Knowing Raghav and Understanding Raghav.🖤

Posted: 2 years ago

Knowing and Understanding are two different words with two different meanings. 

• In one of previous episodes Pallavi said that her life won't be enough to understand Raghav.
  • In Saturday's episode she said that she knows Raghav better than he knows himself. 
  • In today's episode, she said that she dont know if she can ever understand Raghav. 

The purpose of this post is to discuss something as I saw many comments about what Pallavi said on Saturday and to correct myself about a comment I made. 

After Saturday's episode I posted a comment somewhere that she said she knows Raghav better than he knows himself when she had already decided that her life won't be enough to understand him.  After today's episode I realized that both of them are two different things.  

Knowing a person and understanding a person are different, it is connected though. ❤️

You can't understand a person without knowing them but you can know a person without understanding them. Understanding always comes after knowing. Knowing is an easy task but understanding is not. 

So when Pallavi said that she knows Raghav, she did mean that she knows how he will act and react to certain situations and when she said that she don't understand him, she meant that she didn't know why he acts and reacts the particular way he do.  

So whats you all think about this?  

Wasn't Pallavi right the both times?  She do know him but she don't understand him. 💔

@RosyRosh: Rosh, I'm tagging you because I saw your comment about this, that you didn't like what Pallavi said about knowing him better than himself and even I replied that I didn't like it too. 😆

Edited by LoveHopeMagic - 2 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Beautiful interpretation Kee 🗝️

Yes knowing and understanding are different, like what and why. What will you do and why will you do. 

I haven't watched today's episode so I don't know if my opinion will change after that... but as of now I think Pallavi neither knows nor understands Raghav. I agree with you that knowing comes first.

You can't understand a person without knowing them but you can know a person without understanding them.

Absolutely agree with this 💯

However, I feel there are many facets to Raghav that Pallavi doesn't even know yet, and that is because they've never discussed his past. And I don't just mean about his family's death and his estrangement with amma. Does she know anything about his life as a don? Does she know the principles he works on? Does she know anything about his experience as a businessman? The struggles he faced, the lessons he learnt? Does she know even the little things, like what is his favourite colour, food, vacation spot... if he has any good memories associated with these favourites?

Understanding might be different and more complex than knowing, but a lot of it comes hand in hand. I also feel that the day Pallavi truly knows him better than himself, she will have understood him too. But for that they need to exchange thoughts, have some discussions, speak about their own experiences in life. I guess we'll get some of that in the poolside date and the bedroom scene later.

But I'll also say what I said in my own post. Pallavi acts on her heart, she doesn't analyse things before saying them, she just goes ahead and says it. I feel like she said that line because her heart has already started to see Raghav as a good person, and she knew in that moment he needed that reassurance. He needed to hear that she trusted him fully... that's why she went out of her way to make him believe that.

Edited by Bee222 - 2 years ago
Originally posted by Shri_12

Beautiful interpretation Kee 🗝️

Yes knowing and understanding are different, like what and why. What will you do and why will you do. 

Thanks shri... 

Yep. That's what I was implementing. 

Now you also using this key,  may be 🐝 will get upset. 🤣

Originally posted by LoveHopeMagic

Knowing and Understanding are two different words with two different meanings. 

• In one of previous episodes Pallavi said that her life won't be enough to understand Raghav.
  • In Saturday's episode she said that she knows Raghav better than he knows himself. 
  • In today's episode, she said that she dont know if she can ever understand Raghav. 

The purpose of this post is to discuss something as I saw many comments about what Pallavi said on Saturday and to correct myself about a comment I made. 

After Saturday's episode I posted a comment somewhere that she said she knows Raghav better than he knows himself when she had already decided that her life won't be enough to understand him.  After today's episode I realized that both of them are two different things.  

Knowing a person and understanding a person is different, it is connected though. ❤️

You can't understand a person without knowing them but you can know a person without understanding them. Understanding always comes after knowing. Knowing is an easy task but understanding is not. 

So when Pallavi said that she knows Raghav, she did mean that she knows how he will act and react to certain situations and when she said that she don't understand him, she meant that she didn't know why he acts and reacts the particular way he do.  

So whats you all think about this?  

Wasn't Pallavi right the both times?  She do know him but she don't understand him. 💔

@RosyRosh: Rosh, I'm tagging you because I saw your comment about this, that you didn't like what Pallavi said about knowing him better than himself and even I replied that I didn't like it too. 😆

I remember yours and Rosy's comments on that scene from Saturday. I read the whole thred believe me, but I chose not to comment anything. The point that understanding and knowing are two different things yet connected is completely true. 

