HITEN - THE NEW FACE OF ANURAG BASU

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago

Mazumder

"Yes, I have been offered the role of Anurag Basu, and I am game for it.— Hiten Tejwani
It's official. Hiten Tejwani aka Karan Virani of Kyunki Saas Bhi Bahu Thi fame will play Anurag Basu's character in Kasauti Zindagii Kay, after Cezanne Khan left the show as well as Balaji.

When contacted, Dorris Dey, creative head of Kasautii said, "We have chosen Hiten because he is a good actor and at the same time very popular. We are confident that he will play the character of Anurag Basu well."

What about his screen chemistry with Shweta Tiwari? "We can't talk about it now. Only after shooting starts, will we be able to say something. Both are good actors and will do wonders as they have done in the past," she added.

Hiten, when contacted, said, "Yes, I have been offered the role of Anurag Basu, and I am game for it. We just had a formal meeting with the production house and the shooting is yet to start."

How confident is he acting in another serial that takes a generation leap? "I am already doing one serial, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, that has taken a generation leap and is still a big hit with the audience. Kasauti has also been very popular, so I don't have problems with acting in another generation leap."

Did he like Kasauti… as a show? "I am always so caught up with work that I am unable to watch even my own shows. So there is no question of watching another daily soap."

Cezanne Khan
How different will he be as Anurag, which is synonymous with Cezanne Khan? "Well, he is a good actor and played the character successfully for a long time. But, the creative team told me that my character will be different. I am yet to figure out how different it will be as the shooting hasn't started. But, I will play Anurag's character in my own way."

So, is he slowly becoming the next big thing as Ekta had earlier predicted? "I and Ekta have had a good relationship for a long time. And, I am happy that she trusts me a lot with her projects," he added.

So, does he looking for projects outside Balaji? "Ekta has given me the best of the projects always. Moreover, I am so caught up with work that I don't have the time look for projects outside Balaji. I also like to do a few quality films. So, I am too busy for the moment," he added.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Catwoman thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I hate that show it's such a drag!!!!

Poor Hiten!!! But AB is such a boring character!!!

Oh Prena where are you!!!!! Boring....
crazy_sam thumbnail
oh noooooooooooooooooooooo hiten is a good actor but oh no AB's role alwayz lookz good on cezanne oh cezanne dont leave 😭
click2read thumbnail
oh i wish.hiten was not cast as anupam.............and he could ahve repalced iqbal to play shiv.