Part 16 FF: Bondita understood Anirudh, chandrachur obsession

mprvn36 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Continuation from previous part.....

Bonditha is pursuing her secondary school education by staying in Indrani house. She observed that Anirudh is staying in next door, felt happy and used to communicate with letters, bring food and used to keep near door.  He is going again on cycle to court, Binoy Kolkata office, struggling just like Bonditha. 

The bitter thing he is unable to take is she is staying away from him, observing him silently through window, not showing her face, unable to listen her voice, arguments, etc which is like a breathless feeling. In fact she wished him on his 24th birthday by making greeting card  and did not let him properly wish her on her 15 th birthday.

Shomik came to visit her on that day, found that Anirudh is staying next door , confronted both Indrani and Bonditha for it, Indrani replied “Neither Anirudh nor Bonditha have broken the promise given to Sumatiji, he is protecting her like a shadow but your niece neither  talked with him, nor taken any help from him. He is only helping her by preparing her notes and passing it through me. Nothing more than that.” 

Bonditha asked him to tell this to mother , he nodded and about to offer money to her but she rejected it and told “When I cannot take money from my Birristera Babu, how can I take help from anyone in this world. I don’t want it.”

While coming from their home, he is walking on road and about to get hit by a truck, Anirudh while passing on cycle, immediately left the cycle and rescued him and asked “Are you ok kaka”.  Bondita also came out at the same time to go to shop, stopped by listening their words, observing them silently. They didn't see her.

He said “I am fine. (Looking at the cycle) why are you going on cycle when you can have car.”

Anirudh replied “My Bonditha is struggling for every minor expenses, how can I lead a comfortable life when she doesn’t have the same lifestyle “ (Bondita  shedded tears and felt bad for his condition)

Shomik asked “You are good at heart, you like Bonditha and can do anything for her, being a zamindar son you are going on cycle. Then why did you break ties of husband and wife relationship. If you have not broke the ties, you both will be living happily and Bonditha will also come with you in car. You can make her educated as per both of your dreams. Why are you both struggling unnecessarily .”

Anirudh “Kaka, I have annulled our marriage for her welfare only. Society has child expectations from a married girl as soon as she entered womanhood. Even my kaka has planned for our suhagraat secretly. Bondita is a raw soil..😭sumati maa misunderstood me and restricted Bondita that I am an outsider and asked her to stay in limits. My Somnath dada also advised to share room with her and keep her separately. Today she may not understand it, but Within 2 -3 years she will realize it and may feel bad about me. Then how can I face her? Moreover I want to give her all the happiness in her life unconditionally.  She has the right to choose her life partner when she is grown. In the next coming years, if she is interested in any person, she can happily marry him. I will not come as obstacle in her life. (He told these with trembled voice)” 

(Bondita understood at that moment that if husband and wife should stay in one room and child will be born to them by room sharing.  She recollected how sampoorna used to stay with Somnath and soon she have Satish, Saswati in her womb, when she asked him  previously about their room sharing how he diverted her. Her heart filled with gratitude that he is such a selfless person and want to give the best life). She silently left from there, felt bad as she is bound to mother’s promise and also happy for knowing his intentions.

Shomik is highly impressed and told “I know my niece very well, if this is your thought I will talk to her, sumati boudi and fix your marriage again. She likes you a lot, in fact she rejected to take money from me and told me that how can I take from you kaka when I cannot take it from my Birristera Babu.”

He felt extremely happy that ATleast she called him birristera Babu in his absence. Shomik asked again to agree for remarriage. Anirudh replied “Kaka, this is the age to study well and attain heights of success. She should not bound to these rituals, blind customs. She has the right to lead her life ,right to take her own decisions in every stage.  We should not force any decision on her.”

Shomik : “You are not understanding many things Anirudh Babu! If you leave her hand as husband, everyone will try to hold her hand, look at her with bad sight . Now in krishnanagar, every elder be it our neighbor or any stranger started giving advice to our Sumati boudi about bondita's future.”

Anirudh: “kaka, I won't let any incident to divert her from her ambition. By the way, I am waiting for many days to ask you about your peshi, but situations have made me to treat like an enemy by Sumati maa, you and Rimjhim kaki. Kalindi Thakuma told that you found her in pilgrimage, why did you bring her from there as you know that I am suspecting her in the death of Your brother. “

Shomik: I saw her in pathetic condition in Gaya piligrimage, brought her to home and treated her. She recovered now and being helpful and strong support in all matters. In fact, she is defending sumati boudi infront of outsiders when they are trying to defame Bondita.

