Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SK2014 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: SamirM

May be HR considering hit songs in his channel one after another and engagement as judge in SRGMP, not sure thougj ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜›

By the way I asked about contestants. Do you think HR will participate in II in future to get more recognition so you gave him future contestant title???🤣

SK2014 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Moonandstars

I think, the only thing we have not copied from west is that we have not stopped having songs in our movies. Otherwise we like almost everything western - even mixing a lot of western music in our music. So, in west - artists have been featuring in their music videos for ages - not just as singers but very often in story form (even romantic) also. And in 90s non Bollywood music  had become very popular, and we still remember those songs, many singers were featured in their videos - even in romantic ones - like Made in India song.

Agree. Let's see how things turn in future. I hope if they really want to change music scenario I feel music directors should think about different themes not just romantic theme. Hope for the best.

SK2014 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

Sayli and Shirisha have posted stories about Manzoor Dil, by reposting PD's story and tagging PD, Ashish and Arunita in that order.

Wow! Good. Nihal didn't post is it? Surprising. SMP anyway won't post as usual. Danish we have to see??

Digitallove thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

There are very little opportunities today in traditional playback scene with most movies having very short albums so independent music is good for these singers. Specially Female singers.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: SK2014

I think my opinion will be minority for Octopus type stuff. I prefer singers giving voice and let actors do acting until and unless they want to get into acting field. For fans may be its working but I am really feeling awkward to see Arunitha and Pawandeep as romantic couple in those Octopus videos. But as I said iam not a fan so my opinion won't really have any value. As long as their fans are happy that's the best route for now. Small numbers of old school thoughts like me won't really matter anyway.

Eventhough playback is not giving money I still prefer it over private albums because they have longevity. 50years back movie songs also we are hearing now but I don't think same is true for HR type songs. Do we really remember them after 10 years? Honestly no. But I saw even below average movie songs having long life just because of actors in that song or movie theme. 

It's just my view. Happy for Arudeep or any other singer if they find this better rewarding for their future. The singers themselves are best judges of their true potential and will have knowledge of industry than normal audience like me anyway. 

U r right about longevity of BW songs but that's from bygone Era. 50 yrs back BW was different..I wasn't born then but those r the songs that first come to mind while playing antakshri or creating a Playlist..mukhda, Antara sab yaad hai. 90s Era songs r the last one that I remember. Even Himesh songs from that time and early 2000s.

Recent music doesn't have long shelf life. There r few gems in between but not many.

Things may change for the better but current situation of bollywood is not very encouraging. Not only money, even after singing u don't even know if your voice will be used in the final product or someone else will take over. 

Artists have to mould themselves as per situation. Persistence is the key

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

I think you need a few memorable songs that are hits to survive as an established singer.

There is a school of thought that suggests such hits come easier with a hit movie.

The Kakkars and Badshah's will differ.

But you need a hit or two to earn from shows. Shows are the main income source for all singers.

You cannot get good solo shows without them.

Jubin Nautiyal is performing solo in UK for the 1st time in his life after his recent film song hits.

Edited by Realityshow - 2 years ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

I think, the only thing we have not copied from west is that we have not stopped having songs in our movies. Otherwise we like almost everything western - even mixing a lot of western music in our music. So, in west - artists have been featuring in their music videos for ages - not just as singers but very often in story form (even romantic) also. And in 90s non Bollywood music  had become very popular, and we still remember those songs, many singers were featured in their videos - even in romantic ones - like Made in India song.

Pari hoon main..by Sunita

Deewana..Sonu nigam

Tanha dil..Shaan

O Sanam.. lucky ali

Janam samjha karo..Asha bhonsle(she had a role though there were other actors)

Palash sen in euphoria videos

Pankaj udhas, Shubha mudgal, Jagjit singh featured in their videos briefly with other actors

Piyaazzz thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

This future is not far away , I have seen BW music change from the last 2 decades n from having 8-10 songs in the movie it has come to 3-4 (1 or 2 of them aren't even in the movie , just appear on the ending credits ) so who knows maybe next decade will have no songs , n film makers n public taste is moving from the cliche stories to more realistic ones n even more towards art films , n those don't require much songs though , 

IMO music video are the best options rn coz BW doesn't have the earlier appeal n public is more intrested in ott nor anyone's producing a good film (fiction) so BW isn't a safe option anymore, now add tons of nepotism , filmy mafias n politics you got ur ans. 

Today's world revolves around FACE VALUE n how can u influence people around you , n if that wouldn't be the case then the established singers won't do this they be chilling out n waiting for a film , +thanks to today's remix trend even your original song maybe picked up by a director for a film , so you got both, built ur face value n also acquired a movie! Cheers u got a double hit ðŸ˜‰

Edited by Piyaazzz - 2 years ago
Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Which Idol is having the best time?

Answer in the clip attached! 

https://www.instagram.com/stories/saylikamble_music/2687681883531794696/

🥳😃