Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: mmmai

They couldn’t honour him while he was alive. What’s the point of this now? 

It matters to his family. People are awarded posthumously a lot of times.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail

Just praying that his family and his 'genuine' fans find a little bit of peace in this recognition.....RIP Sush...I know you are looking at this and smiling..❤️

blue-ice.1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

I think they mean desirable when he was alive nothing to do with marrying him now

though even I find it a bit off putting 

Desirable shouldn't be taken at face value here....its how the people rallied around him to get justice...how people realized his good qualities..how people literally cried for him....,,not everything has to be about marriage and sex..

kar08 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Just praying that his family and his 'genuine' fans find a little bit of peace in this recognition.....RIP Sush...I know you are looking at this and smiling..❤️

I wonder what peace a 75 year old man can possibly get from knowing that his dead son - whom he lost in the most tragic circumstances- has topped some newspaper’s list of desirable men ..

Edited by kar08 - 2 years ago
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

It matters to his family. People are awarded posthumously a lot of times.

But a place on a desirability list is extremely weird for a dead person. Give him posthumous acting awards or honor him for some of his old charitable work. That would make sense but now calling him hot after he's passed away? It's just tacky. 

This is the Times Group. They run the Filmfare Awards. Why didn't they do a segment about him there? Celebrate his old songs, play his clips, observe a moment of silence and get his father (if he's willing) to come and give a small speech about him. I don't think they gave him any recognition there. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think there was a tribute for Irfan but not for Sushant. 

Edited by hotchoco - 2 years ago
Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya185

I think they mean desirable when he was alive nothing to do with marrying him now

though even I find it a bit off putting 

It's sadly all about the notoriety of his death.  Just as Rhea being #1 from the same publication is all about the notoriety of her arrest and imprisonment.  For both it's ghoulish.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Talis

It's sadly all about the notoriety of his death.  Just as Rhea being #1 from the same publication is all about the notoriety of her arrest and imprisonment.  For both it's ghoulish.

Agree but Rhea is at least understandable. At least she's alive and she's lived through so much trauma that something like this might give her a bit of a boost that there are people out there that still like her and she isn't being abandoned by the media/industry. 

Everyone knows it's not organic and she wouldn't have made it without the SSR mess. But she handled herself pretty well under all the scrutiny and has her whole life ahead of her. But since they put her on the list, they HAD to put Sushant to avoid the outrage. And now this pointless list will get lots of attention based on Sushant and Rhea or else who even cares about it. So it's a win win for the Times Group.

priya185 thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Agree but Rhea is at least understandable. At least she's alive and she's lived through so much trauma that something like this might give her a bit of a boost that there are people out there that still like her and she isn't being abandoned by the media/industry. 

Everyone knows it's not organic and she wouldn't have made it without the SSR mess. But she handled herself pretty well under all the scrutiny and has her whole life ahead of her. But since they put her on the list, they HAD to put Sushant to avoid the outrage. And now this pointless list will get lots of attention based on Sushant and Rhea or else who even cares about it. So it's a win win for the Times Group.

I disagree I think Rhea was talked about but she is not desirable most people are hating on her. She is talked about so much because of sushant. She talked badly about sushant and some of her so called friends 

If they just had sushant topping male list that would be good enough for publicity. Putting rhea as one is not justified in my opinion

blue-ice.1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kar08

I wonder what peace a 75 year old man can possibly get from knowing that his dead son - whom he lost in the most tragic circumstances- has topped some newspaper’s list of desirable men ..

The 75 year old's young son is gone...there is not a bigger weight on the parents; than the death of a child....hope no one has to go through it......we r not in their shoes.....so we don't know...maybe every show of support however flimsy and superficial that might be to us...brings them a little peace...after SSR passed away we all saw....how overwhelmed the family was with all the support.....this is my way to look at things....a little different perspective thats all...no one has to agree....

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Men's list came out before women lol what logic is that?!.. Also what's understandable is Sush was actually voted by people (just like how Dil bechara was made most liked trailer) but Rhea clearly couldn't have gotten that many votes even with all the sympathy. It's just a publicity stunt by newspaper and also great PR work by Rhea. She apparently was again in news for being offered to play Draupadi😂 in some movie