How weirdly the college mates idolised Anu..

usernameyrkkh thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Not majorly, but it was just a bit icky. She barely got through the first year. It was so unnatural for them to treat her like some celebrity. It would have been understandable if those people were in a dance society with her & she had become some legend. But they weren't & still acted that way. Who does that?

And the ickiness is dialled up with Anuj. I know he's so perfect, a whole prince charming, and we all want Anu to have a love story. But couldn't they have made the dude a little less weird with his 'love' for Anu? He is a 40yo man perpetually pining over a 26yo crush on a girl he never even talked to. Am I the only one getting weird vibes from it? I would have liked it so much if his old crush resurfaced only after meeting Anu. Or Anu & him were close friends. Or if they hadn't implied that he has remained perpetually single all his life pinning over a college crush.

I mean.. Come on. Even Devdas' Paru had a foundation to build her 'distant love' over.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khusboo2309 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: usernameyrkkh

Not majorly, but it was just a bit icky. She barely got through the first year. It was so unnatural for them to treat her like some celebrity. It would have been understandable if those people were in a dance society with her & she had become some legend. But they weren't & still acted that way. Who does that?

And the ickiness is dialled up with Anuj. I know he's so perfect, a whole prince charming, and we all want Anu to have a love story. But couldn't they have made the dude a little less weird with his 'love' for Anu? He is a 40yo man perpetually pining over a 26yo crush on a girl he never even talked to. Am I the only one getting weird vibes from it? I would have liked it so much if his old crush resurfaced only after meeting Anu. Or Anu & him were close friends. Or if they hadn't implied that he has remained perpetually single all his life pinning over a college crush.

I mean.. Come on. Even Devdas' Paru had a foundation to build her 'distant love' over.

About anu given soo much of celeb status....can be due to Anuj crush on her.....he was alredy a popular guy well known one .....and his crush rather love will be remembered.....

And about his 26yrs of wait.....which is discussed in another thread....he already said on the party day....he had his share of flings but can't sheatle with any one.....which can be quite common in usa.....

usernameyrkkh thumbnail

Umm no. Being a 40yo with zero serious or long term relationships isn't common in USA.

But Indian or American society isn't my point. It's that Anu & Anuj never even talked. And they've presented Anuj like he lived his life like Devdas' Paro over a college crush. It's icky.

They could have made it palatable by giving them a friendship history. Or not making Anuj a confirmed Bachelor because of Anu. He could have been single simply because he didn't find true love, didn't settle for less, & had old feelings reignited by meeting Anu. What we're seeing now a quite weird.

khusboo2309 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Umm no. Being a 40yo with zero serious or long term relationships isn't common in USA.

But Indian or American society isn't my point. It's that Anu & Anuj never even talked. And they've presented Anuj like he lived his life like Devdas' Paro over a college crush. It's icky.

They could have made it palatable by giving them a friendship history. Or not making Anuj a confirmed Bachelor because of Anu. He could have been single simply because he didn't find true love, didn't settle for less, & had old feelings reignited by meeting Anu. What we're seeing now a quite weird.

Ya I agrees little bit of past relationship would have made the scenario more relatable.....which was beautifully shown in the bengali version I think......in Bengali version the meeting between them was totally accidental.....sreemoyee(anu) there remembered Rohit (Anuj)...they were in talking terms during college days .....Rohit after sree gone lived a saintly life as if not interested in relationship any more..... started an organisation picturing sree....but not atall a stalker....

piapriya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 3

Tbh this is what I thought he meant when he said he had his share of his flings but couldn’t find “THE ONE” and his unrequited feelings resurfaced but then the devika-anuj scene contradicted this lol😆

sillibilli thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Agreed, a past relationship would have made him real, even if he was divorced or was a widower. 

usernameyrkkh thumbnail

Yes! Thank you. Right now he's a cross between a sadhu & an obsessive lover.

Meriam25 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Yes! Thank you. Right now he's a cross between a sadhu & an obsessive lover.

i donk think he will ever become obsessive lover.

he has no hopes in his love to be accepted or reciprocated he is just there admiring her loving her not saying a word. and i believe he has had his flings but nothing materialized into something serious which i do find it acceptable . i dont know i find anuj completely realistic and it is possible however mostly ppl settle into an arranged marriage due to society and family but here anuj didnt do any such thing maybe he didnt have such pressure 

usernameyrkkh thumbnail

Arre haan when did I say he will turn into a full-blown obsessive lover? I prefaced with a sadhu.

It's just that Anu & Anuj were strangers in college. This guy has been pining over a stranger he had a crush on 26 years ago.. All the while never having been in a long term/serious relationship. That's obsessive af. I know fans are eating it up like he's a prince charming.. But this backstory is hella weird.

aditi1234 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I feel like this show doesn't show 'love' develop properly just tells you hey they are in love like paritosh Kinjal or even Vanya for that matter...like ok but why I wanna know 😭

I hope that's not the case with anuj Anupama 

I wanna know why is he so into her after all these years when they haven't interacted enough for her to remember him etc