Winner & Runner ups winning price money awarded

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/television/indian-idol-12-winner-is-pawandeep-rajan-takes-home-rs-25-lakh-and-trophy-7455409/lite/

I am very shocked @ not able to see any price Money awarded to ShanmukhaPriya from what I read here. I haven’t watched finale nor will I watch it b/c of way too many hours to see it. 

Can any one of SMP fans or anyone here clarify for me.  TIA. IF SHE didn’t receive any price money would be totally unfair 👎

“From the Top 6 Finalists, Arunita Kanjilal and Sayli Kamble were declared as the first and second runners-up respectively and were awarded with a cheque of Rs. 5 lakhs respectively. The third and the fourth runners-up, Mohd. Danish and Nihal Tauro were awarded with a cheque of Rs. 3 lakhs respectively. All the top 6 finalists received a cheque of Rs. 75,000 from Raj Superwhite Soap and gift hampers from Colgate and Denver respectively.”

Admin if this topic is not allowed pls let me know so I delete it. Thx for reading me 🙏

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Piyaazzz thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Donno about the others but they didn't showed this prize giving to runner's up 

Only 75k to finalists n winner's amount 

Mayybbe I missed something

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

My husband had a thought as they had been announcing Top 5 but they didn’t eliminate anyone. Price money was awarded to 5. I’m trying to make sense. 

I felt terrible if the included 6 in Finale all 6 should have been awarded money. SMP deserved it being part of top 6 imho  

Starttofinish thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/television/indian-idol-12-winner-is-pawandeep-rajan-takes-home-rs-25-lakh-and-trophy-7455409/lite/

I am very shocked @ not able to see any price Money awarded to ShanmukhaPriya from what I read here. I haven’t watched finale nor will I watch it b/c of way too many hours to see it. 

Can any one of SMP fans or anyone here clarify for me.  TIA. IF SHE didn’t receive any price money would be totally unfair 👎

“From the Top 6 Finalists, Arunita Kanjilal and Sayli Kamble were declared as the first and second runners-up respectively and were awarded with a cheque of Rs. 5 lakhs respectively. The third and the fourth runners-up, Mohd. Danish and Nihal Tauro were awarded with a cheque of Rs. 3 lakhs respectively. All the top 6 finalists received a cheque of Rs. 75,000 from Raj Superwhite Soap and gift hampers from Colgate and Denver respectively.”

Admin if this topic is not allowed pls let me know so I delete it. Thx for reading me 🙏

25 lakh prize money for 10 months of hard work and only 5 lakh each for #2 and #3 seem like too less.
They probably got paid per episode but still Even KBC participants get more prize money! 😃

If SMP was #6 and didn’t get any money I think it is still okay as the 4th and 5th got only 3 lakh each. She got a chance to perform at the finale which is usually top 5 and a plump offer from Vijay to come to Hyderabad and sing in his film. 

The recognition they got from participating in this specific season of a Indian Idol is tremendous. That is their true prize. Now time for them to take a short break and grab the right opportunities. 

rajk001233 thumbnail

I am unable to find the answer either, but it seems SMP was totally ignored of a prize which is extremely insensitive since she was one of the 6 finalists. Wow, Sony, how disgusting to do this. In which case, if they did not want to award anything to the 5th runner up, they should have eliminated the contestant instead of keeping them as a finalist.

On another note, this was the first time I watched Indian Idol and will not again. NO. Mainly because of the sleazy and very irritating HR and Anu Malik. Gosh, they are so unprofessional where HR wants the total spotlight even though he is not a contestant and Anu is another story. Those 2 make the show horrible. Leave Indian Idol for the contestants instead of judges going on stage and making a fool of themselves! Yikes.

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

I had posted a BizAsia article on some thread that gave the details which is in line with the above. The Denver bit I don't know, but I have seen an image of Arunita with a Colgate board. Also there are some spectator videos after the main event showing Sayli holding a cheque and Aru being chased unsuccessfully by a Content Team member with, presumably, her cheque. That is the extent of real evidence of the payment for them.