Silence and lack of sense

desiseriesfan thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Personally, I really respect TV male actors and I do believe that disoustorus role makes them weak in front of audience.

Today, when Aarav was silent and Reema's father was giving up his "pagri" in front of Gitanjali Devi it seemed nothing but degrading. Their lack of self respect was killing me. Why they can't be strong? Today Aarav didn't say a word and he was surrounded by too many pathetic women. I understand the pain a father feels at this type of situation but still it is very degrading to show a father in each and every serial that much disrespected. It is very wrong to portray male characters this much weak and silent only because mostly woman watches serials. It is not necessary to portray male character a helpless victim to portray another female character strong when it is not necessary at all. 

Series and movies are nothing but a fantasy story, I request makers and writers to make fantasy story close to reality. Because in reality men are very vocal and this is something that should be portrayed. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Plus, watching characters be strong and stand up for what’s right is a good feeling. 

I’m not sure why the leads are always mute. Simar, Aarav, Badi Simar. All were useless. 

piyali_rockstar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

So this is 2021 and what do we see - glorification of a docile female lead who does not have a presence of her own. She pines for a man she barely knows - Aarav. A father who for the sake of getting one daughter settled into a family he barely knows willingly gives up his other daughter. Reema is villainized for having dreams of her own and wanting to be more than just a wife or daughter in law. She is bad because of the kind of clothes she aspires to wear and the career she chooses to embark upon. Can we please flesh out something new? Can we please show Reema as self centered - someone who is not sensitive towards others feelings - can she not be portrayed in a negative way because of the career she chooses to embark upon. 

And what is Geethanjali Oswal looking for? Another mother for her grandson? This is so upsetting to see such BS being served on TV when so many good tracks could be focused upon - the whole balancing act between the house and the career, difference of opinions between the Narayans and the Oswals due to their different upbringings could be shown, but no all that we get served is the glorification of a female lead with no backbone and a so called middle class family which has no self respect - willing to lay the padgi down for something like marriage of their daughter. I can never imagine any family willing to carry on with a marriage of their educated daughter in such a manner. Oswals refuse to consider the wishes of the other family in listing out the functions of a wedding - how supportive will they be of the girl entering their household. 

Aarav does not speak a word to support Reema - for someone so much in love, this is plainly disappointing. How can Narayan family expect any support for their daughter Reema in the family?

All in All - another disappointing iTV show.

Edited by piyali_rockstar - 2 years ago