ShaKhi Drabble: The Man I Want To Be...

AK_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

The Man I Want To Be...

Divider clipart, Picture #192579 divider clipart

Anokhi was too quiet and eerie calm making Shaurya very anxious for her reaction. 

Why should I choose a man who does not honor my ambitions? Why should I choose you over my dignity? She had asked.

Shaurya was repentant that he used to be that sort of man. But in this moment, he was also scared that the girl he loved so deeply would probably find him unworthy of taking on so much trouble. He had given it a thought. 

Hell, he drove himself to the brink of insanity trying to prove that all he needed was a housewife... Yet, here he was. 

Shaurya was shaking in his shoes knowing that compromising with her education was a zero option and this is a make or break situation for them. He wanted to make sure that he was in complete control of his words to make no mistakes as he cleared this mess. 

A part of him feared that she wouldn't believe him after whatever she heard about his demands of a housewife.

“Listen Anokhi, I will never make you choose! I have understood that I have no right to... When I say I am a changed man, I meant it! Regardless of what your Aastha Ma’am said, I want you to-”

“Do you know why I ran away from my marriage?” Anokhi interrupted his speech.

“You wanted to study.”

“Yes. But the reason why I ran away on my wedding day was because that boy lied to me.”  He frowned in confusion, “He said he would take me to Canada and get me admitted to a  university but he had no intention of doing that and knew I would be incapable of doing a thing about it later.”  

“I would never betray you, Anokhi.” He vowed.

Her fighting spirit, her strength and her tenacious temperament was what drew him to her. He never had even the slightest intention to ask her to change that about herself. The unabated and unfettered Anokhi Bhalla. 

“I know. I believe you..” She smiled and he could help but feel like a burden was off his shoulders.

“Besides, the only thing Aastha Ma’am has ever taught me is that I don’t need a man or his 'permission' to be anything I want in life. I alone am enough to make my own choices.” Shaurya noted the pride and perseverance in her voice. 

Gently, he took her palm between his and gave it an assuring squeeze.

“I know you don’t need me. Or anyone. But I still want you to choose me because I would really love to be that man who shares your joys as you achieve your dreams." Their fingers entwined, "I want to be the man who asks you how was your day at work and I want to be the man you can lean on when you need someone beside you after a weary day." 

He pecked the back of her hand, "But most of all, I want to be the man you come home to...I want to be your man.”  

- - - - - 

A/N: A little longer than a drabble but I couldn't stop writing. 

No idea what made me write this. I kinda expect both, Shaurya and Anokhi to fight for their beliefs because their reasons are credible in their own life. I hope, ShaKhi come out of this as a newer and better versions of them selves.

So... What do you think? 😃

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wamavasant thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This was so beautiful...❤️

He spoke just like her man "I want to be the man you come home to" this was the best line of this drabble in my opinion.

You described his feelings perfectly and this line proves that he really is a changed man now.

Loved it akshu 🤗

Edited by wamavasant - 3 years ago
Lavi_dovey thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Love this to the core.❤️

Many a times we read about man saying he want his woman to be the one to whom he comes home. But this... "I want to be the man you come home to" This line is just so beautiful. 

Amazing.

Edited by Lavi_dovey - 3 years ago
GumnaamHaiKoii thumbnail

Aww 

Blissful 💕 

Wish they get to talk like this one day 

You have described  Shaurya’s POV perfectly 💯

From a guy wanting only a housewife as life partner to wanting to be someone’s man , guy she can come home to

Shaurya sabrawal has really changed a lot 

It was such a smooth and  amazing transformation 💕

Anokhi believing him  was ❤️ ✨

Well written Akshu ❤️

🤗

Aaj res bhi Nahi kiya 😎

deepshiii thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Unres

Beautiful writing Akshu💓 I loved how Anokhi mentioned about that Canada gut and his lies and how Shaurya assured that he won’t do that to her.

I was in awe when Shaurya said I want to be the man you lean on when you need someone after a weary day. I want to be the man you come home to🥺 Shaurya, please stop ✋ Stop making me fall in love with you way too much. This one line ".... come home to" means the world to any girl I’m sure and Anokhi is one lucky girl 😳

I’m so pinning for this scene to play and ShaKhi to talk in the exact same flow 

Loved it a lot my girl. You amaze me every time with your writings ❤️✨

Edited by deepshiii - 3 years ago
glowgetter thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Akshuu,,

I am reiterating that your work is imagery for me.

I could actually IMAGINE Shaurya kneeling down the way he did in the hostel and speaking to Anokhi.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN IN THE SHOW- secret CVS take note and imprint this in your heart and your script !!!!!

" I would really love to be that man who shares your joys as you achieve your dreams"

I am sure, every ambitious woman , wants her Significant other to tell her these words ! Can anything be more beautiful than your man being the wind beneath your wings rather than the one who cuts your wings off..

"I want to be the man you come home to " - NEED my MAN to say this to me !! 

Loved it..

Waiting for your new OS

Keep writing ❤️

xx

I'm glad you brought up Anokhi's marriage & how she gave him a chance. Plus Shaurya's words at the end has my ❤️ So meaningful & how he doesn't want to lose Anokhi was bliss..

The way in which he wants her to believe that he accepts he had been wrong & he's a changed man was beautifully written. I had a smile at the end, great job Akshu! 🤗

mehr05 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Akshu, i cried in the last part. 😭😭😭

I cried out of sheer happiness and the love these two have for each other. Shaurya's depth of feelings is palpable. 

Bhavisweet03 thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 5 0 Thumbnail + 8

Woww Honestly Akshu it's Superb drabble on ShaKhi

I really love how Shaurya expresses his feelings to Anokhi about his thinking. This exactly what I wanted to see in the show also.

Really beautiful one❤️

Keep writing more Akshu🤗

rishbala3018 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Beautifully penned. Hopefully the show makers will be able to make things right between them just as wonderfully. 

Lots of love 

Preet ♥️