Oh My God 2: Paresh Rawal out, Pankaj Tripathi joins Akshay Kumar - Page 2

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by AwaamKiJaan

Does Akshay think BJP would lose it's government in the next election?

Otherwise why him now being a BJP and Modi supporter would make a movie where he would joke about God and religion (especially Hinduism), something which the bhakts would obviously be against. 

Wo toh already laxmi main kar chuka hai ðŸ˜†

Ram setu for bhakta , omg2 for namazis

Perfectly balanced

Originally posted by Rekha_ji

Where did you read the script? ðŸ˜‚

Don't you think Akshay Kumar will use this as an opportunity to cleanse the image of the prequel by making sure that it's sequel represents something that the right-wing will eat up?

I wonder if they'll make it anti-Islamic this time around. Wouldn't surprise me. ðŸ˜‰

I didn't read the script but this sequel of OMG ain't going to deviate much from the original film in it's main topic, considering Akshay is again playing a God as mentioned in the article.

So the topic would be God and religion only. OMG criticized almost all religions including Islam. Now going specifically behind another religion like Islam or Christianity to please the bhakts would just seem unnecessary and for the sake of it. 

But then making a sequel of OMG itself is unnecessary as in my opinion they don't have anything else to say on this topic, so high chances the reason for making this film is only political. 

Maybe they would please the right wing by making the sequel apologize for making jokes on Hinduism in the first film, and calling all their malpractices good and genuine, which would make the prequel completely pointless. 

Originally posted by S_H_Y

Wo toh already laxmi main kar chuka hai ðŸ˜†

Ram setu for bhakta , omg2 for namazis

Perfectly balanced

I thought Laxmmi was a mistake, but looks like Akshay really wants to break his ties with BJP now.