Producer, Show and The Viewers

AvantikaP thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I just read the article  "Go and produce your own show", and it didn't go well with me. There are some viewers who keep requesting fans to keep watching to support the show,to increase the TRP, even the cast talk and positively promote the show and the producer is giving attitude. 

While I believe that the audience should give the writers some to execute the track properly, I felt the producers remarks bit too arrogant.I always believe that as soon as someone is ready to become a public figure, whether it be a politician, actor, director, writer, or whoever, you must learn to digest criticism as you will not get praise constantly.  There will be critics very where, thousands of people will be ready to express their opinions.  

Someone needs to manage his frustration better.

On the other hand, the viewers and fans need to control their trolling. Its so easy to tag people and pass rude comments, we need to realize we are attacking real people and not fictional characters like Raghav and Pallavi. 

Edited by AvantikaP - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Joyness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Agree  to all that you have written.  The producer is too arrogant.  Unhealthy.  In fact he himself has stopped promoting his own show. Even the 200 episode celebration he did not wish...but ruining your own show for your ego is so narcissistic...he has hurt everyone fans, actors and if show goes off air then his crew too.

I hope fans ignore him and continue giving at least same trps...for Saishi...

AvantikaP thumbnail

Originally posted by: Joyness

Agree  to all that you have written.  The producer is too arrogant.  Unhealthy.  In fact he himself has stopped promoting his own show. Even the 200 episode celebration he did not wish...but ruining your own show for your ego is so narcissistic...he has hurt everyone fans, actors and if show goes off air then his crew too.

I hope fans ignore him and continue giving at least same trps...for Saishi...

I am supporting this show for the cast and crew, in the end when a show goes off these are people who suffer the most, waiting auditioning for the next role/show must be so tiring. I don't know how the cast and crew give their best with the TRP pressure and uncertainty around a shows continuity.

We should not be too harsh about the comments we make unless its a matter of life and death. For a fictitious show and fictitious story, some viewers are venting way too much negativity.

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

Of course he should tell the story that he wants to tell, but I don't think the story told so far deserves praise. Does it even deserve comprehension?

You have a male lead who dabbles in everything from an old age home to a saree design competition to planning a mall, but only for a couple of episodes each. He gets into street fights and has a so-called "show-biz lifestyle" of marriage proposals on social media, but also runs a nationwide business whenever he's not getting drunk during shirtless workouts. Fortunately, his computer-illiterate father-in-law who cursed him handles everything from sales to tax deductions. The female lead does nothing but respond to the male lead's harassment, emotional abuse, murder attempts, illegal business, alcohol abuse, jealousy and adultery. Any other characters only stand around the room, making faces while the male lead talks at length.

Everyone does not deserve the privilege of telling a story to millions of people. This man's suggestion that if we give him viewership, he'll give us a good story, is backwards. We are consumers - if we don't like his show, we'll look for another, so the time for him to start telling a coherent, well-paced long-term story was eight months ago. Go and tell your story to someone who has patience for you.

...EhSaas... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

When he will crib about big boss I will chipkao same dialogue on his face 

Go produce your own big boss 😆

When he will produce new show and promote it 

I will chipkao this line 

Thanks for teaching us how and when to use remote 😌☺️

Edited by ...EhSaas... - 2 years ago
Ruhi.007 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I really do not like sikcand and I would not have watched the show had I known he was the producer. But now that I am hooked and planning to watch till the end 😒

Regarding his statements, the fans sometimes do go overboard. I have seen comments on twitter where they are joking about kidnapping his dog. They were just joking but makes you think even if one fan goes crazy what they would end up doing to themselves or others. There are thousands of fans of the show. 99.999% could be sane and sensible but it just takes that one person to go crazy and make a mess. 

A fan account I was follower of recently put a banner that she/he cannot put more edits as they have quarterly exams. Quarterly exams!! I knew fans active on sm are a younger lot. But did not really comprehend how young they could be. 

If we really think, sikcand is being harsh to these fans who have things to worry like quarterly exams 🤕. They are young they have lots of things to bother about than a tv show. They may get angry for some time but they will have half yearly exams soon enough😜. 

Sikcand has not said anything new that other producers like gul, ekta haven't already said before. People will forget soon enough. Their shows are running and they are still in business so will he. 

IAMHope thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I enjoyed reading your description of the show. 😂 I know all this and yet, here I am hooked to the show. 

I recall another Producer (Char Sher) also stooping down to respond to fans with harsh and kiddish comments exactly like this. When the show begins they get a lot of kudos and they bask in the glory but most of them cannot sustain the story, as it evolves the plot and storyline suffers and with this elusive TRP pressure the story is just sub par. 

When the audience is unhappy and lets them know, these guys can’t take it and resort to comments like “ if you don’t like it, change the channel” , it’s “my” story I’ll tell it the way I want. 

I realize that some fans take it to another level with their comments. But being in the business they are in, they’ve got to learn how not to lose their cool no matter what and respond to fans respectfully, no matter what. 

This is why I respect Shivangi for maintaining a respectful SM distance in good and bad times - she is an intelligent actor. 

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Of course he should tell the story that he wants to tell, but I don't think the story told so far deserves praise. Does it even deserve comprehension?

You have a male lead who dabbles in everything from an old age home to a saree design competition to planning a mall, but only for a couple of episodes each. He gets into street fights and has a so-called "show-biz lifestyle" of marriage proposals on social media, but also runs a nationwide business whenever he's not getting drunk during shirtless workouts. Fortunately, his computer-illiterate father-in-law who cursed him handles everything from sales to tax deductions. The female lead does nothing but respond to the male lead's harassment, emotional abuse, murder attempts, illegal business, alcohol abuse, jealousy and adultery. Any other characters only stand around the room, making faces while the male lead talks at length.

Everyone does not deserve the privilege of telling a story to millions of people. This man's suggestion that if we give him viewership, he'll give us a good story, is backwards. We are consumers - if we don't like his show, we'll look for another, so the time for him to start telling a coherent, well-paced long-term story was eight months ago. Go and tell your story to someone who has patience for you.

Merly thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Agree it was wrong from his side but he was mad getting blasted with negative messages received from the fans .

So sandiip was only talking to them not us who supporting  the show , do  not take it personality

In the end  , 

Let anyone say anything we here only for raghvi/ saishi 😉

AvantikaP thumbnail

Please someone offer Sandiip a nice sauna and massage treat. He badly needs one !!!! 

Going to end my day by saying, Sandiip and other producers who come out and lash at viewers need a crash course on social media communications and public relations. More importantly they need to engage a public relation consultant

...EhSaas... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: AvantikaP

Please someone offer Sandiip a nice sauna and massage treat. He badly needs one !!!! 

Going to end my day by saying, Sandiip and other producers who come out and lash at viewers need a crash course on social media communications and public relations. More importantly they need to engage a public relation consultant

Vipasana is best treatment 

Not only for them but all