Aise Na Mujhe Tum Dekho - Ishqaan OS

Forever_Fangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

(Cross-posted with my "On-Shuffle" thread) I'm actually pretty proud of this one (this is so not my forte tbh). I did my best, drawing from all the fluff/smut and lemons I've read over the years. I toned this down from lemons to just fluff and light smut. Let me know what you guys think! (This was during the ep when Savvy was introduced in that smashing look.) What if Kartik hadn't become the kabab-mein-haddi? That boy needs to stop blocking AVM and Ishqi's romance. 😂😂

--------------------------------------

#2: Aise Na Mujhe Tum Dekho

She looked amazing. She always did. But this time, she was dressed up for him. And he could look to his heart’s content. Because she was his. Finally. For the first time in his life, his heart sped up in his chest on looking at someone. It wasn’t their fault. He was destined to fall for her. 

Even as he moved towards her, his words failed and all he could say in answer to her question was “cute”. That word failed to convey all the emotions that swelled up in his heart at the picture she made sitting here. In his room, at his vanity. He hadn’t dared to dream that this could be possible. And now that she was here, his heart still couldn’t believe it. This was theirs and he could look at her without the fear of what anyone would say. No more covert glances when it was just them. 

A dream come true, a hope realized. Something he hadn’t known he needed until she was sitting in front of him and he saw the vision they made in the reflection of the mirror together. This was to be his first gift to her, outside of all the rituals and obligations. A gift from a husband to his wife because he loved her. His wife. His heart constricted at the thought and a blindingly stupid grin threatened to take over his face. He managed to stop it, but only just. 

He had never imagined that he’d be able to do this. That he’d be the one to put earrings on her, or put a necklace around her neck. The first one he’d ever bought with her in mind. Never did he think that just the small act of wearing a necklace could give rise to emotions in him that threatened to overwhelm him every time she walked by him. 

He let out a light sigh and he saw a myriad of goosebumps erupt across the span of her back

So responsive

Taking it further, he placed a light kiss behind her ear. The shudder that ran through her body told him just how unaffected she was. He grinned. She was good at hiding it, but that’s what made them special. They could hide all they wanted, but not from each other. Never from each other. 

His hand moved to cup her face, slowly turning it to face him. Not for one second did he lose contact with her. 

“Ahaan” his name fell from her lips with a sigh. A side swipe of his hand nudged her hair out of the way and revealed downcast eyes and a gently upturned mouth. He moved closer and placed a feather light kiss on the corner. When he accidentally exhaled a little too slow and hot, he felt her go still. 

“Koi aa jaayega,” her voice came out in a breathy tone, matching his own exhilaration

“Aa jaane do,” he breathed out, placing several more gentle, open-mouthed kisses along her jaw, hand turning her to face him, her body following.

“Humein dinner par jaane hai.” Her protests were getting weaker as he continued his exploration. 

“Baaki sab chale jayenge. Daadi sambhaal legi.” he said, trailing his fingers up and down her Ishqi’s neck like it was nothing at all, like this was the most natural thing for them to be doing before going out to dinner at a client’s house. 

In a moment, a sense of panic inflated in Ishqi’s chest and she shifted to put a firm hand on his chest. “AVM, humein jaana hai,” her tone bore no arguments. “Yeh contract aapka hai aur aapko bulaya hai. Vaise bhi, main konsa bhaagi jaa rahi hoon ki aap kuch ghante wait nahin kar sakte?” 

Despite the lilt of laughter in her final sentences, she was right, and he knew it. But tearing himself away when he was close enough to taste her was going to be harder than anticipated. He could just reach out and...just a few more inches and he was sure Ishqi would forget all about the dinner. But no, she was right. This was his responsibility. “You’re perfect, you know that? Tumsa koi aur iss world mein nahin hai aur mere liye koi aur ho bhi nahin sakta,” he gave a gentle tug on the hand cupping her neck, connecting his head to hers, “main bohot lucky hoon, ki mujhe tum mili. Main chahta toh hoon ki tumhe world ki saari khushiyaan doon, jo tum deserve karti ho. Lekin main toh yahan tumhe time bhi nahin de paa raha.” 

Eyes connected to his, her reply came in a low voice, “aap aisa kuch nahin kar rahe. Hum jitna bhi time spend kar rahe hain, uspe concentrate karte hai na. Abhi yeh sab aaltu-faltu ki baat kyun kar rahe hain? Abhi agar dinner par jaayenge tab hi to time par ghar waapis lautenge. Uske baad, saara time hum dono ka hi to hai, jitna dena hai de dena. Free mein toh sab kuch manzoor hai, especially aapka time Mr. Businessman” The glint of amusement in her eyes warmed his heart and he felt a sense of pure love blooming in his chest, until his breath caught in his throat. 

“I love you Ishqi. So, so, so much.” he choked out. 

“Aur main bhi,” came a gentler reply. Then, risky Ishqi made an appearance, “Ab chaliye! Warna phir se koi na koi siyappa ho jaana hai.” she stood with a grin on her face, correcting a pleat here, and ensuring the flyaway strands on top of her head stayed in place. 

Ahaan Veer Malhotra may be old-fashioned. He may not understand half the words and phrases that made up his wife’s vocabulary. But he understood a few things, he would never step away from her side. He had found peace in her. She was the shoulder he could lean on. And most importantly, he understood in that moment, that until today, he had told her of his love. But tonight, he would show her. 

----------------

I really enjoyed writing this one, but it definitely concludes my mushy quota for a while. I could probably write requests, but my brain fodder for romance ideas is khaali. Absolutely dabba gul.