis" It felt eerily like him trying to stop his mother who left him and didn't give him any importance in her decision to leave. But when Anokhi actually listens to him, the shock on his face is precious. He is so giddy with happiness when he thanks her for staying and Jo Tera Howega plays. 

The next hurdle is where she will stay in Chandigarh and Shaurya is full of suggestions. She can't stay at Babli's or a hotel or Shaan's flat. So the only place left in a city like Chandigarh is Sabherwal House???

"Never ever"

Plenty of foreshadowing in the scene. Anokhi did go to SH and chose to go there instead of the flat after marriage! It's so cute how he ushers her into the car and on the road before she can change her mind about going back to Chandigarh. 

We got some 'patch up ke baad ki silence" and awkwardness. He's worried about 'cease fire khatam, world war shuru'. And how appropriate that the radio stations know what songs to play!

Kya yeh sab ko hota hai

Jaanam dekh lo mitt gayi dooriyan, Main yahaan hoon, Yahaan hoon, yahaan hoon, yahaan

Side notes:

~ Ahir dialogues are consistent. He mentioned 'raasta' and 'manzil' for the first time. Too bad Anokhi's path and destination leads her to Shaurya only! Also his chai and dushmani. He really takes it personally that Shaurya won't drink chai. This is why ShauHir continues to sail. I laugh so hard that Ahir went from ACP to watchman to driver to coolie in a matter of a day!

~ I wanted the Shastha story. I wanted to know how a note started their story. We deserved this!!

~ Devi planning a celebration and it going kaput gives me as much sukoon as it amuses Kanchan that Shaurya is lying to his Badi Ma. 

This got really long and the next one will probably be as long. I love a ShaKhilicious episode!

forgot the tags!

kiranpri thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

What a lovely review. I am not going to write a separate one but will fill in my thoughts here itself while commenting on yours.

I don't even know if I can do this episode justice in my review. This episode and the next one are in my top 10 episodes I repeatedly watch. 

I have rewatched this and the next episode minimum more than 20 times.šŸ˜ƒ

The bridge scene was spoiler free so it added to the surprise of how well it was done. Warning: I will really to reveling in the ShaKhi conversation!

He says sorry but she wants to know why. Anokhi wants specifics.

Anokhi I feel knows full well why he is here, but wants to hear the words clearly so that her heart gets the balm it needs.

Shaurya stays vague with apologizing for kidnapping and everything and all the wrong words he uttered. 

"Dil se keh rahe?"

Now why would a student ask her lecturer a question related to his heart. She has a sift spot fir him in her heart and wish for the same. She dies not realise it is love yet as she is new to this man-woman relationship as boyfriend-girlfriend.

"Iss liye to zaada chubhi,

This is the first hint to Shaurya that her heart is involved. She does not realise herself she has given Shaurya a role other than that of being her Professor. Shaurya is very agreeably surprised by this and definitely is encouraged by it.

zaroor aapke dil mein mere liye aisi soch hogi na, isliye aapki zubaan pe bhi aagayi" This is the reason for the hurt and the depth of it. It's not just the words but the feeling behind it. The fact that he has such a low opinion of her matters to her.

Any girl would be interested but if that girl does not care for that person, his words would not be worth losing any sleep, whilst Anokhi here is leaving the college she toiled to join. Obviously her heart is involved.

It matters to both of them that the other think well of them. 

Both of them wants the other to understand him/her and both are very stubborn and demanding in that the person they like should trust the other. Both are very confused.

He admits he's wrong and did say something wrong, but he tries to blame irritation and blame it on another reason without admitting the reason.

For Shaurya those words whilst directed towards her were not meant for her. They were a means for him to vent out his anger because she could not recognise the goodness in him.

She catches on that it's only guilt of losing a student. Does she want him to care that it's not just any student, it's specifically her?

Anokhi wants his attention, she wants him to appreciate her.

Shaurya's expression šŸ˜Š I am in awe.

"Insaan bhi bhura nahi hoon main Anokhi. 

This is not the first time he has asked her to recognise him for who he is.

Bas kabhi impression galat ho jata hai....main kissi ladki ko iss tarah chodke jaunga? Dango mein? Helplessly?" The misunderstanding from the riots really compounded all his jealousy. 

I love the use of Jo Tera Howega as she realizes that he saved her.

I appreciate the voice of the male singer a lot. It brings a soothing kind of atmosphere between the two.

