Should you ignore a despicable person or teach them a lesson?

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 2 years ago

Both offline and online, you come across some unpleasant people. How does one deal with them? Get into a war of words to prove your point, or just ignore them, even if it means that person feels like they have "won"?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JayaBachan thumbnail

Offline. I’d teach them a lesson. 

Online. Ignore because I have no patience writing essays to argue. I get bored quickly and lose interest by the time the person has replied in retaliation. Only way to motivate me to argue online is if you give me access to a microphone and camera. 

Palak_Paneer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Offline:If it goes over the limit and it is impacting you /work then definitely yes.Ask them if there is any issues if things go offhand.Learnt it the hard way though it becomes difficult in professional spaces.Being quiet about things doesn’t do any good to your mental health and no one cares about you breaking your head being a people pleaser.More than anything it’s about making things clear.

Online:If it is on IF over celebrities,then war of words is simply childish and a waste of time IMO.Who really cares about “winning” online.

The best thing is not to share too much of personal info about yourself over the Internet.Personal attacks are when things go offhand.

MayaSarabhai thumbnail

Whatever is good for your peace of mind.

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: MayaSarabhai

Whatever is good for your peace of mind.

Unless they’re a psychopath. I’d rather not have them teach me a lesson for their peace of mind. 

Edited by FingerFetish - 2 years ago
bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I ignore in most situations unless the person tries to personally attack me. Then it's like

What Did You Say To Me GIFs | Tenor

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Both offline and online, you come across some unpleasant people. How does one deal with them? Get into a war of words to prove your point, or just ignore them, even if it means that person feels like they have "won"?

Online-Depends on the person....if you have the capability to go as low as them....then why not.....beat them black and blue..

Real life..it depends how crazy that person is....I would take the help of law if that person is batshit crazy.

bollyqueen0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Unless they’re a psychopath. I’d rather not have them teach me a lesson for their peace of mind. 

Yeah you have to be careful about who you're confronting. Otherwise it leads to this

What are you gonna do, stab me ?: funny

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

Yeah you have to be careful about who you're confronting. Otherwise it leads to this

What are you gonna do, stab me ?: funny

Or this

bollyqueen0 thumbnail

OMG this whole time I thought your ID was Maya Sharabi NOT Maya Sarabhai. I thought you were letting us know you like alcohol. I just realized after trying to tag you 😔