Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kiara Advani doesn't like the word ‘doppelganger’

Vidhusri_Beauty thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Kiara Advani doesn't like the word ‘doppelganger’ for her lookalike Aishwarya: 'She’s a doctor in real life'

Kiara Advani has spoken about her lookalike, a dentist named Aishwarya whose Instagram Reels went viral recently.

Kiara Advani has spoken about her lookalike, dentist Aishwarya Singh, whose recreated looks from the actor's movies have been going viral on social media. Kiara, while flattered, does not like the word ‘doppelganger’ being used for Aishwarya.

Speaking to a leading daily, Kiara said that she left a comment on Aishwarya's post when she saw the video. “So Aishwarya, I had actually seen her recreate a Dimple (Dimple Cheema, Kiara’s character from Shershaah) look and put it up on Instagram. And I think I was tagged in it, which is why I went and saw the post and even commented on it. She did a really great job with the way she recreated the look. And then this morning, like everyone else I got the forward,” she said. 

“But you know I don’t really like the word doppelganger. I know what she’s doing is flattering, but what’s interesting to me is that she’s a doctor in real life. She’s her own personality and it’s very sweet that she likes to recreate my looks. I’ve been told in the past that I look like someone and that’s great, but at the end of the day, you have to be the person who you really are,” she added.

Speaking to Hindustan Times, Aishwarya said about her resemblance to Kiara, “It feels wonderful when people start recognising you from a viral video, when people appreciate your looks, especially when you are compared with such a beauty,” she shares, admitting that she’s “thrilled” with the response. “Many mistook me to be Kiara! They called me ‘true copy’, ‘doppelganger’, ‘ditto’ and even asked me to recreate more looks. My joy knew no bounds when Kiara commented on the video,” the 26-year-old gushes.

She added, "Meeting Kiara would be a dream come true! She is an amazing actor and a diva. Who wouldn’t wish to meet her in person!”

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

But looks are the point here. Personality has nothing to do with it. Looks like she got defensive

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TrollikaDevi

But looks are the point here. Personality has nothing to do with it. Looks like she got defensive

People use the term more loosely but a doppleganger (double walker) isn't just about looks - it's about being an exact copy of a person.

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Talis

People use the term more loosely but a doppleganger (double walker) isn't just about looks - it's about being an exact copy of a person.

That's beside the point here . Nobody said the other lady is an actress too 😆.  The word was used in the context of looks and it looked like she was reacting to that comparison .  Unless she's trying to say "I don't like the literal meaning of the word doppelganger", which she wasn't .   Maybe she found the whole thing irritating . I would too. 

She's very pretty anyway

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Id personally love if there were 2 Kiara Advani's 😆

Edited by Maroonporsche - 2 years ago
Just_Say_Cheese thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 5

Someone post the pic/ video pls.. Hopefully, it's not like Katrina's one, creepy!

Edited by Ajeeb-ladki - 2 years ago
bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ajeeb-ladki

Someone post the pic/ video pls..

I've volunteered myself as Vidhusri_Beauty's unpaid/unwanted assistant by posting the images her posts mention 😆

Here it is!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CTW_zxXBBUP/

Edited by bollyqueen0 - 2 years ago
altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ajeeb-ladki

Someone post the pic/ video pls.. Hopefully, it's not like Katrina's one, creepy!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CTW_zxXBBUP/?utm_medium=copy_link

Just_Say_Cheese thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

I've volunteered myself as Vidhusri_Beauty's unpaid/unwanted assistant by posting the images her posts mention 😆

Here it is!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CTW_zxXBBUP/

😂Thanks❤️ 

Wowww dittooo😆

(Ps:When will reel be available in our place, ughhh! So irritating that can see video but can't hear any sound )

But, thank god not creepy...

She looks like her twin!!! May be the get up?!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUckWtEFQEo/?utm_medium=copy_link

She doesn't look same in this pic...

Edited by Ajeeb-ladki - 2 years ago
TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

I read the first line and I was like Kiara and Aishwarya rai?

Then I read she is Doctor Aishwarya!