Opening week TRP: 0.7

flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Not good for any historical show to have such low TRP. It’s also not doing justice to Ssharad’s amazing acting. He alone is whom the show relies on to carry the story ahead, which isn’t good for its future. The others- Kalyani, Radhamani etc still have a lot to do to catch up… Also the editing department either should start doing a better job or be replaced by somebody with better skills. 

Also, they are dragging the episodes, which also isn’t helping it at all. In terms of certain tracks, which could have been dragged, aren’t being dragged, and others are being stretched. For instance- the step brother being jealous track.. it shouldn’t have started so soon.. without any reason, for just one instance of charity-Gadhadhar wanted his share and sobered down as soon as the mother assured him of her love. I would have liked to see Fletcher use Gadhadhar against BJ, and seen how he reacted to his own step brother’s betrayal.. the makers lost a potentially good track there.. 

Another silly thing that’s being shown is only BJ hating the British and willing to fight against them, while others especially Kalyani and Gajapati Maharaj tamely surrendering their pride and honour to Fletcher. Now of course, the makers want BJ to be the one to inspire everybody to take up arms and fight against the British, but please… can the others at least show some anger, disgust whenever Fletcher appears before them?! 😳 

Instead we have to see Kalyani’s stupid immaturity and stubbornness for no apparent reason in refusing the offer from BJ to fight the British together.. Radhamani’s incessant fasts/sacrifices to aid her husband in his endeavours, which was frankly skippable. 

Hopefully the makers pull up their socks and are rewarded by Trp increase. 

Edit 2: Nice to see the Paikas taking advantage of the loopholes in Fletcher’s announcement. That is the only tactics they can show currently in their rebellion against the British. 

Edited by flutterby - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MastaniBaji thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: flutterby

Not good for any historical show to have such low TRP. It’s also not doing justice to Ssharad’s amazing acting. He alone is whom the show relies on to carry the story ahead, which isn’t good for its future. The others- Kalyani, Radhamani etc still have a lot to do to catch up… Also the editing department either should start doing a better job or be replaced by somebody with better skills. 

Also, they are dragging the episodes, which also isn’t helping it at all. In terms of certain tracks, which could have been dragged, aren’t being dragged, and others are being stretched. For instance- the step brother being jealous track.. it shouldn’t have started so soon.. without any reason, for just one instance of charity-Gadhadhar wanted his share and sobered down as soon as the mother assured him of her love. I would have liked to see Fletcher use Gadhadhar against BJ, and seen how he reacted to his own step brother’s betrayal.. the makers lost a potentially good track there.. 

Another silly thing that’s being shown is only BJ hating the British and willing to fight against them, while others especially Kalyani and Gajapati Maharaj tamely surrendering their pride and honour to Fletcher. Now of course, the makers want BJ to be the one to inspire everybody to take up arms and fight against the British, but please… can the others at least show some anger, disgust whenever Fletcher appears before them?! 😳 

Instead we have to see Kalyani’s stupid immaturity and stubbornness for no apparent reason in refusing the offer from BJ to fight the British together.. Radhamani’s incessant fasts/sacrifices to aid her husband in his endeavours, which was frankly skippable. 

Hopefully the makers pull up their socks and are rewarded by Trp increase. 

Edit 2: Nice to see the Paikas taking advantage of the loopholes in Fletcher’s announcement. That is the only tactics they can show currently in their rebellion against the British. 

The show shouldn't become a saas bahu drama which I think will now become one.😟 I wonder for how long Fletcher's character will stay in the show. In one play on YouTube it was shown Fletcher was the one who captured Buxi and killed him but felt deep remorse and honoured his body by saluting him and then said he was killed by a tiger to save his honour. I don't see apna Fletcher being merciful at all. So I don't know how they wanna take the show forward.

flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MastaniBaji

The show shouldn't become a saas bahu drama which I think will now become one.😟 I wonder for how long Fletcher's character will stay in the show. In one play on YouTube it was shown Fletcher was the one who captured Buxi and killed him but felt deep remorse and honoured his body by saluting him and then said he was killed by a tiger to save his honour. I don't see apna Fletcher being merciful at all. So I don't know how they wanna take the show forward.

If the trp doesn’t improve, they will be forced to resort to tracks that are getting high trp like saas bahu, and love triangle and infidelity. Fletcher’s character too, depends on the trp. If the trp rises, Fletcher will be shown true to his character… if not, it will be compromised. 

Buxi is captured and killed, obviously. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have been a freedom fighter, hero for Orissa. But by whom and how is he captured, is what the makers have to show. But all is heavily dependent on trps sadly. That’s why I am not too attached, and am kind of happy that there is nothing shown in this serial so far to get attached to. 

lovereading14 thumbnail
Most Liked (July 2022) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

The TRP is not because of the stroy line. It is painful to watch the show. The acting is average at best with literally Sharad carrying the show. The bg effects are well laughable to say the least. The acting of other cast members is so bad and while I see some chemistry between the leads many people see none. 

