Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tintin1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

First of all I must say , here we have very great writers. Thats nice to see everyone involved in intense conversation. Thank you ❤️

1. I never said dont give space to other I said give balanced space to all. not like 16 minutes to just one person giving gyaan. He can explain same thing in 1-3 minutes as well. [Quality matters not quantity]

2. Most of you blv it or not. TRP will definitely go down once focus is shifted from Shivi to other leads. I personally wont watch this show and many out there who dont follow IF wont prefer to watch this show either. [You can notice amount of Shivi VMs, Shivi OSs, Shivi Posts]  I dont think these much level of appreciation given to anyother couple of PS. 

3. I knew pandya store when Dhara and Gautam in highlight, I saw promos but never ever got attracted to this show ever nor any of my friends/family. Until chemistry between Shivi got our attention. 

4. Many out there only prefer to watch the saw based on the chemistry of lead couple because that kind of pair  looks natural. Currently I feel Shivi's acting looks real to me.  [Credit goes to Actors and Crew]

5. Its not that I hate other couple but there is thin line between acting and pretending. 

6. Many out here pointed that if given focus to one couple. It becomes boring. I disagree, we have a best example IPKKND. People wanted to watch it even after 2 years old show; it ended because Actor decided to quit for film offer not the other way around.Eventually he came back with ITV IPKKND 2 or 3 but he didnt get that much love like Season 1. Because of lack of chemistry. show ended in 3-4 months only.

7. All I request based on popular demand, I hope they give space like :

• Complete 6-7 mins to Shivi alone
  • Complete 9 mins to Shivi with Family [Gaura ka gyaan can fit here]
  • 6 minutes total to other 2 pairs &/or Prafulla.

Dont hit me guys😉, its just my wish

Edited by tintin1234 - 2 years ago
Raingoddess thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Transference

Hi, to answer your question, I will reply in two parts. 

1. Gaura Giving Gyaan: I honestly think that the gyaan goes overboard sometimes only from Dhara’s POV. Gaumbi is a treat to watch as his gyaan is more poignant and very balanced. 

2. Screen Space and Shivi: First of all, PS is a show which has been very wholesome till date. All characters including the Mama and Mami too have great screen space. I love Shivi but rarely I get to see shows where every cast member and character brings so much to the story which was before Gul Khan Brand of trip and fall shows started getting into picture with only leads falling on each other l. I mean after a while that does get boring too. 
The TRP’s come as a result of an entire show and not merely because of a lead couple. PS has been that show which likes to give equal importance to everyone. I’d rather like it that way. The day it becomes a run-of-the mill story, I’d be the first one to bail out. 

💯 I agree with each and every word! It’s rare to find an ensemble cast in ITV where each character has something to bring to the table and isn’t just made up of the main leads and the vamps... I personally enjoy GauRa as much as ShiVi & I look forward to seeing where the writers take Dev & Rishita. Maami, Suman and even Anita add to the story. If the focus was on one couple alone, I would probably lose interest as soon as they confess tbh... maybe even earlier. 

Personally, I believe it’s a misconception that a couple or certain actors alone bring TRPs. Like you said, it’s a result of the entire show... the story, production value and even the targeted audience. A show may lose one chunk of viewers only to gain another. I hope PS remains balanced and we see more than just romance. I would prefer a journey and wholesome story.

As for gyaan, I completely agree with the bolded section above. Gaumbi is able to give his views in a way that forces the characters to think.... he shows them different possibilities rather than just tell them.  Dhara is still learning to let go but I hope she does soon. I would love to see her focus on herself too! Hopefully they tone down her actions towards both couples so that they can discover themselves on their own. But yeah, I hope it remains like this... it’s a family story and therefore has so many possible arcs and relationships to explore. 

Raingoddess thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: milkcakejamun

I have agreed with everything that was said so far! I am loving how Rishita is being portrayed as a very human/realistic character! She's just a little more annoying than the rest of the characters because she is not used to being in a family like the Pandya one. She's used to getting what she wants and being a little selfish. But, it seems like Gaumbi is breaking through with her in a way that Dhara even couldn't. Even Shiva's prank, I hope, will melt her and she will become a Rishita that many will love and look forward too!

In terms of screen space, I love how each couple has equal screen space with Krish included too! As much as I love ShiVi, it would honestly get boring really fast if all we had to see were their nok-jhoks and romance. By giving each couple screen space, we learn more about the other characters in the show. And afterwards, when each couple interacts, we see beautiful sides of the characters we don't already know. For example, in the bus ride when Dhara alluded to ShiVi's childhood, that was my absolute favorite scene. As much as I love the accidental romances and heated gazes, I love seeing a couple have a strong foundation. Knowing that ShiVi have a whole childhood together just makes me look forward to their relationship that much more. (You don't casually fight for someone to get chole if you didn't already have some type of impression on that person... whether it is love, respect, or admiration... well that's something we will find out later!) So, I think we'll only get these sweet moments if the other couples are also equally highlighted.

The one qualm that I have about this show, though, is Dev's characterization. Seeing the original, and seeing how he handled things, made me actually forgive Dev for doing such a thing at his wedding. I am not too sure about the Tamil version, but in the Telugu version, whatever words that Gaumbi spoke today (there was no comparison to sticks, just the meaning of the words) were actually spoken by Dev to Rishita on their suhaag raat. Additionally, as some others have mentioned on other threads and the EDT, Dev and Shiva, especially once the tension between ShiVi has cooled, become confidants to each other when they discuss their relationship.

