Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

They do know there are scores of other amazing stories in Indian/Hindu mythology right?

Is this going to be like Bhagat Singh phase of early 2000? We had legend of bhagat singh, 23rd march: Shaheed and Shaheed-e-azam releasing in the same year. 

Now everyone is chasing after Ramayann stories and related off shoots - Adipurush, this one, Ram Setu, etc etc

Given the iq and general awareness of bollywood i hardly doubt that part😆

JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

What Kareena lacks in grace she makes up for with gravitas. You can cover up grace by focusing on other aspects, but an actor that lacks the weight required to hold these heavy period roles afloat dampens the entire piece.

IMO Kareena would be the better choice. She certainly has the talent, looks, and gravitas to make it work. However, I highly doubt her and Hrithik would ever work together... I bet he will find a way out somehow if Kareena gets it lol. Although since they're not paired together, maybe he'll stick with it.

Also, Deepika needs to lay off the period movies for a long while; she's pretty enough, but the genre generally isn't her strong suit at all (RL worked for her because it was more a fun fantasy than period).

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JeanieBeanie

What Kareena lacks in grace she makes up for with gravitas. You can cover up grace by focusing on other aspects, but an actor that lacks the weight required to hold these heavy period roles afloat dampens the entire piece.

IMO Kareena would be the better choice. She certainly has the talent, looks, and gravitas to make it work. However, I highly doubt her and Hrithik would ever work together... I bet he will find a way out somehow if Kareena gets it lol. Although since they're not paired together, maybe he'll stick with it.

Also, Deepika needs to lay off the period movies for a long while; she's pretty enough, but the genre generally isn't her strong suit at all (RL worked for her because it was more a fun fantasy than period).

HR was ready to work with Kareena on Shuddhi.  He didn't leave the project but was pushed out by Karan Maholtra who did not want to wait for him after his brain blood clot surgery during Bang Bang pushed the filming back a few months.

I agree that gravitas is more important than grace for these kinds of roles and films.

JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Talis

HR was ready to work with Kareena on Shuddhi.  He didn't leave the project but was pushed out by Karan Maholtra who did not want to wait for him after his brain blood clot surgery during Bang Bang pushed the filming back a few months.

I agree that gravitas is more important than grace for these kinds of roles and films.

That's not true. The shooting for Shuddhi initially got delayed because of the surgery but was later expected to start a few months post surgery. But when it seemed like the shooting was going to start soon, Hrithik pulled out to do Ashutosh's Mohenjodaro. It became an either/or situation for him and he chose the latter. I followed the Shuddhi news obsessively because I was dying to see Hrithik and Kareena again, so I remember what happened clearly lol. My original point was that something always happens where Hrithik pulls out and these two never manage to actually work together.

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JeanieBeanie

That's not true. The shooting for Shuddhi initially got delayed because of the surgery but was later expected to start a few months post surgery. But when it seemed like the shooting was going to start soon, Hrithik pulled out to do Ashutosh's Mohenjodaro. It became an either/or situation for him and he chose the latter. I followed the Shuddhi news obsessively because I was dying to see Hrithik and Kareena again, so I remember what happened clearly lol. My original point was that something always happens where Hrithik pulls out and these two never manage to actually work together.

No he didn't pull out for MD.   He came back to MD after when he lost a couple of projects because of the brain surgery and said Ashutosh was the only one who waited for him.

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/I-have-made-many-new-friends/articleshow/42381908.cms

At that time I had just learnt that Karan (Malhotra) wanted to go ahead with Shuddhi which had been in limbo for a long time, following my accident. I respected that, it’s only his second film, and gave him a dignified way to move on by  announcing that I was opting out.

At a time, when those whom I considered friends wanted to go without me, here was a man (Ashutosh) who stood by me for three years. I owed it to him to read his script. And once I did, I was blown away. I signed Mohenjo-Daro in two minutes.

Edited by Talis - 2 years ago
JeanieBeanie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Talis

No he didn't pull out for MD.   He came back to MD after when he lost a couple of projects because of the brain surgery and said Ashutosh was the only one who waited for him.

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/I-have-made-many-new-friends/articleshow/42381908.cms

At that time I had just learnt that Karan (Malhotra) wanted to go ahead with Shuddhi which had been in limbo for a long time, following my accident. I respected that, it’s only his second film, and gave him a dignified way to move on by  announcing that I was opting out.

At a time, when those whom I considered friends wanted to go without me, here was a man (Ashutosh) who stood by me for three years. I owed it to him to read his script. And once I did, I was blown away. I signed Mohenjo-Daro in two minutes.

I stand corrected. I was under the impression that Hrithik kept further delaying the film post surgery for reasons and then chose MD over it. Seems he clarified it later and I missed it.

Well, guess it was Karan Malhotra's huge huge mistake (and a terribly dumb one too) to not wait because that movie would've been a massive hit JUST from the hype of everyone wanting to see Hrithik and Kareena again.

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

My impression was that Kareena is doing an entirely different film on Sita. 

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Both would suit the role of Raavan’s sister more than Sita

BhetuPunha thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Neither Kareena Kapoor or Deepika Padukone but Pooja Hegde Or Manushi Chillar 👍🏼

MaalGang thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Koviljika34

Ahem yes! Kareena looks very luminous and radiant without makeup and her flawless, glowing complexion is another plus point!

Whereas your Deepu darling on the other hand looks like THIS without makeup.....

https://i.ibb.co/HN0pt4C/08spotted.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ec/ae/a3/ecaea384e394e8dc41a35c6ece1245cd.jpg

she is gorgeous