Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: dramebaaz.af

oh for sure. wouldn't say that the US shows are quality shows as well. Recently we have the archie adaptation Riverdale and it's been a real joke. I'm a huge fan of nbc comedies and for the most part also got into shows like this is us which is also on nbc. 

I think the disconnect with the actors comes from the fact they never truly digested the show's content. Of course as viewers, especially those who've been around all ten years they've engaged with the content more than the actors personal lives. 

the only other itv show I watched start to end was kuch rang pyar ke and it was a finite show with a cohesive story line. Something like that where all the characters stuck to the roles they were offered, narratives didn't change etc is much more viable as a transition from daily soaps on itv. I also think Pakistani dramas are a good inspiration especially with the success they found on zee zindagi. You can have shows like iss pyar ko exist in multiple seasons and the same amount of episodes if you allow every person involved from creation to execution to truly understand and fall in love with the content. 

regardless, I am glad to see the actors doing their level best at connecting with the fans despite never having that foundation with their roles whilst playing those characters. If I would get a chance to talk to someone about this show in the fanatical way I find myself over here, I think I would like to talk to the directors and story concept writers!

Oh yes, the regressive and ridiculous elements of the show are not something any of them could have resonated with. They might have understood them as actors but they are done playing the roles  And, frankly, what else can they say about the show?

The fandom, at large, is such that they, especially Barun cannot talk about it critically beyond a point.

So, I don't know what people expect them to say, really

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Bluegrass

Of course, the absolutely regressive and laughable elements are such that none of them including the writers resonate with. And, frankly, what else can they say about the show? I have engaged with the fandom for a few days but out it seems as such that they, especially Barun cannot talk about it critically. What else can they talk about?

of course! especially when you look at the show at surface level, the sexist and misogynistic troupes, along with declining production value throughout, and limited wardrobe are one of few things which make the show hard to connect especially while you're playing the part because external factors appeared to be the least invested ones. 

the side actors who perhaps want to talk about the show, besides Abhas and Daljeet can't really say much because they never got to engage with their roles as much. 

I think one of the flaws of the show were that the comedic scenes albeit light hearted were lazily written. itv has a trend of undervaluing the critical thinking skills of their audience. despite that, I've been here for all of the ten years and the idealistic love definitely did it's best to lure me in time and time again. or perhaps it was combination of impressionable age and nostalgia. 🤔😊

I do find it funny with Barun being unable to engage with own character critically because out of all the characters', Arnav was the most well written and consistent character. His trauma resides in every interaction and him being annoyed at every other family member definitely gives us an insight into his psyche to the extent that it doesn't with other characters. But again, I had time to watch the episodes whereas he was shooting disjointed scenes back to back. 

dramebaaz.af thumbnail

Originally posted by: manya17699

I feel we are one hell of a lucky fandom.

So many shows were successful ten years back and how many of them had tried reconnecting with fans by giving them literally 3 interviews on the decade celebration of the show. 

SARUN had a choice.If they didn't want to give an interview,no one could have forced them but they still chose to come together.They chose to respect their fans.I know interviews might not have been perfect but atleast they were fun to watch and made everyone giggle atleast one 

No matter how chaotic the live was,but it still was fun and made some of us nostalgic.Basically we got everything in the 3 interviews.

1.Off-screen chemistry which fans missed during show's segment 10years back: INSTAGRAM LIVE

2.Sarun's bonding: Griha's coffee segment

3.celebration of IPK and it's importance in their life: PEEPING MOON SEGMENT

P.S :I think we were too quick in judging it.its quite ironic that I am writing this as I felt very let down and bitter after the interviews but now when I am over my nostalgia and way rational now,I feel Sarun gave us more than any lead of itv could give to their fandom.

I think by itv standards, this was a good celebration. I think also with lockdown and all of their projects being postponed, they had time to ponder over the effect of IPKKND, not to mention IPKKND being dubbed and aired all across the world consistently. Their following in Turkey and Indonesia alone is worthy of admiration. No other television show has accomplished this. 

but then itv shows aren't also created to be engaged with critically. they are created for trps and bored housewives, under estimating their intelligence. IPK got extremely lucky with it's audience, with an intermingling exposure of social media, fandoms, and on-air following. the cult status of IPK isn't something that any other show has been able to replicate. I think with lockdown etc, (which is when I returned to the forum again) everyone had a little more time to digest and think about life in general. Actors are always on hunt for their next project because no one likes being unemployed for that long so these interviews were definitely them doing their best to acknowledge how IPK changed their life. 

Bluegrass thumbnail

of course! especially when you look at the show at surface level, the sexist and misogynistic troupes, along with declining production value throughout, and limited wardrobe are one of few things which make the show hard to connect especially while you're playing the part because external factors appeared to be the least invested ones. 

the side actors who perhaps want to talk about the show, besides Abhas and Daljeet can't really say much because they never got to engage with their roles as much. 

