Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Rather than who should/would or not be playing a certain role, I'm more concerned about  execution.

Mythologies should not be touched if the director, the ensemble and the entire team are not sure about getting its ethos and pathos right.

Edited by bashful_moon - 2 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Why are there so many films being made on the same subject? Om Raut has already started the Prabash and Saif starter Adipursh on Ram and Raavan. 

Then there's this one, AND another one being planned with Kareena apparently from Sita's perspective?

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

If bolly making , big no n dis two no , meh ðŸ¥±

Originally posted by: Talis

SLB likes DP teary eyed - also sick and feverish looking.😆

The set was made already, and it was shocking, her (Kareena Kapoor) exit 10 days before shooting. So, I went to Deepika. She was unwell and she had fever, and she was beautiful. The neck was so long and those watery gorgeous eyes! I thought, what is this girl all about?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AnchoredSoggyGarpike-max-1mb.gif

Edited by Koviljika34 - 2 years ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Deepika was superb in Ram Leela..she was not expressionless..she only became when SLB gave her pretty much nothing to do except for being pretty in movies like BM and Padmavat

It all boils down to how well written the role is

Since dp has done so many of those..i won't mind kareena but grace does not come naturally to her so she would need to work very hard..lets see how she does

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

I wish to see Deepika and Hrithik together but I also want Kareena and Hrithik to work together again. 

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Deepika was superb in Ram Leela..she was not expressionless..she only became when SLB gave her pretty much nothing to do except for being pretty in movies like BM and Padmavat

Sorry but I respectfully beg to differ!

Both BM and Padmavat exposed her limitations as a performer because in BM, she had to rely on her dialogue delivery since she had many monologues but she failed to click because her dialogue delivery is simply awful, so she came across as flat and one-note! and even in Padmavat, she failed to make an impact in her only big scene(towards the climax) because once again it was full of dialogues but her robotic delivery ruined the whole moment completely all over again!

There is a reason why PC overshadowed her completely in BM and walked away with all the MVP notes...and the less said about Padmavat, the better!

So yeah....Deepika is no better than Katrina onscreen because she's equally wooden and lifeless with horrible dialogue delivery! She just happens to be a little bit expressive than Kat but that's about it.

Now Kareena on the other hand may not be naturally graceful but still she's 100x prettier than Deepika and Kareena also has those posh, regal looks which DP sorely lacks!

MaalGang thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Kareena is prettier than Deepika? ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£

Ok beauty and taste is subjective and opinions everyone has lmao and coming for some people it’s not even opinion anymore they be making think piece in every Deepika’s thread. It’s so embarrassing at this point.

I will tell them to get a life but it’s Deepika their life

I do not want to see Deepika is another period movie so Bebo can have it. She deserves lighthearted, bubbly and cute movies after a decade. I want to see her exploring more genre before she locks herself in motherhood.  

Edited by MaalGang - 2 years ago

Originally posted by: MaalGang

Kareena is prettier than Deepika? ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£

Ok beauty and taste is subjective and opinions everyone has lmao and coming for some people it’s not even opinion anymore they be making think piece in every Deepika’s thread. It’s so embarrassing at this point.

I will tell them to get a life but it’s Deepika their life

I do not want to see Deepika is another period movie so Bebo can have it. She deserves lighthearted, bubbly and cute movies after a decade. I want to see her exploring more genre before she locks herself in motherhood.  

Ahem yes! Kareena looks very luminous and radiant without makeup and her flawless, glowing complexion is another plus point!

Whereas your Deepu darling on the other hand looks like THIS without makeup.....

https://i.ibb.co/HN0pt4C/08spotted.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ec/ae/a3/ecaea384e394e8dc41a35c6ece1245cd.jpg

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

They do know there are scores of other amazing stories in Indian/Hindu mythology right?

Is this going to be like Bhagat Singh phase of early 2000? We had legend of bhagat singh, 23rd march: Shaheed and Shaheed-e-azam releasing in the same year. 

Now everyone is chasing after Ramayann stories and related off shoots - Adipurush, this one, Ram Setu, etc etc

Edited by CrimeMasterToto - 2 years ago