The only reason I give this show a chance... after every episode that too... is because of the story. If they go one to even destroy that... the show will wrap up on the next two months. 

flutterby thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovereading14

The TRP is not because of the stroy line. It is painful to watch the show. The acting is average at best with literally Sharad carrying the show. The bg effects are well laughable to say the least. The acting of other cast members is so bad and while I see some chemistry between the leads many people see none. 

The only reason I give this show a chance... after every episode that too... is because of the story. If they go one to even destroy that... the show will wrap up on the next two months. 

Even the 2nd week episodes, they haven’t shown anything great, memorable. They have reduced the great freedom struggle to a temper tantrum between Fletcher and BJ. The story has been modified to just showcase BJ’s anger, hatred towards the British, rest are either dumbed down, compromised and even accepting the British rule. Most irritating is Kalyani has more anger/irritation towards BJ than Fletcher/British. And by Monday’s precap- her anger will be towards Fletcher just because he had her father killed. This, we have seen in every serial.. 👎🏼 I wish they had shown something more compelling.. more cold blooded by Fletcher that turns Kalyani into a hardcore hater. 

MastaniBaji thumbnail

Even the 2nd week episodes, they haven’t shown anything great, memorable. They have reduced the great freedom struggle to a temper tantrum between Fletcher and BJ. The story has been modified to just showcase BJ’s anger, hatred towards the British, rest are either dumbed down, compromised and even accepting the British rule. Most irritating is Kalyani has more anger/irritation towards BJ than Fletcher/British. And by Monday’s precap- her anger will be towards Fletcher just because he had her father killed. This, we have seen in every serial.. 👎🏼 I wish they had shown something more compelling.. more cold blooded by Fletcher that turns Kalyani into a hardcore hater. 

I doubt she will hate Fletcher more than she does now, instead will somehow blame JB because he died saving him, just like sai and virat's story. I don't understand why her character is finding reasons to not like JB and trying to somehow not see Fletcher's evilness. Everyone is dumbed down to make JB as the one who only wants rebellion, even East India Company does not look like a villain, it's Fletcher's personal prejudices which is making whole company look bad. I mean WHAT? Whole show is becoming saas bahu drama.😂🤣

MastaniBaji thumbnail

This show won't run for long , trps are too low for this show to survive on star plus.😐 Show isn't good anyway. 😒 Makers will surely resort to same cliche saas bahu nonsense to survive.😤

Edited by MastaniBaji - 2 years ago
flutterby thumbnail

Oh.. I forgot. The trp ratings were declared today and it has reduced by 0.1. Not good.. not good. 😳 🤔 

Thanks MastaniBaji for reminding me. Am feeling sorry for Ssharad. Poor fellow. Not supported by anything.. nor the editing, nor the story. 

MastaniBaji thumbnail

Oh.. I forgot. The trp ratings were declared today and it has reduced by 0.1. Not good.. not good. 😳 🤔 

Thanks MastaniBaji for reminding me. Am feeling sorry for Ssharad. Poor fellow. Not supported by anything.. nor the editing, nor the story. 

Timeslot and poor execution of the story is responsible for this failure of the show. The story from episode 1 itself was so confusing. Not everyone know about paika rebellion, they should have explained how Brits came to Odisha, how they made treaty with gajpati maharaj and deceived him by not following the terms and instead they hanged rajguru for genuine revolt against brits. The only reason they didn't kill Mukunddev because of his position as chalanti vishnu and they needed him for social acceptance of British rule. People won't understand why Buxi is rebelling, why? Just because rulers are Brits now and Fletch wants to marry Kalyani. Atleast show the proper reasons. Show Brits cunning policies and their thirst for money and oppressing people but they are busy in Kalyani and Fletcher's drama and the audience also know the conclusion of this track so they are least interested. If it wasn't history then people would be excited if Fletcher will marry Kalyani or she will marry Buxi. So why show something which cannot ignite emotions and curiosity among audience. Radhamani is such a devoted wife no one so far actually wants Buxi to romance Kalyani. It's just so weird. Their scenes only produce more cringe than any other triangle on air. The actors don't have that sparkling chemistry which just makes this whole Kaxi fated to be married extremely annoying for audience.

Edited by MastaniBaji - 2 years ago
flutterby thumbnail

In addition, don’t know why but the same precap of Fletcher’s proposal to Kalyani is shown for almost 3 episodes… looks like the makers themselves don’t know how to promote the show.. something like BJ relinquishing his Senapati post should have been shown as the precap one day, the other day, the romantic scene between Gadhadhar and his servant should have been shown.. don’t know why the makers are keen to glorify Fletcher’s proposal to Kalyani so much. It’s destroying the interest in the track, as it’s been shown before.. that Kalyani was upset with Fletcher’s marriage proposal.. this track should have moved ahead by now.  

The makers unfortunately haven’t shown historical events as depicted in the books, and have glorified some fictional khichadi. This is never a good sign. Wonder how long this show has left..  seeing as that Mehendi show is shutting down in Nov already.