I think one of the flaws of the show were that the comedic scenes albeit light hearted were lazily written. itv has a trend of undervaluing the critical thinking skills of their audience. despite that, I've been here for all of the ten years and the idealistic love definitely did it's best to lure me in time and time again. or perhaps it was combination of impressionable age and nostalgia. 🤔😊

I do find it funny with Barun being unable to engage with own character critically because out of all the characters', Arnav was the most well written and consistent character. His trauma resides in every interaction and him being annoyed at every other family member definitely gives us an insight into his psyche to the extent that it doesn't with other characters. But again, I had time to watch the episodes whereas he was shooting disjointed scenes back to back. 

I think Sobti has a lot of insight into how ambivalent and complicated a character Arnav was but he neither gets asked such questions nor can he critique the show without getting bashed by a large number of people, if the "Rabba Ve" question was any indication.

dramebaaz.af thumbnail

I think Sobti has a lot of insight into how ambivalent and complicated a character Arnav was but he neither gets asked such questions nor can he critique the show without getting bashed by a large number of people, if the "Rabba Ve" question was any indication.

I do get the jist of that and god yeah, some of the questions while IPKKND related were just outwardly! I mean why would they think about background scores like we do. 

ah well! 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I think Arnav’s character is often downplayed. “Gussa hi toh karna tha”.

Come on, he wouldn’t blabber like Khushi and had lesser dialogues to mouth. But he had to convey his feeling without talking too much.

I have never see a ML on ITV express like Barun does. Especially his first apology to Khushi was so good. (It was shot beautifully too) I have been watching other Gul’s shows too but Barun and Sanaya, in terms of acting were another level. Similar romantic sequences are often copied from IPKKND for her own shows but the magic is never recreated.. (I recently started watching IPZN, and watched the holi episode which was a bit similar - getting high and confessing feelings; IPKKND had better scripting, better acting, better everything, the leads were gorgeous too!!)

Bluegrass thumbnail

I do get the jist of that and god yeah, some of the questions while IPKKND related were just outwardly! I mean why would they think about background scores like we do. 

ah well! 

It's been 10 years, and if they don't get to talk intelligently, there's nothing much that they haven't said in last 10 years, lol. I don't know what exactly fans want from them. I think, many wish for Sobti to gush about the show but he's a typical hazir jawab Punjabi, lolol

dramebaaz.af thumbnail

I would say that Gul's shows after IPKKND were her trying to write a more better and polished version of IPKKND. Shivaay was similar to Arnav except he was more extroverted. Asad was wayyy too similar to Arnav. Haven't actually watched nay other of GK's shows besides first 70 episodes of Ishqbaaaz. Her leads in Omkara and Ishana had a lot of potential but the show went through a narrative change with Omkara.

Barun is an extremely underrated actor. He's got it in him to carry a proper big budget bollywood film and the nuance he brought to Arnav's role, ah each flicker change in eyes and face was simply understated. I don't think anyone else could've done the role of Arnav justice. IPK was truly one of a kind when it came on air. It's success led to all these other shows trying out the anti-hero troupe except Arnav wasn't sexist. Arnav was classist which is much more different in terms of social implications of directing such characters. 

dramebaaz.af thumbnail

It's been 10 years, and if they don't get to talk intelligently, there's nothing much that they haven't said in last 10 years, lol. I don't know what exactly fans want from them. I think, many wish for Sobti to gush about the show but he's a typical hazir jawab Punjabi, lolol

people definitely tend to forget that actors aren't their characters. I would say Sobti's public persona has actually gotten much more refined since his IPK days! I am also unsure what people expect from them. I think if they hadn't;t done interviews and stuck to an instagram post like Sanaya did, it would've been perfectly fine. 

Bluegrass thumbnail

I would say that Gul's shows after IPKKND were her trying to write a more better and polished version of IPKKND. Shivaay was similar to Arnav except he was more extroverted. Asad was wayyy too similar to Arnav. Haven't actually watched nay other of GK's shows besides first 70 episodes of Ishqbaaaz. Her leads in Omkara and Ishana had a lot of potential but the show went through a narrative change with Omkara.

Barun is an extremely underrated actor. He's got it in him to carry a proper big budget bollywood film and the nuance he brought to Arnav's role, ah each flicker change in eyes and face was simply understated. I don't think anyone else could've done the role of Arnav justice. IPK was truly one of a kind when it came on air. It's success led to all these other shows trying out the anti-hero troupe except Arnav wasn't sexist. Arnav was classist which is much more different in terms of social implications of directing such characters. 

Gul tries to produce designer version of IPK repeatedly where the writing and direction just takes the backseat. That's also what happened with Tanhayian.

Secondly, she romanticises abuse which was problematic enough in IPK and Ishqbaaz but went absolutely bonkers in other shows