Anirudh: so is there nothing to suspect about her.

Shomik: No. She is honestly willing to spend her rest of life with us.

Anirudh: what about her grandson Chandrachur?

Shomik: so far I haven't met him, but he used to write her letters from Hooghly.

Anirudh: can you give me his address

Shomik: why are you asking his address. Anirudh babu! There is nothing to suspect. In fact I am feeling that we got our old Peshi back, who used to take care in our childhood like a mother.

Anirudh: kaka, my intention is not to hurt you or any innocent person. But to clear my doubts, I am asking. Please give me his address. I promise that I will not create any trouble to anyone.

Shomik agreed and gave the address as he used to read letters to kalindi, took leave. He asked Bondita through letter to draw the sketch of the old man whom she met before their marriage. She has done it and sent him, he immediately met police officer and asked him to enquire about chandrachur as 2 innocent people (Bhairavi and surender chatterjee) lost their lives. (During their marriage).

Bondita thought that her belief on her birristera babu has not gone in vain, he is always the best personality. 

Meanwhile, Chandrachur has started writing love letters to Bondita and posting it to Indrani teacher house, to her school describing her beauty in abusive way which trembled her recollected the incident before leaving to Calcutta with Indrani.

While packing her suitcase, Sumati and kalindi had given a lecture about how girls should stay in limits, not to talk much and do friendship with boys. She strictly warned her that if she goes against her rules, she (Sumati) will bring her back. Bondita is about to argue but sumati made her shut the mouth that she is not her birristera babu to answer each and every tark, has to follow the rules made for girls. Bondita nodded. FB ends. 

She had tore it and felt ashamed to tell the matter to anyone. He is kept on sending it and observing her reaction. He is disgusted that she is tearing his letters and throwing flowers in dustbin. He decided to disturb her a lot.

He started making phone calls to school, talk to her with changed voice and kept on continuously calling her. Even principal blamed her for this reason and she told that there are no one who will make phone calls. 

At one night he decided to meet her in dark. He disguised with beard, covered his face came to Indrani house and took away fuse. Bondita observed that power is there in Anirudh's house and other houses as well, decided to check the fuse as taught by her shiskahak babu. Chandrachur observed her coming out, came from behind, closed her mouth and asked 'why are you avoiding my letters, throwing flowers in dustbin. I am observing your reaction daily. You know I love you a lot, I want to be with you every minute. You are such a beautiful woman I have ever seen. I will marry you and take care of you like a queen. I am not like idiotic ARC to leave you. Think of my proposal. No need to think about it, I have no scarcity with me. Happily agree to marry me, I will show you the real happiness and pleasure"

Initially she is shocked, trying her best to free herself but his grip is becoming tight and about to move his hand to sensitive body parts, she kicked him with her foot as soon as she realised his nasty actions, took a stone near by and hit him badly on his 2 legs.  He screamed with his original voice. Anirudh is studying books in his house and Indrani who is preparing notes  in candle light heard the scream , came out and Bondita has thrown the pepper powder which she always kept tied to her saree pallu. Anirudh climbed the wall and about to catch him, he hardly ran and jumped the back wall and escaped. 

They came back and asked what happened. She came out of shock and embraced him and bursted into tears for couple of minutes. He consoled her, Indrani went inside and brought water for her. She drank it and later explained this love letters fiasco, continuous telephone calls to school and the incident happened few minutes ago. He carressed her hair, took her hand into his and silently consoled her. Indrani asked 'Why didn't you inform me before.' 

Bondita kept silent. He asked Indrani to permit him to talk to her for a while and later she will come into house. She agreed for it and left.

He took her to stair case , made her sit there. After a while, he started his conversation :

Anirudh: Are you willing to share your pain with me.

She nodded.

He asked her to tell everything in detail. She told how abused way he had written letters, sending flowers, making phone calls. 

Anirudh: Are the letters still with you

Bondita: No, I have tore it. (Suddenly something flashed, told with excitement to Anirudh) He is observing that I am tearing all his letters and throwing flowers in dustbin.

Anirudh: That means he is observing you very closely. He is staying in proximity around us.

Bondita also realised it and nodded. 

Later he explained Bondita that these things are not to be hidden, you should discuss your problem with anyone else these kind of eve teasers or cheaters will take advantage of girls.

She is completely devastated and told " I didn't understand how to react. With much difficult, I got my mother permission to study here. She also strictly warned me to stay in my limits. Infact I am silently studying, not even talking much like before with anyone, but still this kind of problem has come before me."