"Koyi galat ilzaam lagta hai, kitna hurt hota hai, yeh tum achi tarah jaanti ho" This reminds me of his birthday party when he talked about comparing pain. He is comparing his pain of being misunderstood to her pain of being maligned by him. Is that a fair comparison?

"Chaar baatein mein buri kar deti ho, to aath baar mujhe suna bhi deti ho tum, do achi baatein karta hoon, uska kya? Ek baar to mention karo...ya na karo...tumhari marzi hai. Lekin mujhe guilt mat lekar jao ke maine kisi ki career barbaad kardi, kisike sapne karaab kardiye.

.isse mere honesty ka inaam ya galti ke sazaa samjho....

I loved this dialogue...

please wapas chalo Chandigarh....jitna tum SIAC ko deserve karti ho, utna SIAC tumhe deserve karte hai because I know how brilliant you are.....Kisi ke liye bhi kuch mat karo, na mere liye, na SIAC ke liye, na kisi aur ke liye, agar karna hai na, to khudke liye kuch karo, apne sapno ke liye, itna to tum kari sakti ho na"

No sign of the male chauvinist of the beginning episodes...

This monologue contained everything in Shaurya's heart. He wants to be seen as the flawed human being he is. He gets to hear the complaints for his wrong actions, but he also wants to hear the compliments for his right ones. He hates the idea that he hurt Anokhi so badly that she would leave him behind. 

This is the key point here.

He also acknowledges all that she's fought to get to where she is. This was his first pep talk to her. He stated her worth in his eyes and asked her to only fight for herself. He's not into sacrifices and being mahaan. He wants her to fight for what she wants. He's hoping that one of things she wants is him as well. 

The lyrics, ā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļø

When she gets up and leaves, he seems resigned to the fact that he lost her and his dialogue makes me think of his and Aastha's relationship as well. "To wohi karogi tum...jo tumhe karna hai....jo hamesha karti aayi  ho....to main kaun ho tumhe rukhne wala....wahi jaane na tumhe....kapurthala waapis" It felt eerily like him trying to stop his mother who left him and didn't give him any importance in her decision to leave. 

I also felt he was resigned to the fact that someone he cared for was ready to leave him.

But when Anokhi actually listens to him, the shock on his face is precious. He is so giddy with happiness when he thanks her for staying and Jo Tera Howega plays. 

Jo tera Howega is more Shaurya tha Anokhi for me...

"Never ever"

Plenty of foreshadowing in the scene.

Reminds me when she told him about missing her for his birthday...

Anokhi did go to SH and chose to go there instead of the flat after marriage! It's so cute how he ushers her into the car and on the road before she can change her mind about going back to Chandigarh. 

Yes the awkwardness on Shauryas part was palpable and the song did not make it simply 

Kya yeh sab ko hota hai

Matching the occasion to a T.

Side notes:

saakkabc thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

She was impatient and moved away as he hesitated to reveal the reason for the sorry and it worked!! Effortlessly the reason flowed out and that was enough for AB to retreat her steps. A mere sorry wasnā€™t what she wanted, she wanted a heartfelt one. 

Dil se keh rahe hain?  

Agar mere dil se nahin aathi tho main kabhi nahin kehta

Isiliye tho zyada Chubiā€¦ 

Anokhi nahin rukhne wali.., now that he has said sorry she wants to know why he apologisedā€¦ is it out of guilt that because of him a studentā€™s career would be ruined? She didnā€™t want a sorry just because of that reason. She wanted a genuine one where he acknowledges that it is not right to utter those words for whatever reason. He is hurt because she gave credit to Ahir? And being close to Ahir? How could he reveal about his feelings which he himself is unaware of? Definitely she is Anokhi trying to dig into deeper depths of his heart where he has the reason safely packed away from everyone. Itna irritation kyun? My life can carry on without your sorry sirā€¦

Tho kyun choda collegeā€¦ when his sorry doesnā€™t matter then why should she leave college? Was his doubt. Anokhi is hurt because he took it completely to a personal level and degraded her to hurt her. She never expected this!! His desperation to make her see the innate goodness in himā€¦ sometimes you get the wrong impressionā€¦. Finally he had to reveal the truth of him saving herā€¦ there was no choice left for himā€¦ and Anokhiā€™s heart melted awayā€¦ aap mujhe hospital leke gaye? As if she was only waiting to hear that more than the sorry.. she was so disappointed when she thought he left her in the riots. Why does she care so much that he didnā€™t care for her? And Ssā€¦ is this the only reason that you are angry at Anokhi? Is Anokhi giving credit to Ahir the only reason? No definitely not. But he couldnā€™t reveal any more.  

