Priya Ram One Shot-In Sickness and In Health

Posted: 2 years ago

Disclaimer: Mentions of periods and period cramps. Suitable for 13+ people

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Sickness and In Health

Priya had just finished checking the last test paper when she felt a gush and then a warmth followed by a wave of pain in her lower back and stomach. God No! It couldn’t be! She hurriedly checked the app on her phone. Damn! Her periods were 2 days early! They were usually so regular. She wasn’t prepared. Shit! She didn’t even have enough tampons. She rushed into the washroom and pulled out the pack of tampons that she hid in the drawer. It was the last one! She let out a childish whine.

After freshening up, she exited the washroom and lay on the couch, enjoying the relief that the couch's arm gave her tired, aching back. She closed her eyes for a few seconds and then suddenly snapped them open. Heck! She had to get those tampons. She looked outside the window to see that the sun had slowly made its way down into the purple-pink clouds. She almost whined out loud. It was the perfect evening for a stroll, but she was in no mood to drag herself out a few meters to the pharmacy to grab a few tampons while her back and abdomen were killing her.

But she could not ignore the demands of mother nature's gift anymore. She grumbled to herself as she stood up and grabbed her wallet. She walked out of the room in a huff, only to run straight into her husband, Ram's firm chest.

"Where are you off to in such a rush?" he asked rubbing his chest where she had hit him accidentally.

She blinked, considering whether to tell him, but then shrugged and said, "Just to the grocery store, need to get a few things."

"Should I ask someone to go?" Ram asked, even though he knew the answer. Priya had never depended on any of the domestic help to do her things at the Kapoor Mansion during the one month of their marriage.

"No, thanks."

"What is it, by the way? I am craving some chocolate, can I join you?" Ram asked before he could stop himself.

"Oh... Ummm... stuff... "

"Is it a bomb?" Ram smirked, and Priya rolled her eyes.

"Sanitary things," she reluctantly revealed and Ram nodded.

"I'll go then. You can rest."

"No, it's ok... I can manage."

"I insist."

A rush of pain kicked in from Priya's abdomen, and she made a small "oof" sound, her face crumpled. She clutched at her midsection.

"You should rest. Text me what you need," Ram said and turned to leave before Priya could protest. 

She stood at the threshold of the door uncertainly, wondering what to do. Another vicious cramp hit her just then, and Priya groaned in defeat, dragging herself back to her room. 

She typed out the name of the tampon brand and sent the text to Ram, laying on the couch, shuddering as yet another cramp hit her.

In about 20 minutes, Ram was back with a bag that he emptied on the bed.

"That idiot pharmacist and his idiotic black bag!" he grumbled. 

Priya couldn't help but smirk. When men had to deal with the misogyny they unknowingly participated in, it was truly a sight to behold!

"I got you chocolates, Nutella, chips, pain relievers, cramp relief roll, and tampons."

"I just asked for the tampons."

Ram shrugged. He picked a bar of chocolate and unwrapped it.

"Do you want it or not? Because I am famished right now."

Priya sighed and took it from him.

"Chocolates increase happy hormones; they help deal with the pain!"

"Thank you, Dr. Kapoor!" She rolled her eyes, but her new husband's kindness and empathy did not go unnoticed.

"Oh, do you want to watch something? We still have time before dinner!" Ram said as he picked up the TV remote.

"Harry Potter," Priya replied promptly. 

The two were binge-watching the entire movie series since it was one of the very few interests they had in common.

Ram nodded and focused his attention on the TV. But, Priya missed the small glances her husband threw at her as she adjusted herself on the couch.

"Do you want to take the bed?"

"Oh no, we decided that I'm sleeping on the couch, and I'm good." She smiled stiffly. 

They still weren't comfortable sharing a bed, and after the wedding, Ram had coaxed her to take the bed and had slept on the couch, only to sprain his neck the next day. From that day on, Priya had taken the couch while he took the bed.

"Well, I think I can handle a sprained neck for five days. After all, you handle period cramps," Ram replied. 

Priya looked at him for a long moment, weighing her options.

"Are you sure?"

"100 percent-o," he exclaimed, causing Priya to scrunch up her nose in amusement at her husband's lame attempt at humor.

She lay on the bed, and he left to freshen up after starting the movie. When he returned, Priya was fast asleep.

He chuckled and pulled the comforter over his wife's sleeping form.

"Thank you," she mumbled sleepily.

"Anytime," he whispered, staring at the small smile gracing her lips for far longer than was appropriate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I wrote an OS! Anywho, feel free to like and comment. If you would like your work beta read or some help with your stories, check out House of Beta Readers, the folks there are amazing at their work. Again, a huge thank you to LizzieBennet for beta reading and helping me with this OS.

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 2 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Ufff!!!  This was such a beautiful read ❤️.Loved it so much. ITV really needs to show these things. There was a similar scene in yeh un dino ki baat hai serial and it was directed and written beautifully.

Ram will buy so many so medicines for Priya , even if she sneezes.🤣

Loved this OS!! ❤️👏 you write beautifully❤️

Really wish we get to see such scenes in ITV!! 

Do write more 😳

Amazing OS Shibz❤️

Caring Ram will be a delight to watch also he gets a plus point for bringing in chocos along with tampons❤️

Well written👍🏼

Shibani 🤗

It was wonderful OS👏 

Really ITV needs like this scenes also. But in our ITV they feel shy even to discuss about this matter. I am happy that we got OS on it.

Ram is really a perfect husband. He didn't hesitate even once to buy tempons. He brought chocolates that was so sweet.

Please do write more OS.🤗

Originally posted by vaidharbhi95

Ufff!!!  This was such a beautiful read ❤️.Loved it so much. ITV really needs to show these things. There was a similar scene in yeh un dino ki baat hai serial and it was directed and written beautifully.

Ram will buy so many so medicines for Priya , even if she sneezes.🤣

I am waiting for day he buys her entire pharmacy if she so sneezes😌

Glad you liked it🙈

Originally posted by Brute

Amazing OS Shibz❤️

Caring Ram will be a delight to watch also he gets a plus point for bringing in chocos along with tampons❤️

Well written👍🏼

Thanks kiddo❤ ram gets a plus point for existing and minus for raiting every girl's hopes🤦‍♀️

Originally posted by Bhavisweet03

Shibani 🤗

It was wonderful OS👏 

Really ITV needs like this scenes also. But in our ITV they feel shy even to discuss about this matter. I am happy that we got OS on it.

Ram is really a perfect husband. He didn't hesitate even once to buy tempons. He brought chocolates that was so sweet.

Please do write more OS.🤗

Thank you so much😍

Originally posted by YeojaNextDoor

Loved this OS!! ❤️👏 you write beautifully❤️

Really wish we get to see such scenes in ITV!! 

Do write more 😳

Thank you so much❤

This is a delightful OS ❤️ Left a smile on my face 😊

Ram buying the extra comfort items is so trademark Ram 😆