Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GrilledCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: funny_fubar

I saw a youtube post where they want to trend ShiVi rain scene 🤣 

I get that everyone wants romance, even I do, but why this template for each and every TV couple 😕
It's like not even giving a chance for the makers to try something new in terms of romance. They might surprise you.

We want them to give the cliches and when they do, we complain that they only give cliches 🤣

Makers are stuck between a rock and a hard place for sure 🤣

Scarysea thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Piu the post highlighting differences between Shiva-Dhara and Dev- Dhara is amazing

GrilledCheese thumbnail
Originally posted by: mpks1

For those who get irritated with my constant jaap of the OG😆 it is hard to dissociate😆

That said, the makers here are not exactly following the chronological order as in the OG Here are some changes 

Krish-Rishita, humiliation track all happened together  at the initial stages of both marriages in the OG

Building a room for  GauRa was a separate track happened 10 months into the show in the OG. 

GauRa’s sacrifice of not having a child revelation was done in stages after a year and a half the show started. Different characters  got to know at different times and  the revelation  went on for 2 months. But the drama quotient was much higher and it fetched them good regional TRPs with constant promos in the OG.

Here Shiva and Dev were the first ones to  know  but it was all subdued. 

I agree Prema, its hard to dissociate with the OG when the makers are following it 😆

Now that they are back from the haveli, the makers have started following the OG even .kre religiously. Apart from the order of the scenes like you mentioned and the higher drama quotient here, the content is all there 😆

I also wished the reactions of Shiva and Dev were a little stronger, they were too tame here upon the revelation of dhara's scarifice for them

Edited by GrilledCheese - 2 years ago
funny_fubar thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pixiepadhi

To be honest even I love drama if shown the right way.i will choose drama, conflict and angst anyday over yaadon ki baraat and cheesy romance.

Thats why I want rishita's character to remain grey.agar woh bhi acchi ho gayi to family Mai conflict bachega hi Nahi.

All is well between shiva Dev.

There would only be maami and anita who are very chindi vamps.

Janu can kidnap, harm the shop.phir kya?

So they should keep the conflicts and drama alive.or else it would be too monotonous.

Ya I think I need to rewatch the OG to see how they did it 🤔 Theh did not have YKB particularly, they had the same chindi vamps, no major conflicts between the brothers and yet the drama was very engaging. They even had time for each and every character to have dialogues/monologues.

It boggles my mind how they were able to balance everyone. In PS, the makers seem to struggle with balancing screen time, so I think the dialogues get affected. 

Also, I wish they wouldn't cut so many times to splice the scene- really affects the flow.

For example the day before yesterday's episode, they show the customer shouting about the Jeera mixup, Shiva sends off the customer, and glares at Raavi. And then they cut too the Rishitha comedy scene After that they cut back to Shiva's intense moment with Raavi. What a terrible idea. They should have kept the ShiVi scene intact till Raavi leaves, so the impact would have been stronger. Then they could have cut to the comedy ko scene 😐

They don't have much drama, but even the drama they have, they dilute terribly. It really bothers me.

Edited by funny_fubar - 2 years ago
Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

If everyone is thinking Shiva kabhi Raavi ko pyaar karega 🤣

If you remember , this was Shiva ready to rock and roll with Raavi.

aaj raat baat karni padegi is Raavi se 🤣

This was precisely his reaction. 🤣🤣 Letter Kaand ne full stop lagaya 😆

GrilledCheese thumbnail
Originally posted by: Transference

A subtle difference between Dev-Dhara & Dhara Shiva relationship. One is of friendship and another of reverence. The reactions are pretty clear cut to give a contrast of the equation Dhara shares with them. 

Dev-Dhara

Dev mutters the word biological clock and pregnancy. Instead of lowering her eyes, Dhara just stares at Dev. Dev too lingers his gaze at the rate as if he understands her really very well and then walks away lowering his eyes. His walking away symbolic of bringing out a very sensitive matter in public. He wasn’t a shame to raise this matter with Dhara. There's no slur of his speech nor a lisp. 

