Does Shiva like Raavi?

Posted: 2 years ago

I know we've all been mulling over the possibility of Shiva harbouring a subconscious crush on Raavi for years, some of his actions and looks before the marriage also suggested some attraction/softness towards her. 

While I've tried to stay cynical about this even though I feel the same at times, today's episode has me almost convinced. The way he says "dono" when Dhara asks him to specify what was ek number was a completely impulsive response. A preoccupied, distracted Shiva is an honest, unguarded Shiva. He wasn't bottling up his thoughts behind his rough and tough exterior in that moment, or the entire episode for that matter - the lad was too busy trying to sail a rocky boat haha. Hence, I believe what he said came out of his mouth before he could apply his MKBKB filter, and it's clear he didn't want that to slip out from his reaction. 

While Dhara and Gombi looked at him teasingly, I also felt a certain amount of real intrigue in their reaction - they seemed to be equally surprised to see him giving in without a fight when it came to complimenting Raavi. 

Another instance where his subconscious fondness for her comes into play is when he tells Krish to call her bhabhi - they were in a rush to execute the plan and get Krish out of the room yet he squeezes that line in, very organically too. He didn't have to say that right then, unless he recognises her position in the family and wants her to have that respect somewhere deep down. 

I could be reading too much into it, too. Perhaps he reminded Krish that just because Dhara wanted them to respect Rishita and Raavi and call them bhabhi. 

There are several other instances which I've interpreted in a similar manner, like the soft smile when Raavi got acknowledgement from Gombi during her pehli rasoii - to me, that was Shiva just being happy to see her happy and respected, especially after all the grief she suffered. 

However it was todays scene that really got me convinced that our headcannon could actually be true. What do you guys think? 

I feel the same way. He has spent almost all his life with her, even if it didn't start out this way it is entirely possible his feeling for Raavi changed and developed as they grew older.

He has a very intense and passionate response to everything that concerns her and maybe he doesn't realise this himself yet. 

I guess you are right.. about Shiva harbouring a subconscious crush on Raavi for years and the way he looked down on his outfit when raavi acknowledged his appearance was❤️ ... But I do feel the fact that he is attracted towards raavi is not hidden to him.. deep down he knows what he feels for her.. may be not love but may be crush kinda thing.

In one of the early post leap episodes gaumbi commented to shiva that raava was always on his mind or something lol so there def is some kind of subconscious feeling about raavi for shiva

The boy is definitely in denial about his feelings ❤️. They grew up together so not surprised at all if he has been crushing on Raavi all these years!

Originally posted by manny136

In one of the early post leap episodes gaumbi commented to shiva that raava was always on his mind or something lol so there def is some kind of subconscious feeling about raavi for shiva

Yeah in episode 42 I think he said something like "Teri duniya raavi ke aas paas ghumti hai" (I was rewatching some episodes after the leap and just saw this recently 😆)

I've been skeptical about all of this (considering how ITV likes to romanticize two people who are newlywed, even if in real life romance doesn't occur such quickly); however, some scenes have caused me to re-think things. Especially Shiva's side of the story... 

As many people have already suggested, Shiva's life seems to revolve around Raavi. He thinks about her. His feelings for her become that much more apparent when he's with her (compared to Rishita who gets a much more subdued version of his anger (i.e., no manhandling, just him talking back and speaking his mind). He becomes affected by her pain or even her fear (think back to the moment the goon touched her, Shiva became furious). He shares a level of comfort with her. He seems to value her opinion (how he seemed much happier when she acknowledged his new look), and in some ways, even seems to share her happiness (especially in the Gaumbi feeding scene).

He also seems to be doing a great job of letting everyone know Raavi's place in the house. The first time she comes to the Pandya house as a newly married bride, he tells everyone, "Her name is Raavi, and she holds the same rights as you [Rishita]." And in yesterday's episode, he reminds Krish that Raavi is his bhabi. I agree with everything you have said, pre-occupied Shiva speaks the truth, and probably nothing but the truth. He even seemed surprised/slightly regretful he admitted it, but he wasn't too worked up over it (suggesting that he is comfortable with the idea of his bhabi and bhai knowing the truth). 