Anirudh felt sad for sumati giving these kind of advices to Bondita. " Bondita! Do you trust in my words."

She nodded.

He continued "Then listen to me carefully.  This is not girls mistake that boys are teasing her and are at her back. It is the mistake of boys who were not taught values from childhood. You should not feel ashamed and belittle yourself inside. Why are you feeling guilty and for what reason. Tell me. If these kind of situations occur, girls or women should not silently bear the torture, they should raise voice, show courage and teach eve teasers a lesson. Girls should make eve teasers realise their mistake. You came here to study well and show the path to many girls in society. Don't you feel that you are unnecessarily making yourself inferior. If this goes on, how can you set an example to others. Just remember one thing: Mann ka haar hi haar, aur mann ka Jeet hi jeet. Have you  made my words also as outsider just like you made me (Mere saath saath mere sikhaya baaton ko bhi paraya kardiya Bondita tum ne).'

He started 😭by turning aside.

At that moment, she realised how foolishly she came into her mother's words (who herself is bound to superstitious beliefs, how she changed herself after their marriage annulment and started hating Anirudh) and avoiding her birristera babu, analyzed the difference of words in between her mother and her birristera babu.  She recollected how he used to guide her during exams, stay awake with her and how she intentionally avoided him and feeling guilty for purposefully avoiding his help and guidance.

She came and touched his feet and broken into tears. He lifted her up. She apologized him and hold his hand and told "From today onwards I will not leave my God's hand at any cost or for any reason. I will follow your every suggestion as a command. We both are krishna and Arjuna. After I have separated from you, everything has become so dark for me and I felt so depressed."

Anirudh : Even I am happy that I got my friend & student back. You can't even imagine how sad I am feeling in my heart when we communicated only through letters. I felt that you also started hating me for annulling our marriage. If we don't have name for our relationship, does that mean that out relationship has no meaning.

Bondita recollected his words with Shomik and told that from now onwards we are best friends. I will call you by the name sakha babu. Anirudh also told by holding her hands that you are my best sakhi.

Indrani came few minutes before and felt happy that they have patched up again.she felt that if every man thinking is like ARC, then no woman in this world will suffer. She prayed to God that they both should stay together forever and ever, silently left from there. 

After a while, Anirudh asked ' Can you find anything strange from his letters or any clue about him?'

She thought for a while and said no. He assured her that he will look into this matter and give the letters to him if she receive it any further. She agreed and left. On that night, she realised the difference of touch between the anonymous person and Anirudh. She felt much comfortable, solace in his arms, can give up all the pressure to him and feel relaxed. From many days, as her age is increasing, she is observing that how eve teasers, her classmates giving evil look, evil smiles at her while going and coming. It is due to her conserved nature and not giving lenience , nobody took advantage. But from these many days, her sakha babu never touched her creepily, he always comforted her, slowly her mind is realising something and soon she fell into sleep. She slept peacefully after many nights.

Chandrachur visited  doctor and was told that it is fracture in both legs and will take more weeks to recover. His ego is deeply hurt as Bondita had hurt him very badly and wanted to seek revenge.

The next day he went to near by police station, explained about the attack on Bondita, tried to gather information about eve teasers and enquired in hospitals that if any person who had injury of 2 legs have visited. Chandrachur managed to remove his name in hospital records by giving bribe. Inspector is a good friend of Anirudh who have also previously helped by giving details about Brijwasi, now also gave some details of eve teasers. He collected their hand written papers and went home. He is surprised to see Bondita waiting for him outside the door and asked about it. 

She told that, 'she took permission from Indrani teacher to let her go to her sakha babu house and study for while and come back. Teacherji also happily permitted me.' Anirudh is so delighted to see her back. He has shown if any of these hand writings match with the writings of the letters she received. She said no and later started studying , he is helping her in clearing doubts. After 4 hours at 10 pm , she left. Indrani is also waiting for her in corridor. When Bondita went inside, he thanked her for sending his friend and trusting him. She told : "who else can take care of Bondita more than you Anirudh." He folded hands happily and left.

In Krishnanagar, Shomik also didn't say anything to sumati, kalindi or Rimjhim about Anirudh staying in next house to Bondita. He only telling that Bondita is doing well, no regrets for keeping her in city and allowing her to study. All believed his words.

