Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Felicie thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: anshika5103

I guess you are right.. about Shiva harbouring a subconscious crush on Raavi for years and the way he looked down on his outfit when raavi acknowledged his appearance was❤️ ... But I do feel the fact that he is attracted towards raavi is not hidden to him.. deep down he knows what he feels for her.. may be not love but may be crush kinda thing.

I get the same feeling too - he is quite aware of his attraction to her but he seems to actively suppress any thoughts about the feelings he might have for her. The crush is mostly subconscious, perhaps because he's spend a lot of time convincing himself he "hates (lol)" her, but the attraction doesn't escape his notice. 

ananyakhetarpal thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Felicie

I get the same feeling too - he is quite aware of his attraction to her but he seems to actively suppress any thoughts about the feelings he might have for her. The crush is mostly subconscious, perhaps because he's spend a lot of time convincing himself he "hates (lol)" her, but the attraction doesn't escape his notice. 

I think this would make that moment when he finally lets himself feel all his feelings for Raavi all the more beautiful! I think this could be the moment that it finally sinks in that she is his wife and they both can be so soo happy together ❤️

Felicie thumbnail

Originally posted by: milkcakejamun

I've been skeptical about all of this (considering how ITV likes to romanticize two people who are newlywed, even if in real life romance doesn't occur such quickly); however, some scenes have caused me to re-think things. Especially Shiva's side of the story... 

As many people have already suggested, Shiva's life seems to revolve around Raavi. He thinks about her. His feelings for her become that much more apparent when he's with her (compared to Rishita who gets a much more subdued version of his anger (i.e., no manhandling, just him talking back and speaking his mind). He becomes affected by her pain or even her fear (think back to the moment the goon touched her, Shiva became furious). He shares a level of comfort with her. He seems to value her opinion (how he seemed much happier when she acknowledged his new look), and in some ways, even seems to share her happiness (especially in the Gaumbi feeding scene).

He also seems to be doing a great job of letting everyone know Raavi's place in the house. The first time she comes to the Pandya house as a newly married bride, he tells everyone, "Her name is Raavi, and she holds the same rights as you [Rishita]." And in yesterday's episode, he reminds Krish that Raavi is his bhabi. I agree with everything you have said, pre-occupied Shiva speaks the truth, and probably nothing but the truth. He even seemed surprised/slightly regretful he admitted it, but he wasn't too worked up over it (suggesting that he is comfortable with the idea of his bhabi and bhai knowing the truth). 

For me, what "sealed" the deal that he liked Raavi is the moment he gazed over at her with the proud expression. Time and time again, I have watched ITV shows of a love-hate couple who are downright angry or pissed when their better half is praised by the family. They become jealous of the attention being diverted away from them. But not Shiva. He seemed so happy for his wife, and he probably was even happier that he was able to witness such a scene. Even the scene where he walks out in his black shirt for the first time... his eyes were trained on her. After being complimented by Dhara, the gaze he sent towards Raavi (at least what I interpreted was) seemed to suggest things along the lines of "Are you satisfied?/ I'm not as bad looking as you thought, huh?" Even at night when she slipped her feelings about the shirt, he seemed satisfied at the attention she gave him.

I believe it was @raingoddess who suggested the idea in the EDT, but we think that Shiva's father's death did a number on him. He probably tried to get rid of everyone related/related by extension to the event, and as such, his unexplained hatred began. But, I also think he was raised in a manner (whether it be from Suman, Gaumbi, or Dhara) to check his hatred. Considering how Shiva and Raavi are close in age, I'm thinking they had a decent friendship before the death (we actually don't know about their childhood before his father's death), and after Sr. Pandya's death, Shiva pushed her away. He seems to know everything about her, even things she doesn't seem to know herself... and I think part of it is that he's watched her grow up in front of him. It's easy to hate someone you don't know well, but it's very hard to hate someone who's constantly nice despite the number of blows you've delivered. And I think that is how Shiva subconsciously began to like her. Because somewhere deep inside, he knew she was nice and pretty. He knew she could never hate his family. 