For me, what "sealed" the deal that he liked Raavi is the moment he gazed over at her with the proud expression. Time and time again, I have watched ITV shows of a love-hate couple who are downright angry or pissed when their better half is praised by the family. They become jealous of the attention being diverted away from them. But not Shiva. He seemed so happy for his wife, and he probably was even happier that he was able to witness such a scene. Even the scene where he walks out in his black shirt for the first time... his eyes were trained on her. After being complimented by Dhara, the gaze he sent towards Raavi (at least what I interpreted was) seemed to suggest things along the lines of "Are you satisfied?/ I'm not as bad looking as you thought, huh?" Even at night when she slipped her feelings about the shirt, he seemed satisfied at the attention she gave him.

I believe it was @raingoddess who suggested the idea in the EDT, but we think that Shiva's father's death did a number on him. He probably tried to get rid of everyone related/related by extension to the event, and as such, his unexplained hatred began. But, I also think he was raised in a manner (whether it be from Suman, Gaumbi, or Dhara) to check his hatred. Considering how Shiva and Raavi are close in age, I'm thinking they had a decent friendship before the death (we actually don't know about their childhood before his father's death), and after Sr. Pandya's death, Shiva pushed her away. He seems to know everything about her, even things she doesn't seem to know herself... and I think part of it is that he's watched her grow up in front of him. It's easy to hate someone you don't know well, but it's very hard to hate someone who's constantly nice despite the number of blows you've delivered. And I think that is how Shiva subconsciously began to like her. Because somewhere deep inside, he knew she was nice and pretty. He knew she could never hate his family. 

Thank you for the fabulous post, Felicie. I might sound like a squeaky teeny bopper right now but I was actually waiting for a well articulated and thought out post like this. 
Special likes for @milkcakejamun for elaborating it further. (Apologies, I am terribly bad at remembering names, so addressed you both by your UN. )

The answer to your question is a BIG YES! No matter how archaic this trope sounds but only a few people can trigger such an intense reaction. Despite Anita being the major culprit in insulting Gaumbi at the altar, she doesn’t trigger such an intense reaction. Only Raavi does. Like we had multiple discussions on the EDT as well talking about Gaumbi pointing out Shiva’s obsession with Raavi. 

If we go back to the episodes, Shiva does secretly nurture a teeny bit of crush on her. You can see hints every now and then, specially during the scene where she hugs him after her marriage fixing with Dev. It’s there for a split second and then a quick snapping out. 
The camera pans and zooms at Shiva’s expression more and then he shoves her off. 

Well, in Dev’s case too, Shiva is the first one to recognise her madness and warn Dev to stay away from her. 

During the Haldi ceremony too, when the entire episode of a coward Dev blabbering the truth happens, his first reaction is relief, laughter and then worry for the situation. He seemed to hold a grudge at Dev from that very moment for leading her on. One should go back to the scene, it’s so poignant. Shiva elaborated Dev’s wrong messages to Raavi in that very scene, not only once,  but many times over. He repeated several times that Dev was the one who gave her false hopes. 

It’s not too hard for anyone to guess from those dialogues that deep down, Raavi had leavened the hard fibres of his heart. Her suicide shook him like anything. 

He initiated all the rituals, he agreed to Suman asking him to take care. If you see their post marital interactions, his anger always follows from her assumptions and rejections or else, he doesn’t really react that much. 

He got triggered when she blamed him for marrying her out of revenge. 

In short, there are many instances which subtly hint at an unknown attraction specially from Shiva’s side. I wish the CV’s actually delve into that deeper. Will be so anti-climatic for Raavi to see her emotions being mirrored by Shiva. She craved for a man for 10 years? While he burned for her for a decade. CV’s should do Something that gives us a deeper dive into his mind. He should have a secret space where anyone would least expect it, maybe some collectibles from their childhood like her earrings, toffee wrapper. 

I am sucker for such tropes 😆🤪 I would jump in joy if all these years, the Aag which he carries is partly due to his restlessness and burning for Raavi 

Edited by Transference - 2 years ago

Originally posted by Transference

Thank you for the fabulous post, Felicie. I might sound like a squeaky teeny bopper right now but I was actually waiting for a well articulated and thought out post like this. 
Special likes for @milkcakejamun for elaborating it further. (Apologies, I am terribly bad at remembering names, so addressed you both by your UN. )

The answer to your question is a BIG YES! No matter how archaic this trope sounds but only a few people can trigger such an intense reaction. Despite Anita being the major culprit in insulting Gaumbi at the altar, she doesn’t trigger such an intense reaction. Only Raavi does. Like we had multiple discussions on the EDT as well talking about Gaumbi pointing out Shiva’s obsession with Raavi. 