Pallavi has known him better than he himself knows him way before their marriage. Remember the day when Raghav went with legal papers to Pallavi's shop. She straightaway said to Krishna that he was there to just scare them. And that was true. Had the Keerthi case not happened it was indeed a phuski bomb from Raghav's end. That is why she does know him and also knows that he will never backstab anyone because that is neither in his character nor his nature.

Understanding him was to understand his actions well. She wants to understand his emotions his thoughts his views because she knows what questions and taunts he would give her on different situations but she doesn't understand the meaning behind those questions just like the vat Savitri scene...where she did not understand anything until he pointed it out himself. Now she wants to understand if this marriage is an actual marriage for him or not because she has started accepting it... that's what she told Amma anyways.

Sorry if I had hurt anyone by not commenting on Saturday's topic but somehow that I felt it was not the time for me to discuss

Originally posted by Bee222

I haven't watched today's episode so I don't know if my opinion will change after that... but as of now I think Pallavi neither knows nor understands Raghav. I agree with you that knowing comes first.

You can't understand a person without knowing them but you can know a person without understanding them.

Absolutely agree with this 💯

However, I feel there are many facets to Raghav that Pallavi doesn't even know yet, and that is because they've never discussed his past. And I don't just mean about his family's death and his estrangement with amma. Does she know anything about his life as a don? Does she know the principles he works on? Does she know anything about his experience as a businessman? The struggles he faced, the lessons he learnt? Does she know even the little things, like what is his favourite colour, food, vacation spot... if he has any good memories associated with these favourites?

Understanding might be different and more complex than knowing, but a lot of it comes hand in hand. I also feel that the day Pallavi truly knows him better than himself, she will have understood him too. But for that they need to exchange thoughts, have some discussions, speak about their own experiences in life. I guess we'll get some of that in the poolside date and the bedroom scene later.

But I'll also say what I said in my own post. Pallavi acts on her heart, she doesn't analyse things before saying them, she just goes ahead and says it. I feel like she said that line because her heart has already started to see Raghav as a good person, and she knew in that moment he needed that reassurance. He needed to hear that she trusted him fully... that's why she went out of her way to make him believe that.

I agree Bee. She doesn't know him better than himself because there are alot of things that she is still unaware of but she do know him as a person that's what I think. 

And all the things you mentioned she doesn't know, she will get to know and that's how she is going to understand him.  ❤️

I think it's like a thread. 

You first see a person - spend time with them(for whatever reasons) - and you know the person - You know them deeply - and the understanding happens. 

And I think now Raghvi is in the stage of knowing each other deeply. 

Well acc to me when Pallu said she knows Raghav better than him.

She was talking about his potential to do something. Like with friends also we can vouch for facts that we know he/she is not capable of doing a certain thing. 

I think that's what Pallu meant. As she even claimed in front of her baba that whatever RR does he accepts it proudly and doesn't defend himself. So I feel she knows his capability of doing something or not as she has understood him that much in these many days.

But understanding a person can take longer. I may say that I know my friend is not capable of doing a certain thing, but do I understand them fully is something else.

Understanding would be something like I can also predict their moods, how they react to situations basically knowing that person inside out. 

Pallu doesn't know Raghav inside out she is still discovering his softer side that she had never seen. But she very well knows what he is capable or not capable of doing.

So I think it's just that diff.

Thanks shri... 

Yep. That's what I was implementing. 

Now you also using this key,  may be 🐝 will get upset. 🤣

Yes, I noticed that Shri... and I'm not liking it! 🤔

Was about to tell her off phir post likhte likhte bhool gayi 🤪🤣

Anyway... 🗝️ is mine! Lay off the emoji! 🤔

Originally posted by Bee222

Yes, I noticed that Shri... and I'm not liking it! 🤔

Was about to tell her off phir post likhte likhte bhool gayi 🤪🤣

Anyway... 🗝️ is mine! Lay off the emoji! 🤔

I agree Bee. She doesn't know him better than himself because there are alot of things that she is still unaware of but she do know him as a person that's what I think. 

And all the things you mentioned she doesn't know, she will get to know and that's how she is going to understand him.  ❤️

I think it's like a thread. 

You first see a person - spend time with them(for whatever reasons) - and you know the person - You know them deeply - and the understanding happens. 

And I think now Raghvi is in the stage of knowing each other deeply. 

@bold: Exactly 😳