Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whats.up.danger thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: MyDriYa

May be because the king would have chosen a eye catchy magician only. She also enjoyed being point of attraction after being neglected and bullied. 

Anyways first finish watching it then tell me btw did u get athe timeline? 

I get it in the part scene only when yenne transform ðŸ˜†

That is exactly the problem with male gaze. It is unacceptable in todays society. A woman should not be considered beautiful based on eyes of men. Also she should be treated well regardless of her appearance. Above all she is a human. But anyway that will start an entire new debate

I got the timeline with pavetta backstory after yennefer ka transformation. Indid get confused there a little because of that folster or some king but was not sure until pavetta came into picture. 

simply.meghana thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abhaythevampire

That is exactly the problem with male gaze. It is unacceptable in todays society. A woman should not be considered beautiful based on eyes of men. Also she should be treated well regardless of her appearance. Above all she is a human. But anyway that will start an entire new debate

I got the timeline with pavetta backstory after yennefer ka transformation. Indid get confused there a little because of that folster or some king but was not sure until pavetta came into picture. 

the important thing to note is the time period too though. While I agree in today’s society it is unacceptable, in that time period it unfortunately was

added with yennefer’s backstory it becomes this way 

Originally posted by: simply.meghana

the important thing to note is the time period too though. While I agree in today’s society it is unacceptable, in that time period it unfortunately was

added with yennefer’s backstory it becomes this way 

Yup i ahve read that arguement too. Here is my argument on it though: when wiritng in third person one can still show the sexist society without actually being sexist to the women. And in my personal opinion they failed to achieve that

Edited by Abhaythevampire - 2 years ago
MyDriYa thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

That is exactly the problem with male gaze. It is unacceptable in todays society. A woman should not be considered beautiful based on eyes of men. Also she should be treated well regardless of her appearance. Above all she is a human. But anyway that will start an entire new debate. 

I agree but this show is not about ethics or moral n ,& it's timeline is different when women were treated more worse than today so I didn't mind these. 

Yeah it was confusing, the kings part whose daughter was some creature , only gave me clarity

MyDriYa thumbnail

Yup i ahve read that arguement too. Here is my argument on it though: when wiritng in third person one can still show the sexist society without actually being sexist to the women. And in my personal opinion they failed to achieve that

Society has not changed , it has changed its way. 

For ex Take SM , ppl hide their identity there for the bashing/stalking/eve teasing etc which they can't do in public, may be because of laws . But still at work place every one expects a presentable employee n, their capabilities are recognised later.

Anyways I think we all agree about the sexist society just opinion differs on it should be there in the show or not . 

Society has not changed , it has changed its way. 

For ex Take SM , ppl hide their identity there for the bashing/stalking/eve teasing etc which they can't do in public, may be because of laws . But still at work place every one expects a presentable employee n, their capabilities are recognised later.

Anyways I think we all agree about the sexist society just opinion differs on it should be there in the show or not . 

Hmm i am a little bit biased in favour of women written by women. For example shadow and bones similar world setting in gender roles yet i prefer that much better. 

MyDriYa thumbnail

Hmm i am a little bit biased in favour of women written by women. For example shadow and bones similar world setting in gender roles yet i prefer that much better. 

Watched that too .. and both series are based in book. 

and don't u think Alina is getting attention because she is a sun summoner and in initial episode because of her looks she was considered as an untouched or enemy. (don't remember exact words may be girisha) 

Watched that too .. and both series are based in book. 

and don't u think Alina is getting attention because she is a sun summoner and in initial episode because of her looks she was considered as an untouched or enemy. (don't remember exact words may be girisha) 

Alina is getting attention due to sun summoner. Kirigan ensures that. 

And as for her facing partiality yup she does but not because she is woman but her race. And they balanced it by adding character who fights against that racism. Thats how i feel about it. Society is doing something people rise up to change that. She chooses to become pretty because she starts to fall for kirigan and is feeling betrayed by malyen not just because she is expected to. That  option of having a choice and a say in the matter, makes all the difference to me. 

Anyway lets not get in that debate. I feel Its never ending ðŸ˜†

MyDriYa thumbnail

Alina is getting attention due to sun summoner. Kirigan ensures that. 

And as for her facing partiality yup she does but not because she is woman but her race. And they balanced it by adding character who fights against that racism. Thats how i feel about it. Society is doing something people rise up to change that. She chooses to become pretty because she starts to fall for kirigan and is feeling betrayed by malyen not just because she is expected to. That  option of having a choice and a say in the matter, makes all the difference to me. 

Anyway lets not get in that debate. I feel Its never ending ðŸ˜†

I get what are u trying to say , it's just our opinion. Me too know it's wrong and it should be addressed. 

So I will just say first finish watching it then tell me. I think geralt will give u what u r finding in this show. He is the ML and he is doing what a good person do. Do ur job without any partiality , appreciate ppl for what they are. 

Won't say much , or it will be a spoiler ðŸ˜†

I get what are u trying to say , it's just our opinion. Me too know it's wrong and it should be addressed. 

So I will just say first finish watching it then tell me. I think geralt will give u what u r finding in this show. He is the ML and he is doing what a good person do. Do ur job without any partiality , appreciate ppl for what they are. 

Won't say much , or it will be a spoiler ðŸ˜†

No spoilers ðŸ˜†

I do like geralt. The lesser evil debate ðŸ¤£ the ages old debate we still dont have answer to that and guess we never will. ðŸ˜†

Oh n i loved the idea of his companion who sings songs as he watches geralt fight the monsters and crates ballads on that. That was one creative part.