He acknowledges the fact that she has gone though many trials and tribulations to get into this institute and wouldnā€™t want her effort to go wasted. 

Do not do anything for anyoneā€¦ jo karna hain khud ke liye Karo apne Sapnon ke liye Karo..the whole wait with each of them trying to read the others mind with the very meaningful song going on in the background gave a very good feel to the whole scene.

It wasnā€™t only Ssā€™s face that brightened up when he heard Anokhi going back to Chandigarh but Anokhiā€™s too. She actually was very sad to leave after all the effort she put in. So itā€™s a huge relief for both and for her Astha mam too. The way Astha was mentioning Shaurya couple of times in the conversationā€¦ what would have Ss thought? Right now his whole concentration is onAB but if not what must have been his thoughts? 

Arey yeh Ss kya sochtha hain? Does he think everyone is rich enough to afford staying in a hotel? And kya haq jathaa raha tha.., you can stay at Sabherwals. Does he think everyone would welcome her just because he wants to? Of course till now May be but not once Anokhi is  involved. Is he scared that she might have a change of mind? So impatient to get her into the car. Even Astha and Acp got thinking. And all of a sudden how come Acp thought that her staying in Chandigarh for case is important?

Ss.. What a clever way of hiding the truth? He didnā€™t lie to his BM but didnā€™t reveal the truth at the same time. Kahan ho? Chandigarh waapas aa raha hoon..šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ which is true but not the answer to her question. 

And the silence was awkward and shown so perfectlyā€¦ he was trying to overcome it so badly but made it worse with the choice of songs

rumi_dee thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Loved the review Anju!  Love the episode! Although I remember being still not too happy with SS yet, however sincere and honest his apology was šŸ˜. To me, his apology was more of a - btw it was Me who saved you from riots and hence my jealousy and your ignorance cancel each other out šŸ˜…šŸ˜›.

Lol..the girls here were like- ā€œPetition to Throw Anokhi off of the bridgeā€ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ , so Shaurya can jump in to save her( plus the fact that they get to see ahem wet and drenched SS, Darcy style šŸ˜†).such fun! 

Still the bridge and the next episode of night drive were sooo good! The dialogues and SS foreshadowing what was bound to happen by saying ā€œNever say neverā€ are all now iconic memeworthy SHAKHI moments . The Protein bar innuendo never gets old šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤ŖšŸ˜‚  Episodes like these make me wish we werenā€™t victims of the TRP system šŸ„²

black.snowflake thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

"Dil se keh rahe?"

I think this was the most beautiful conversation they have ever had. The honesty that flowed here, just touches your heart. Shaurya committed a blunder because he was jealous but never realised how much he mattered to her. Anokhi lookes up to him. His words matter. He matters to her. These two people dont even understand this.

I dont think she understands it herself but i believe it matters to her that it it specfically HER as a person more than a student.

But what would he even tell her? While she gets his temper high, she also gets his heart racing? I dont think he wanted to say out loud what he knew in his heart.

He hates that Ahir gets to be a person to her but he just is a professor and that while he is silently screaming for her to 'know' him as a man.

All that was held inside just bursts out so well. I LOVED IT! That he tells her in not so many words, how much he cared. That he would never let hergo.

Honestly, not a fair comparision. His pain stemmed from a misunderstanding he created or maybe i am being too harsh here.

No words, the entire scene was too beautiful!

Shaurya would rather give up than realise that people gave up on him. Self preservation maybe?

"Never ever"

ā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļø

Kya yeh sab ko hota hai

I LOVED how awkward he was and how clueless she was. It was hilarious!

Side notes:

~ Ahir dialogues are consistent. He mentioned 'raasta' and 'manzil' for the first time. Too bad Anokhi's path and destination leads her to Shaurya only! Also his chai and dushmani. He really takes it personally that Shaurya won't drink chai. This is why ShauHir continues to sail. I laugh so hard that Ahir went from ACP to watchman to driver to coolie in a matter of a day! But always someone with so much goodness

~ Devi planning a celebration and it going kaput gives me as much sukoon as it amuses Kanchan that Shaurya is lying to his Badi Ma. The party has just started here! :P