That was one aspect I appreciated of the original show. Every character had some type of flaw, but through their interactions with other characters, they became stronger. It seems like Pandya Store is trying to center GauRa as the sole peacemakers of the family, which can be done, with Suman when needed. Instead, I want to see Dev and Rishita serve as peacemakers some times as well. I mean how nice would it be if Rishita and Raavi had a scene where Rishita tells Raavi what love is, and Raavi realizes that she's never truly loved Dev (just merely infatuated). Or how nice would it be if Dev, with Shiva and Raavi, comments about their childhood and describes a time where ShiVi worked together to solve a problem? And that makes ShiVi realize that their childhood wasn't entirely built on hate. And even Krish, how nice would it be to see Krish discuss his college problems with ShiVi, and ShiVi offer a solution, and Krish tells them that their solution should apply to their marriage as well?

We don't just learn from our parents. We learn from our siblings, friends, and mentors too. As of now, it seems like GauRa teaching the rest is in full force, and I understand why that may be. 10 years is a long time to be married. But 10 years does not justify them knowing the solution to every problem. ShiVi's marriage is nothing like GauRa's. GauRa can advise the couple to settle their differences, but apart from that, there shouldn't be too much meddling or resentment will build.

Right now, there seems to be a huge characterization imbalance. GauRa and ShiVi and Krish are well characterized. But DevTa are not. There's many gaps in their characters, and that's causing the audience to become even more frustrated with the two. It's even made me realize that I like Dev individually (when Rishita's not around), and I like Rishita individually (when Dev's not around), but I can't seem to like them when they are together, and I think a lot of that has to do with how they've distributed the character traits/changed the characters in the remake. I hope they hone in on Dev's character... he really was an amazing character in the original!

@Bold I would love if they do something like this! It’ll be so nice to have everyone contribute to making the family stronger & helping each other grow! 

Mountains_Lakes thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Agree with what others have said here.

I am loving the focus on whole family with ShiVi scenes. I felt Gaumbi's scene with Rishita yesterday was needed, for Rishita to feel included and see other side of things. His scene with Dhara, well, I would have enjoyed it more if it was about something else than it always revolving around their kids.

I have seen two shows which garnered great TRPs with full ensemble cast vs focus only in one jodi. BBB and SGP. Both were hilarious and loved for no vamp, memory (well SGP had it) loss, lovers seperation track. As much as I love ShiVI, the story would become boring or like any other show on ITV. If there aren't any vamps then they'll show constant MU, seperation, and remarriage tracks. It can become so repetitive. I'd  rather have focus on growth of each character and couple. Couple of weeks ago, with kidnapping track, the focus was on ShiVi, now the focus is on mission Sudharo Rishita. And most people I spoke with enjoyed Monday's episode. The focus on that was mainly Krish-Shiva vs Rishita.

And like Avi said, I look forward to seeing scenes of ShiVi with other characters as all relationships grow. Raavi-Rishita complaining about their husbands vs Dev Shiva complaining about their wives, each of them stepping up and making their presence felt in others needs. It allows for great story, actors can get break, and don't get bored of repetitive tracks. us there's always something fun going on.

But I agree, they can tone down crying Dhara. I liked her fierce as she was before leap and the stern one on Monday's episode.

However, having said that, this is just my wish. You're entitled to feel and express what you desire. And irrespective of what we want, we're only gonna get what CVs give us.

Edited by Mountains_Lakes - 2 years ago
HanaKB thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: fruityfairy02

Coming to the shivi screen space topic. I do agree that their relationship is taking center stage at the moment, and fans (including me) are loving it! But I want their relationship to be built on trust, respect, and love...not just raw chemistry. I think the family, and their sensible gyaan, will be crucial in helping them build this relationship. 

THIS! I am so afraid that because of Shivi fans' demands for more, the writers might start showing their romance pretty quickly which would make no sense for their characters. They have grown up despising each other. And it will take quite a bit of time for them to even stand to be in the same space without arguing!   Shivi have to go through many other situations and obstacles in order to start feeling any type of emotion for each other. The trust, the respect, and the love blossoming from that will take time! 

Despite what others think, I think following the Gyaan from Gaumbi and Dhara will be instrumental for Raavi to win Shiva's respect, love, and friendship because to Shiva, family is the most important thing, and if Raavi continues to show respect for the elders and keep integrating into the family and treating it like her own, we will definitely see Shiva melt.  This is why there is so much friction between Rishita and Krish and Shiva. 

I kinda enjoy the gyaan tbh! 😆 This drama is not real so it's nice to know that people can at least think like this in someone's imagination! 😆

Also haven't the couples only been married for a few days now? 🤔

Edited by HanaKB - 2 years ago
tintin1234 thumbnail

See this what  I am talking about the episode. 

Today there was no Gyaan, it was balanced episode at the same time light weight with adventure and small romantic gestures that can help them grow in relationship. Example: Raavi missing Shiva while sleeping, Raavi commenting on Shiva's shirt, Shiva comparing her with him, etc. 

Pyaar Gyaan se nahi hota dil se hota he... Koi kitana bhi love guru banjaye... par insaan sirf apne dil ki sunta he jab mamla pyaar ka hota he..! [Thats my personal belief]

Today the way Gaura teasing Shiva about food, thats kind of gesture is required to feel the feeling for someone not long tutoring. 

This is called a worthy episode unlike yesterday. 

Edited by tintin1234 - 2 years ago
Yashasviiiii thumbnail

Look even i am bored of gyan infact i forward most of gyan scenes but here we should think of bigger picture who is ground audience,  ps is a family drama which has combination to reach every age group so they have to keep everyone happy not just us shivi fans