Ranbir Kapoor vs Raj Kapoor. Bigger superstar? - Page 6

Poll

Ranbir Kapoor vs Raj Kapoor. Bigger superstar?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Okay...so someone got too irked to block me but still had too much ego to not give a reply.🤣

I never said Ranbir is a Superstar. Never tried to put Raj Kapoor down either. Par kuchh logon ko kuch zyada hi khujli hui because they just couldn't understand a joke! Even after trying to clear it up, they just couldn't stop taking offense on behalf of Raj Kapoor.

Calm down! Raj Kapoor won't come out of his grave to reward you. 

It's not just today's media. Rajesh Khanna was called the first Superstar in his prime itself. And he is the only Bollywood actor to give 17 consecutive successful films ever. Even you know that's the truth.

But anyway, in case you missed, read this post, especially the bold. 

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

Yeah, the term Superstar was first used in Bollywood for Rajesh Khanna. It was synonymous to him like King Khan is for SRK or Megastar for Salman. 

Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor, Ashok Kumar etc. were never called Superstars in their prime. Though we can say that their stardom was not less and now looking back, we can call them Superstars as well. 

I think the hero worshipping culture started with Rajesh Khanna, when fans started doing crazy stuff like writing letters with blood or marrying his photograph, which was partly the reason he's tagged as the first Superstar. 

But in case those people who have mentality of kindergarten kids still couldn't understand properly, I'll write it again CLEARLY:

Yes! Raj Kapoor was a Superstar. 

Yes! He was a bigger star than what Ranbir is today.

Now I hope some people would be able to sleep peacefully.

RoNoSarKar7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

I'm sorry I can't write such long essays like you. So I will just ask two questions.

Wasn't Rajesh Khanna the FIRST actor to get "Superstar" title from media?

Isn't Rajesh Khanna the only actor ever in Bollywood to give 17 consecutive successful films in whatever years?

If not, then PROVE IT, or STFU!

There is absolutely no doubt that Rajesh Khanna was a phenomenon, a huge superstar during his heydeys, no question about it. The box office superstardom he saw during his peak is mind boggling. But I don't think that the criterion of being a superstar is delivering exactly 15 or 16 or 17 consecutive hits. In that case, noone could have been a superstar.

I tell u how Kaka got labelled as the first superstar. Its like " Showman " Raj Kapoor or " Dreamgirl " Hema Malini titles. Bollywood PRO ( public relations officer ) K. Razdan used the term for Kaka during the making of Haathi Mere Saathi in 1971, after his popularity reached dizzying heights after the success of Aradhana.

Also, gossip writer Devyani Chaubal, who used to write film columns in Star & Style magazine, used the term in her articles about Kaka.

Publicity agent Tarak Nath Gandhi had said in an interview that in press releases, they used to write 'Superstar' before Rajesh Khanna - " Superstar Rajesh Khanna ". But the journalists used to complain and questioned them. So, they flattered the journalists by explaining them, talking to them nicely and calmly, by taking them out to dinner and giving them presents. In this way, they established the title "Superstar" and if you keep repeating something, it sticks.

So, He was being promoted and publicised that way. Over a period of time that name got tagged to Kaka. The documentary " Bombay Superstar " on Him had further consolidated the title. I think , rather than saying that Kaka was the first superstar of Bollywood, it would be much more appropriate to say that He was the first actor in Bollywood to be mention as " Superstar " , because if we look in retrospect, he was not the actual first superstar in Bollywood. There were Superstars before him.

Edited by RoNoSarKar7 - 2 years ago
Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Why do we even have such a topic ?

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Only on IF BW section such poll can take place ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: atominis

Nobody is questioning Rajesh Khanna had not given consecutive hits. 

It is you who is changing terms now and diverting from topic when you tried to prove Raj Kapoor had less hits or was not a superstar.

And do NOT change terms of superstardom by using current standards of the word to call Ranbir a  superstar but shift to Rajesh Khanna era criteria to claim Raj Kapoor was not one.

Anyway I do not expect you to read much so doesn't matter. 

Not interested in stretching it further when agenda is clear. 

Good luck proving Raj Kapoor had no stardom and was no superstar and that Ranbir is bigger star than Raj Kapoor. Sweet dreams. Whatever that floats your boat. 

shant gadha hari bheem, it wss just a word play joke😆