If we go back to the episodes, Shiva does secretly nurture a teeny bit of crush on her. You can see hints every now and then, specially during the scene where she hugs him after her marriage fixing with Dev. It’s there for a split second and then a quick snapping out. 
The camera pans and zooms at Shiva’s expression more and then he shoves her off. 

Well, in Dev’s case too, Shiva is the first one to recognise her madness and warn Dev to stay away from her. 

During the Haldi ceremony too, when the entire episode of a coward Dev blabbering the truth happens, his first reaction is relief, laughter and then worry for the situation. He seemed to hold a grudge at Dev from that very moment for leading her on. One should go back to the scene, it’s so poignant. Shiva elaborated Dev’s wrong messages to Raavi in that very scene, not only once,  but many times over. He repeated several times that Dev was the one who gave her false hopes. 

It’s not too hard for anyone to guess from those dialogues that deep down, Raavi had leavened the hard fibres of his heart. Her suicide shook him like anything. 

He initiated all the rituals, he agreed to Suman asking him to take care. If you see their post marital interactions, his anger always follows from her assumptions and rejections or else, he doesn’t really react that much. 

He got triggered when she blamed him for marrying her out of revenge. 

In short, there are many instances which subtly hint at an unknown attraction specially from Shiva’s side. I wish the CV’s actually delve into that deeper. Will be so anti-climatic for Raavi to see her emotions being mirrored by Shiva. She craved for a man for 10 years? While he burned for her for a decade. CV’s should do Something that gives us a deeper dive into his mind. He should have a secret space where anyone would least expect it, maybe some collectibles from their childhood like her earrings, toffee wrapper. 

I am sucker for such tropes 😆🤪 I would jump in joy if all these years, the Aag which he carries is partly due to his restlessness and burning for Raavi 

This just reminded me of Sharon Corner from Dil Dosti Dance.

You people (Transference, Felicie, Milkcakejamun) do such a great job at analyzing. Would love to have a daily analysis from you guys, gives a deeper understanding of the character. Thank you🤗

❤️

Shiva likes Raavi from the day one.

But he came to hate his whole maami family after his father's death.

He tried, but failed to extend this hatred towards Raavi. But he thought it's okay as long as he covered his affection with fake and baseless anger.

Alas, this plan backfired. When he pushed her away, she started leaning towards his brother Dev, the soft spoken one. 

He felt jealous and this converted his fake anger to real one. He did as much as he can do to keep them apart.

But when Dev and Raavi married got fixed, he was heartbroken and thought maybe they were never meant to be. And, he was happy for both of them. Dev got the best girl in the somnath and Raavi got her love.

After the big revelation, he was relived and super happy instantly for a second, but worried thinking how much this will break his Raavi's heart. This made him angry on Dev. If Dev had been truthful to Raavi from the beginning, he would have gotten a chance atleast.

Shiva thought God has gone mad. He always thought marriages are made in heaven, but whatever happening now seems like straight coming from a mental asylum. He loves Raavi - Raavi loves Dev - Dev and Rishita loves each other. But all their marriages are happening against their wishes. 

He thought whatever it is, Dhara bhabi raised him well. He is not going to harbour anymore feelings for Raavi. He decided to kill this decade long love in that mandap itself and he successfully did it once they put garland on eachother.

When he was slowly burying his love's death in his heart, he heard that voice. Because of which, he could not finish all the rituals. 

He don't know how to react. Whether he should be happy that this marriage stopped, sad that Gaumbi and bhabi are getting insulted by maami or angry on Dev or be thankful to Rishita. He is confused and then he saw Raavi running.

His heart almost stopped seeing Raavi trying to commit suicide. He saved her and involuntarily revived his love too in the process. Who was he kidding? He can never stop loving her. 

Today he agreed on two things. God is not mad, he plans everything. Dhara bhabi is his god. He readily agreed to the marriage and super duper happy with the final outcome of all those miscommunications. But of course he could not show his true emotions to everyone and he has all the time in the world to let his wife feel his love. 😃