After few days, Anirudh's friend Inspector Gagan had come to visit him, at that time Bondita is alone. She told him that Anirudh is about to come. He felt Bondita like his sister who is dead in same age in her saural unable to bear their torture. They both introduced themselves to each other and he gave his phone number to Bondita,basked her to make call whenever she has any necessity. She kept his number safely . He wished her good luck, asked her to study well and bring good laws for the welfare of women in society. She happily nodded.

Just then Anirudh came and he is about to introduce Bondita to Gagan, but latter introduced that she is not only your friend but also my sister. The three laughed and Gagan wants to talk to him privately. 

But Anirudh thought for a while, told that my friend and your sister is growing, soon she will join law course, so no secrets from her. 

Gagan smiled and told that chandrachur is not staying in Hooghly address and handed over the letters. He and his grandmother Kalindi have not stayed in any pilgrimages except Gaya. That too she went only few days before Shomik Das has planned to go to Gaya. Bondita is surprised to listen Kalindi and Shomik names through Gagan and is looking on. At that moment, letters are  about to fall by wind, Bondita took it and her glimpse fallen on the handwriting. She is shocked to see it.

She immediately shouted ' Sakha babu! This letter has the same handwriting who has written letters to me.' Anirudh is shocked and came near her and asked 'Are you sure Bondita' to which Bondita firmly said 'Yes, it is the same hand writing'

Gagan concluded 'So, the anonymous person who is writing letters to Bondita is the grandson of kalindi, who killed bondita's father, tried to marry her in old man's disguise. He also killed surender chatterjee and Bhairavi.'

Bondita is hell shocked and became unconscious. Anirudh came to her rescue, splashed water drops and made her to drink water. He asked 'Are you ok'. She nodded and asked 'what Gagan dada is telling?'

They looked each other and Anirudh started explaining: " Listen to me carefully Bondita! After our marriage you are suffering with bed wetting problem Then I contacted neurologist Dr. Rabindra with the help of Somnath dada. He studied your case and concluded that it is not only nightmare but the real incident that you have seen in semi conscious state. This is the reason you are unable to forget it. Later when I met your Shomik kaka during oushtmangla rasam , I discussed about his peshi and he gave me the information that his peshi i.e. kalindi Thakuma and your father Yogendra baba has rift few years ago. He gave confession against her son in panchayat because her son spoiled the life of lower caste woman and as per verdict, he is forced to marry her. She Later died giving birth to a son named Chandrachur. Kalindiji  son also spoiled a British woman life where your father again confessed against him.  Due to this her son is mercilessly killed by British officers and panchayat also made them to leave Krishnanagar for 10 years. At that time chandrachur age is around 12 years. 

Later I met kalindi Thakuma step daughter in Krishnanagar village when we came for your treatment, she told that kalindi, her son and grandson are harmful and seek revenge whoever tried to harm them. 

When your marriage is fixed with old man, his name is also Chandrachur and kalindi named woman is there with him. Like his father he had also cheated a girl named Bhairavi and killed my mentor surender chatterjee as he tried to stop your marriage. 

He purposefully fell into river but so far police are unable to find any corpse. I have enquired from many people, but unfortunately I cannot find any solid proof evidence against them. 

As told by Kalindi Thakuma, they didn't go for any pilgrimages and chandrachur is also not working under any British officers in Hooghly. 

Another thing is your father didn't say anything about his peshi to Sumati maa. So she is blindly believing her and considering me as her enemy. This Is the reason I am scared to leave you in Krishnanagar alone. So I desparately kept silent while sumati maa, Rimjhim kaki and Thakuma are keeping conditions. Else I can never come into their words.'

Bondita is weeping and Anirudh is consoling her. Gagan assured that he will enquire about Chandrachur whereabouts in nearby places and took leave.

For next 3 -4 days she suffered with high temperature and kept on dreaming about her father. Anirudh is near her bed from last 4 days. She anxiously woke up from sleep and worried about her mother's safety. He told that 'I am regularly enquiring about her and she is quite fine. Bondita! Still there are no acute evidences against them. If they are really guilty we shall not spare them. You have to be strong, gain courage and ignite the fire in yourself of becoming barrister. Your passion should become more strong towards it. Once you become barrister babu Bondita, you will fight against all injustices in society.'

Bondita promised that she will become strong and fight against all injustices. She will not spare any convicts. 

Later she is recovered, gave her XI std board exams and passed with best marks.  

Note: This is part 16 of my FF. Please read in your free time and let me know your views. Thankyou 🙏

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mprvn36 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Others...Really sorry if I forget anyone..🤗

Shake_d_spear thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2