Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

I am not being rude but when someone reaches a certain age (98+ OMG) it is better to pray for his peaceful departure. It is time to say good bye, Mr. Dilip Kumar. May God give mercy to him. 

Edited by Mugda - 2 years ago
beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mugda

I am not being rude but when someone reaches a certain age (98+ OMG) it is better to pray for his peaceful departure. It is time to say good bye, Mr. Dilip Kumar. May God give mercy to him. 

i always wonder about saira bano. must b tough for her, being in and out of hospitals

Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Do they not have enough money to make him comfortable at home while waiting for the inevitable? That’s what I would prefer if it were me.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Nova19

Do they not have enough money to make him comfortable at home while waiting for the inevitable? That’s what I would prefer if it were me.

Yeah, it seems cruel to me that they keep dragging him to the hospital every few days. He's 98 years old and ill. Make him comfortable at home instead of trying so desperately to prolong his life. 

CuttingChai thumbnail

He is 100yo, let him be in hospice care instead of going in and out of hospitals every month.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Boy I would never want to live long enough to become like this. 70 healthy but solid years are long enough. What is life if all you do is either be sedated, or be immovable and in pain when awake. 

Must be such an inconvenience for him.  I'm surprised they have not built an ICU in his house. 

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/suniel-shetty-sets-up-an-inhouse-icu-for-his-father/

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I feel so sad for him 😭

pratts thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think his is the only death which will seem like a relief.  Yes everyone has the right to live as long as God wants but he's just hanging by a thread and for years and years.  Just hearing him in and out hospitals feels so traumatic.  Let him live his days as comfortably as possible and just stop with trying to drag his life and on and on, at his age quality of life is equally important.  I feel like they are denying him the right to die as weird as that sounds. 

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pratts

I think his is the only death which will seem like a relief.  Yes everyone has the right to live as long as God wants but he's just hanging by a thread and for years and years.  Just hearing him in and out hospitals feels so traumatic.  Let him live his days as comfortably as possible and just stop with trying to drag his life and on and on, at his age quality of life is equally important.  I feel like they are denying him the right to die as weird as that sounds. 

I know what you mean though. It may come across as heartless and insensitive to some but dragging ones life is doing no favor to that person but to just boost our need of  having to satisfy our own conscience.  I remember my dad had to make a decision about my grand father who went into coma after being diagnosed with state 4 liver cancer (they wrongly diagnosed it for long to be Jaundice and what not but couldn’t find out that it was cancer :( until it was too late.). I was very young at that time but I remember how much I respected my dad for letting go of my grand father. All his siblings and the other relatives were not in support initially but eventually all of them have appreciated my dad for making the right decision. It takes more than love to let go of someone. :(

OT, hope Dilip ji is not in such a bad state and is still able to enjoy his life and make decisions for himself.