Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

Guys you have to read this book - The Maidens by Alex Michaelides

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

I can't believe I'm making a separate topic for this but this book is insanely good. Alex Michaelides' first book The Silent Patient - I'm sure you guys have heard of it, it was a bestseller last year. This book takes his literary skills a notch further. It's the best book I read this book - it's racy yet not devoid of artistic merit, it's a compulsive page-turner, a sophisticated thriller, a literary gem, all rolled into one. Finished it in one sitting. Some of you guys are book-lovers and I'm recommending it to all of you.

The Maidens: The instant Sunday Times bestseller from the author of The  Silent Patient eBook : Michaelides, Alex: Amazon.in: Kindle Store

I'm not giving any spoilers or even hinting at the plot because that would spoil things. It just has an amazing twist which made me lose my literary bearings and was left wondering how can this writer do such  a jaw-dropping work?

I must say, this book should be made into a movie as soon as possible!

Forgive me my excitement, it's just that I couldn't but help make this topic - the book was so bloody good!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Thank-you for the rec! ❤️

I am adding this to my list right away and will purchase it asap. I love thrillers and am always on the lookout for the next page turner. 

mintyblue thumbnail
Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Thank-you for the rec! ❤️

I am adding this to my list right away and will purchase it asap. I love thrillers and am always on the lookout for the next page turner. 

You're most welcome❤️

I loved the book so much because it's an amazing page-turner, language is beautiful and like you, I love good thrillers with amazing twists!

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: mintyblue

You're most welcome❤️

I loved the book so much because it's an amazing page-turner, language is beautiful and like you, I love good thrillers with amazing twists!

Wish I had known about it earlier because with lockdown lifted I am returning to work this week. Added it to my list though. Store has the paperback marked down to $17.49 but the hardcover is $37.99. I have a compulsive need to buy hardcovers whenever available so I shall wait a bit until this one is on sale some day. You have me so excited for it!

I'm gonna add it to my collection, thanks! ❤️

Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Thank you for the suggestion. I loved silent patient. I will definitely read this book if it is available on kindle. 

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

You're most welcome❤️

What's the price of the paperback? Is it available on Kindle? 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Thanks for the suggestion, Minty! 🤗

mintyblue thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mahisa_22

What's the price of the paperback? Is it available on Kindle? 

Not sure. I bought it in hardback from my bookstore which I frequent. The hardback cost Rs. 900

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Not sure. I bought it in hardback from my bookstore which I frequent. The hardback cost Rs. 900

Baap re. Onek daam to. Ager tar cost kirokom?