Dhara looks straight in Dev’s eyes.

He just breaks away from her. 

Shiva-Dhara 

Shiva, on the other hand, stutters; Dhara can't look him in the eye till the topic changes. She raises her eyes only when she changes at the subject, and the moment she does so, Shiva lowers his eyes. It’s so subtle that you tend to miss it if you see it in one go. I love the subtle nuances these people carry with the characters. Shiva can never look at Dhara beyond as his goddess.

Dhara is not able look at him 

Shiva stutters. 

She is only able to look at him when she talks about a changed topic. 

He can't look at her! 

On a side note, if you notice, Shiva always looks at Gautam Dhara romancing too in awe and reverence, whereas Dev always teases them. The subtle differences in their relationships are terrific and portrayed with earnest honesty! 

Beautiful post! Ioved how you brought the nuances in dhara's relationship with her two devars ❤️ there is some notion of "equality" between dev and dhara, but none between Shiva and dhara!

GrilledCheese thumbnail

Woh Shiva hai- Adbhut 🤣

ITV FL selfish nahin hote 🤣🤣

Well said! Shiva kabhi selfish nahi hoga 🤣 (I don't want him to be selfish either 😆)

Nups_mish thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mpks1

Nupur, I don’t like this yo-yoing but I enjoy her antics and facial expressions when she does comedy and like her when she saves the Pandya parivar. But don’t like when she shows her other side😆

P,S: I want to tell you what happened in the original version today, just finished watching the 654th episode, you are going to laugh. I will send you a pm little later😆

Me too! She is good while doing comedy scenes. I love her scenes with Suman, they are hilarious! But then cut to the next scene she is again back to her rude version! 🤣 I really want to see some consistent character growth for both Raavi and Rishita! CVs seem to focus a lot on the brothers mostly Shiva. Uss chakkar me FLs ka character growth pe dhyan hi nahi de rahe! I felt even when Rishita saves the Pandya family in the haveli it was too abrupt! Matlab ek scene pehle literally 10 mins pehle she was upset with them and all of a sudden she drives the tractor and goes and saves them🤣 kuch toh monologue dikha dete uske pehle!

Haha please do send me a PM would love to read what Rishita is up to in the OG🤣🤗

funny_fubar thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: GrilledCheese

We want them to give the cliches and when they do, we complain that they only give cliches 🤣

Makers are stuck between a rock and a hard place for sure 🤣

Nope don't want cliches.

If it were up to me ShiVi would never have dori scenes, holi scenes 🤢 Like why, they are in a total different set up, in a totally different cultural and economic space. Show something unique to that right.

I am really tired of the copy paste romance. Yes, it was intense, but I was rolling my eyes on the atta- romance. They wasted perfectly good food, while Gautam is literally fraying away to get money 

Edited by funny_fubar - 2 years ago
Pixierocks thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Ya I think I need to rewatch the OG to see how they did it 🤔 Theh did not have YKB particularly, they had the same chindi vamps, no major conflicts between the brothers and yet the drama was very engaging. They even had time for each and every character to have dialogues/monologues.

It boggles my mind how they were able to balance everyone. In PS, the makers seem to struggle with balancing screen time, so I think the dialogues get affected. 

Also, I wish they wouldn't cur so many times to splice the scene- really affects the flow.

For example the day before yesterday's episode, they show the customer shouting about the Jeera mixup, Shiva sends off the customer, and glares at Raavi. And then they cut too the Rishitha comedy scene After that theh cut back to Shiva's intense moment with Raavi. What a terrible idea. They should have kept the ShiVi scene intact till Raavi leaves, so the impact would have been stronger. Then they could have cut to the comedy scene 😐

They don't have much drama, but even the drama they have, they dilute terribly. It really bothers me.

I agree with you on the transition.

They can complete a scene before jumping to the other.it spoils the impact.

Even during the drunk confrontation scene, they abruptly show devta in between.then they show the dhara water throwing comedy scene.i find that really irritating.you cant mix up comedy and angst within seconds.thats why I guess I always find the second time watch better.