Ranbir Kapoor vs Raj Kapoor. Bigger superstar? - Page 3

Poll

Ranbir Kapoor vs Raj Kapoor. Bigger superstar?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: atominis

The term superstar is misused now. Rajesh Khanna was first to earn it because till date he is the only star to have given 15 back to back hits without a single flop in between. 

Nowadays anyone with even 2 hits is called superstar. So by today's logic Raj Kapoor is deffo a superstar. And if you use Rajesh Khanna criteria then there is NO superstar now because no actor gave 15 consecutive super hits within just 5 years after him. 

Do not change criteria of superstardom just to degrade past legends and hype modern  media made PR icons. 

Girl you need to chill! 

My original post was a joke. I don't believe Ranbir is bigger than Raj. And no actor has ever given 17 consecutive successful films apart from Rajesh Khanna. It's not just current set of actors. 

Nobody is degrading anyone. Y'all are taking OP's question too seriously which was obviously asked for the purpose of getting Ranbir bashed. 

Edited by AwaamKiJaan - 2 years ago
TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

based on the information and interviews raj kapoor was very much like aamir of todays. ranbir aint a supersta. hes a star a pretty big one but not a superstar like srk or aamir. 

ranbir has the stardom like anil kapoors during his heydays i believe.

floydd thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

U got to be high when u make polls.like this  🤷

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: floydd

U got to be high when u make polls.like this  🤷

I want what their smoking 

floydd thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Next poll : will Aardhya bacchan surpass Jaya bacchan 

RoNoSarKar7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

Rajesh Khanna was the first actor to be tagged as a Superstar. So technically anyone before him including Raj Kapoor wasn't a Superstar.😆

For Ranbir it is debatable but Raj wasn't a Superstar for sure.😆

I have to say that the work of media is not at all providing proper information but manipulating people's minds with wrong facts, which should exactly be the opposite. Rajesh Khanna was a super duper star, a phenomenon, a sensation, a rage, a craze at his peak. But telling that he is the first superstar is exaggerated. As far as my knowledge goes, it is K.L. Saigal who was the first superstar. Since, then there have been many superstars like Ashok Kumar, Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand and Rajendra Kumar. Today's generation has very very little knowlege about the history of Hindi Cinema and this is how media manipulates 👎🏼.

RoNoSarKar7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

If you wanna say something to me, say it directly. 

I feel you have a habit of making personal attacks on anyone whose views don't match with you. Have seen many like you on this forum.

What I meant was the term "Superstar" was first coined for Rajesh Khanna. He was called the first Superstar. So technically Raj Kapoor can't be a Superstar because he came before Khanna. 

And it was all a joke, so take a chill pill!

Do you mean to say that people did not know the term "Superstar" before 1969-70 ???

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Its disgrace to Raj kapoor to be comapred to Ranbir

At 24 years raj kapoor directed barsaat movie and at 26 awara 

These are finest movies of hindi movie till now 

Ranbir is not 5% of his granpa talent 

I mean imagine at 22 Raj kapoor directed movie aag at 24 barsaat at 31 shree 420 and awara at 27 and you compare him to ranbir who keeps same expression similar roles in all movies 

Raj kapoor can only be compared to guru dutt or bimal roy none else in indian cinema 

Edited by myviewprem - 2 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: RoNoSarKar7

Do you mean to say that people did not know the term "Superstar" before 1969-70 ???

Yeah, the term Superstar was first used in Bollywood for Rajesh Khanna. It was synonymous to him like King Khan is for SRK or Megastar for Salman. 

Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor, Ashok Kumar etc. were never called Superstars in their prime. Though we can say that their stardom was not less and now looking back, we can call them Superstars as well. 

I think the hero worshipping culture started with Rajesh Khanna, when fans started doing crazy stuff like writing letters with blood or marrying his photograph, which was partly the reason he's tagged as the first Superstar.