Lovely post! I appreciate how well you've articulated everything here, nobody could've expanded on it better.  It's always a treat to read your responses❤️

I agree that itv tends to romanticise things too quick hence I kept being skeptical about this angle, chalking it down to the leads' chemistry in the initial episodes. At this point in the story tho ig it's pretty clear that's where they're headed with Shiva's feelings, so I can happily accept this idea as cannon now, my shipper heart is thankful 😆

About his father's death being the reason for him to push her away, that's something that occurred to me the moment I saw their first scene, him splashing the ice gola on her. It was harsh, intentionally so and that's the first thought that came into my mind as reasoning for his behaviour - I am very much on board with that idea. It makes sense, he would've been close to Raavi and there's a possiblity they were besties, like you said sharing everything and playing house and all ❤️

Shiva is her playmate among the three from what I understand, they'd have been the closest being in the same class and almost the same age. This would also explain how intense his reactions to her are compared to Anita and even Maami, it's like he has to deliberately spit venom at her, makes you ponder if it's not just to distance her from him as a coping mechanism but also to convince himself that he doesn't, shouldn't care. 

Despite all of it, she's still the same ball of sunshine he knew and still comes bouncing back to him in all her kindness - no matter how hard you try to snuff out affection before it blooms, behaviour like that is bound to chip away at your weak barricades. And when it comes to her, his barricades are weak, because he knows her real character and acknowledges it deep down. Her innocence, naivete and goodness of heart seeps through his MKBKB blinders and he knows he likes her - there's only so much you can do to deny a truth you are aware of. 

I believe Shiva's denial and rudeness can be atrributed to two factors from all that we've discussed in the forum about this:

1. His father's death, her connection to Mami

2. Her obsession with Dev, although this is not as major an influence as the other reason. 

Felicie thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShrutikaSwaRon

This just reminded me of Sharon Corner from Dil Dosti Dance.

You people (Transference, Felicie, Milkcakejamun) do such a great job at analyzing. Would love to have a daily analysis from you guys, gives a deeper understanding of the character. Thank you🤗

❤️

Thankyou, that's nice to hear. I would love to spend all my time gushing about these characters but I'm the sort of person who gets sucked into a rabbit hole if I get too involved with a show, hence I try and keep forum and sm obsession in check 🤣

That said, I do post a bit every few days here. And there are many woundeful discussions happening in the EDT daily, you can get great analyses from many people there too!

hedwig_potter thumbnail

Well everyone has already said whatever was needed to be said😆

Still I would like to offer my two cents.

Since Shiva was rather young when they lost their father and his family faced a hard time, it most definitely took a toll on him. He kind of, shut off his heart from venturing into that direction, I think.

Deeper in his mind, he has been attracted to Raavi after they reached a certain age, and subconsciously he has paid a lot of attention to her. But he never let himself acknowledge that. Which is why, those feelings never got a chance to fully develop into a crush. Now, I don't know whether this "state of mind" qualifies as a crush, a subconscious crush, or whatever other name we want to label it. But he most definitely does not love her yet.

Raavi's suicide attempt forced him to acknowledge that her existence matters to him. And once that dam was opened, his feelings have been rushing out. Her feelings matter to him, her opinions matter to him, her words create an impact, good or bad.

As to the fighting thing, which he claims is because of his hatred, he actually enjoys that nok-jhok (like we enjoy their nok-jhok)

Raavi on the other hand has also subconsciously paid a lot of attention to Shiva as well, but I am certain she did not like "like" him. She had a bit of an obesessive crush over Dev, but she didn't love him either, it was an infatuation. She was about to commit suicide, so the feelings must have run a bit deeper, but still I refuse to believe it was love. (You guys are allowed to agree or disagree)

I also believe she has also started moving on from Dev, if not completely moved on yet. She has also accepted her marriage, and personally I think a bit of atraction is also already there.

Though the conditions of marriage have been rocky and both were in a very vulnerable and delicate mindset, I am 100% sure they will have a very strong and healthy marriage.

Roroo thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I think he married raavi only because Dhara asked him too..

I think he is comfortable with her as they have known each other all their lives and shiva knows what type of person raavi is.. I don’t think he ever liked her in the romantic way

CheerlessIM thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

The moment in the wedding when she attempts suicide, He looked at that saafa with a blank expression like what could have happened if he didn't come on time .

N when she gain consciousness she went to him , n kept hitting him , His expression at that time are like he is in so much pain , seeing her so vulnerable 😪

He want to comfort her but can't express that 😔. 

I imagined by seeing that scene